1377 users online (250 members and 1127 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Just K View Post
    Here we go.

My take: I think with this witness stating tha GZ was not a violent person, the defense just opened the door to his prior history of violence.

Assault on a LEO
    TRO
    Throwing the woman at the party

ALL IMO.
    I think this may be the biggest mistake the defense has made and they have had a winning run until that point, IMO

I just saw a clip on a newspaper for a missing child of the judge storming off the bench last night. Can someone tell me what happened and what it was about? the only voice was West complaining about full days and it being 10 at night but no context

I like this witness.

http://www.mania.co.in/display/6512/...g_Everyone.gif

This trial is surprising me! I wonder what will be revealed today?

I think he comes off credible. And the state trying to make him look silly and they look ridiculous doing so.
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

All my posts are my opinion only.

so, according to HLN they cant show the re enactment in the body of their case but can in their closing. seems weird 2 me.

it also seems weird 2 me that evidence of TM's fighting past isn't admissible while evidence of GZ's interest in law enforcement is.
    IF I PUT IT HERE ITS MY OPINION. apparently i have no idea when i need to say that in a post, so this should cover it....IN MY OPINION anyways,

welcome to the gates of hell JVDS.

Jose Baez: “I sincerely believe that when we have finally spoken, everyone, and I mean everyone, will sit back and say, ‘Now, I understand. That explains it.’”

Jose Baez to da judge :

".....that type of testing is unique. we requested that they be allowed to test items and that of course was objected to by the state and and uh the state uh granted or sustained their objection, denied our opportunity to have him test these items due to a very specialized field, subfield, of dna that he is one of the pioneers of uh in the alternative of we were granted the ability to test certain items by an outside lab...."

So he has not even been paid for his testimony? Sounds good to me.
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

I don't understand this input now from this ex-cop. More regurgitation of the same GZ side of the story. IMO

Thank you Fran!
    "You are free to choose, You are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Quote Originally Posted by sacrablue View Post
    I don't understand this input now from this ex-cop. More regurgitation of the same GZ side of the story. IMO
    Are you listening? He was not regurgitating he was explaining proper procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettScarpetta View Post
    To me all the state has is two cursing comments. That is all they have. I think that is completely reaching.
    I SO agree! I wish there was a bleep button, it gets tiring to listen to them cursing over and over. JMO
    "No one makes an innocent accident look like murder" ~ Jeff Ashton

This witness is testifying to what LE should do in such a situation. Which as Defence 101 has pointed out, plays right into the Prosecution's allegation that GZ is a Cop Wannabe. Thanks defense!!!
    As a rule my comments are my views.

Many LE have never had to discharge their firearms during the course of their careers, IMO.

As far as I'm concerned, Mr. guy's question about whether or not Mr. Root had ever discharged his firearm during the course of his LE career isn't relevant.

MOO
    To understand the soul of a horse is the closest we humans can come to knowing perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by defense101 View Post
    I think this may be the biggest mistake the defense has made and they have had a winning run until that point, IMO
    Exactly! Also, the prosecution must emphasize that GZ is not/was not a police officer.

In addition, IMO, the prosecution needs to stress that TM may have seen the gun before the physical "intersection" took place.
    The facts are now buried amongst theory, opinion and rumor.

DEadly force is not just about shooting... Good comment.

Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast