MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
http://fox17online.com/2013/04/27/norton-shores-police-looking-for-missing-woman/#axzz2Rh8KOqEk
jessica-heeringa.jpg

"NORTON SHORES, Mich- The Norton Shores Police Department is investigating a missing person which occurred in late evening hours of April 26, 2013 at the Exxon Mobil gas station located at 1196 E. Sternberg Rd. Around 11:15 p.m. Norton Shores Police officers were dispatched to the gas station on a suspicious activity report. Customers called 911 after entering the store to find no employees present. The employee scheduled to be working, Jessica Heeringa, was not able to be located.
Contact has been made with friends and family of 25 year old Jessica Heeringa but as of April 27, 2013 at 2:00 pm Jessica has not been located.
Jessica is described as a white female, 25 years old, 5’1 tall, approximately 110 lbs., blond shoulder length hair, and blue eyes. Jessica is also known to wear wired rim glasses. She may be wearing a blue collared shirt saying “Sternberg Exxon”.
Anyone who may have witnessed suspicious activity near the Exxon Mobil gas station is asked to contact Silent Observer at 231-72-CRIME (231-722-7463) or call 911."

936415_576999048987100_65449273_n.png

Suspect sketch

bilde

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6

Scanner Thread for Jessica

Media & Map thread

A few reminders...

We do not have any POI's or Suspects named in this case. We will not discuss anyone in this manner until or unless LE does name a POI or suspect.

We are a victim friendly site, the family (including the boyfriend) are victims. No bashing, sleuthing or talking about them in a suspicious manner.

Rumors are not allowed. If you are stating something as fact, link to it. You can discuss what is known in main stream media and from law enforcement. You can speculate with what is known at this time only, no wild rumors or speculation.

Posting or discussing comments from FB or news pages are not allowed.You can suggest checking out the comments section or FB, but it is considered rumor and not discussible here.

Sex Offenders
It is illegal to use the sex offender registry information to harass anyone. We would never condone that at Websleuths. However, it is okay if, when a child goes missing or is harmed, we look at the sex offenders in the area and post their information, along with maps to show how close they live to the victim. Never even hint at harassing anyone on the sex offenders list. Any posting here about a sex offender should always be within the law.

Ima

Another Day to add to all the other days that Jessica has been missing....
Maybe today will be the day she comes home......

In this particular article, Chief Dan Shaw states:
http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/06/jessica_heeringa_case_2_months.html

“We’re further along, but with the lack of evidence, it’s just hard to put all the pieces together and be able to have probable cause to put it on one person or persons. There are some people of interest and we’re trying to see if we can connect them to the point we can call them suspects and move forward,” Shaw said."

I know in other cases I have followed, LE names persons of interest.
I wonder if that would happen in Jessica's case?
If the public knew who were the person's of interest, maybe that would jog a person's memory of that said individual(s), to help break the case.

what about her disappearance fails to meet the criteria for the FBI to call her a missing person and to investigate?

I know in other cases I have followed, LE names persons of interest.
I wonder if that would happen in Jessica's case?

If the public knew who were the person's of interest, maybe that would jog a person's memory of that said individual(s), to help break the case.

I suspect that LE is concerned about revealing too early who is the person of interest is and having to tell the news media later on that their investigation eventually had cleared the poi of any involvement with the case.

I remember a case from my hometown years ago that involved the abduction and murder of a female child. To this day, that murder is still unsolved.

During the search for the missing child, LE revealed to the news media that they were looking for a poi who may have something to do with the missing child. The poi learned that he was wanted by LE and turned himself in. After the poi was in custody, the body of the missing child was found.

The poi was held in jail on a very high bond on unrelated charges. The local news media dragged the poi's name in the newspaper everyday for several weeks before LE finally admitted that the poi was no longer a murder suspect.

A couple of months later the poi went on trial on the unrelated charges from another case. He was convicted by a jury and the judge gave him a prison sentence.

Even though the poi had been cleared by LE of any involvement in the abduction and murder of the female child, the local news media coverage of the poi had already influenced the jurors mind as jurors had felt the poi had something to do with the terrible crime that he had been cleared of by LE.

I am just wondering, even though her status is Abducted, her status is that they feel she is Abducted by Someone She Knows. So who knows Jessica could be hidden in plain sight, and by LE's lack of telling the public more, esp. after the fact they had the FBI/Secret Service, Chrysler Corp, and others involved, then not follow up with the media after that, makes me think they have info that they are not releasing, and I noticed that even Jessica's media presence is not like it used to be, and the facebook page for her is like non existent now for the administrator to post, so maybe Jessica will show up eventually (if she is alive) when the media isn't exposing her case.? IMOO.
Personally, I think some hunter will stumble on her remains in the fall because there are no active searches for Jessica.
I would like to think that she is alive and hidden somewhere as that is the best case scenario, but after 2 and a half months of being missing, and missing Mother's Day, Memorial Day, Father's Day, 4th of July holidays, not seeing her son all this time, it seems doubtful that a caring loving mother who loved her son so much would just be gone this long on her own accord. IMOO.

With the silence on this thread now evident about Jessica, what does that mean?
1. Do you think that it was a "staged" abduction and Jessica will come home at some point?
2. Do you think that it was a real abduction, and that Jessica is hidden in plain sight and she is ok, and she will come home eventually?
3. Do you think that this is an abduction, and that she is not ok, but she will come home eventually?
4. Do you think this is an abduction, and something nefarious has happened to Jessica and she is deceased?
5. Do you think Jessica is deceased and someone will stumble upon her remains?
6. Do you think Jessica is deceased and her remains won't be found?

A little while ago, I posted that I don't have much to add to this thread anymore and I have been trying hard to come up with something to post on her thread.
I do tend to wonder that if Jessica is not in the lime light anymore, and she is alive, she will be coming home when the focus is not on her anymore.
If this was a staged abduction, and it got out of control, it must be embarrassing to know that everyone is looking for her, well sort of, no searches though and that if she did leave her child on purpose and atleast 20 thousand dollars spent from LE, and perhaps charges could be brought about if this is a staged abduction....maybe she is afraid to come home if that is the case? Abandonment of a child is a serious matter if by chance this is staged. If it is staged, Why??
So I am left to ponder these thoughts and if this thread goes quiet and stale, I do understand. There isn't much to add when there isn't much to add.
We tried! IMOO.

As of now, I think she was kidnapped, is probably not alive and that LE is plodding along as best they can, but that little will come to light unless she is found.

As of now, I think she was kidnapped, is probably not alive and that LE is plodding along as best they can, but that little will come to light unless she is found.

Thank you! That is my impression as well.
I hope they find her.

I have been following this case from the beginning, thats how I came to websleuths originally. I have since started following other cases and I am shocked at how little LE seem to be doing, at least by what we have heard anyway. This just breaks my heart. I pray to God every day that she will be found one way or another so her loved ones can have some kind of closure.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, so please bear with me as I get acquainted with things.

I'm from the UK. though I'm originally from PA and lived in ME and Cape Cod, MA. I've been following Jessica's case since I accidentally stumbled upon it shortly after it happened. I check in on developments every day in the hope that she's come home to her little boy.

I'm writing in reply to an earlier thread about the number of look-alike blond girls who have gone missing in the month of April. Their appearances are striking, so this in itself caught my attention, and disturbingly so.

Then I looked at the dates of their disappearances:

Six petite blonde look-a-likes gone missing in the month of April:
1). Jessica Heeringa went missing Friday April 26th 2013.
2). Heather Hodges went missing Monday April 9th 2012.
3). Kelli Bordeaux went missing Saturday April 14th 2012.
4). Holly Bobo went missing Wednesday April 13th 2011.
5). Brittanee Drexel went missing Saturday April 25th 2009.
6). Misty Gwinner went missing Tuesday April 5th 2005.

Is it just me, or if you rearrange the dates in chronological order, there is a pattern:

April 5/9
April 13/14
April 25/26

Could there be something significant with the pattern of dates for this unsub? Is there some sort of anniversary? Are there any other young women of similar descriptions who have gone missing from other areas in these same time frames?

Maybe I'm way off in left field, but it just struck me very suddenly, like those dates just popped off the page.

Just a note too: I also worked at a convenience store when I was in college (Turkey Hill). It was pre-gas station days and when the store was only open until 11pm. There would always be two of us working together, yet it still would get a bit creepy at times, and this was a store that was located on a corner of a well-lit corner of major street. The dumpster was still situated in a darkened area nearly behind the store, as was its secondary door. And the possibly of getting a cut due to box cutters, paper cuts, or small cuts from the meat slicer were always regular occurrences.

Thanks for letting me share. I'll look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Many thanks,

Lee Ann

Hi,

I'm from the UK. though I'm originally from PA and lived in ME and Cape Cod, MA. I've been following Jessica's case since I accidentally stumbled upon it shortly after it happened. I check in on developments every day in the hope that she's come home to her little boy.

I'm writing in reply to an earlier thread about the number of look-alike blond girls who have gone missing in the month of April. Their appearances are striking, so this in itself caught my attention, and disturbingly so.

Is it just me, or if you rearrange the dates in chronological order, there is a pattern:

April 5/9
April 13/14
April 25/26

Could there be something significant with the pattern of dates for this unsub? Is there some sort of anniversary? Are there any other young women of similar descriptions who have gone missing from other areas in these same time frames?

Maybe I'm way off in left field, but it just struck me very suddenly, like those dates just popped off the page.

Just a note too: I also worked at a convenience store when I was in college (Turkey Hill). It was pre-gas station days and when the store was only open until 11pm. There would always be two of us working together, yet it still would get a bit creepy at times, and this was a store that was located on a corner of a well-lit corner of major street. The dumpster was still situated in a darkened area nearly behind the store, as was its secondary door. And the possibly of getting a cut due to box cutters, paper cuts, or small cuts from the meat slicer were always regular occurrences.

Many thanks,

Lee Ann

For my thought process, I am thinking that it is an isolated case, and that Jessica knew her abductor, but it isn't a serial abductor.
As for the month, there's probably lots of missing women in every month, and the probability of some of them being blonde in each of those months could hold true. There could probably be stats about brunettes as well.
I think there are a lot of sickos out there....My 2 cents...... IMOO.

I think if Jessica 'staged' her disappearance, she would have made it look like a robbery. Then she would have been able to have money to start her new life with. So I dont see that being the case. BUT... if she did, even if it were meant to be a short 'fling' I could see how she could not come home with all the police etc.
I do think this is an isolated incident, and Jessica will eventually be found by accident... although it would be wonderful if she were found alive... but the longer it goes, the less I think so..

http://articles.courant.com/2013-05...130517_1_remains-id-alyssiah-wiley-west-haven

For instance, here's an April disappearance of Alyssiah Wiley where her remains were found one month later on private property in CT. I'm not familiar with the case but, apparently, the boyfriend murdered the young lady. Each case is different. Notice too that searches were being conducted even though they hoped Alyssiah was just a missing person.

I'm familiar with some of the April cases. My mind remains open to the idea that several cases of the missing young women could be related. Do officials ever consider common links to social media sites that could possibly make them vulnerable targets of opportunity for a predator? This would be the fbi's job I guess.

Hi,

April 5/9
April 13/14
April 25/26

Many thanks,

Lee Ann

Welcom to websleuths!!!
I also think Jessica's case is an isolated case. However, I'd like to know more about Kathleen Overzet case.
I just wanted to add that I also worked at a gas station. And I don't know if anyone really realizes how creepy some of the costumers could get unless if you have worked at one your self. I worked alone. But it's the guys you wouldn't typically expect to get weird with you. I remember one night I had a guy come in over 10 times to get weird little things like a pop, then a pack a cigs, then gas....ect it was like he was making reasons up to come in. On another occasion there was a young man early 20's who had asked me out on a date, I said no and didn't give my number out. He then drove around the parking lot later that night for about an hour and kept doing his rounds. I also had another guy who had came in and was waiting for me after I was done closing to ask if I want to go grab a drink or something. Some of these guys were regulars. Some of these guys were in town for the week doing construction work.
I'm not sure if you experienced this to this extent being that you did not work alone. My only point is that this is why I truly believe that this was some type of regular who abducted Jessica. Some weird costumer who liked her and got obsessed. Or was put off by being rejected. With the van this very well could of also been a construction worker?
The thing that always surprised me was how many guys got weird with me. I'm not a super model or anyone above average. Nothing special about me. Just a blond young girl.
After working alone in a gas station I believe that no young female should ever close alone, there should be a buddy system to their cars at night. And most defiantly cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74