Dogs fall ill after hundreds of poisoned meatballs planted in San Francisco streets

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Two dogs fall sick after pooch-hating prankster plants hundreds of poison MEATBALLS in San Francisco streets. (Daily Mail)

• One victim is seven-year-old dachshund Oskar who remains in critical but stable condition
• Residents collected and disposed of hundreds of the balls planted in areas where dogs frequent
• Police are searching for the culprits and appealing to the public for information, warning of a 'truly unusual' crime
• Found in the Twin Peaks, Diamond Heights, Lower Haight, Cole Valley, Hayes Valley and Bernal Heights neighborhoods

the story at link above

That is really crazy. I can't imagine what kind of sick person would do such a thing. You hear of nutty neighbors hurting dogs, but this is like a terrorist attack on dogs. Ugh.

A particularly bizarre display of psychopathic sadism. Hope they catch whoever is doing it, before some child picks up one of these things.

A particularly bizarre display of psychopathic sadism. Hope they catch whoever is doing it, before some child picks up one of these things.

I know you mean human child but for me, my dogs are my children. I seriously want to smack this !

:stormingmad:

I know you mean human child but for me, my dogs are my children. I seriously want to smack this !

:stormingmad:

I understand, and I wasn't making light of how horrible it is for dogs to fall victim to this sadist, (or cats or other animals for that matter). That's already horrible, but a toddler picking one up and sticking it in their mouth would be a nightmare.

What a sadistic coward! I hope they catch whoever it is and charge attempted murder. (I know they can't do that for the dogs' sake, but a human [a child or hungry adult] could eat one of these.) If my puppy ate one of those meatballs I don't know what I'd be capable of doing to this "person."

I understand, and I wasn't making light of how horrible it is for dogs to fall victim to this sadist, (or cats or other animals for that matter). That's already horrible, but a toddler picking one up and sticking it in their mouth would be a nightmare.
I agree... and I knew you weren't minimizing it!

:seeya:

I hope there are some video cams somewhere that can pick up this psycho dropping those meatballs. There must be. I hope everyone checks their footage.

If you didn't have a link to a news story I would have thought for sure this was an urban legend. Yikes. Glad I don't live in that area! :(

for sure this !@#$%^&* will get caught - there's got to be a few surveillance cameras around and someone will recognize him or her

this is a truly psycho act because this person had to go buy the meat (or pre-frozen meatballs), insert some kind of poison and cook them, then distribute them - that takes more planning & effort than some other random act of violence

I'm going to predict that this maniac lives in the area and is upset with all the stray dogs around and stayed close to watch and enjoy the drama unfolding

it won't take long before this person moves onto attempting to kill humans either

poor doggies!

I'm going to guess that this isn't about stray dogs or hatred for dogs, but a hatred for the owners because no one picks up their dogs poo. It's left where the dog poos - sidewalks, stairs & parks. I lived by Dubois park and had a toddler that I had to carry to the playground because the dog feces were so thick on the ground. You will never see a San Franciscan pick up it's pet's poo. And you best not call them on it either - they'll turn on you.

The police pooled together to help a little with the $26, 000 vet bill one lady is facing. Maybe the world is so crazy that we need health insurance on our pets. Hope they catch the evil person and make him/her pay.

What kind of person poisons a helpless dog or cat? This just makes me angry.

I get angry too, when someone doesn't clean up after their animal, but not angry enough to poison the animal.

Maybe this sick SOB would like some poison meatballs for his/her supper?

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers.

The person who did this needs to pay the $26,000 vet bill and do a long time in jail--or be fed the same poison he fed the dogs. Let him suffer and die by his own method.

This is incredibly scary. Not just for all the animals and/or children that can be poisoned, but b/c of what this person(s) may think is funny (or rodent control) next. This is dangerous, dangerous, dangerous! I hope they find this person soon and are in a State that can prosecute fully.

Also, there is health insurance available for pets, has been for years. Guess it is to help with the cost of vets and some pets have lifelong health issues that require lifelong and expensive medications and some have to have lots of surgeries.

I'm going to guess that this isn't about stray dogs or hatred for dogs, but a hatred for the owners because no one picks up their dogs poo. It's left where the dog poos - sidewalks, stairs & parks. I lived by Dubois park and had a toddler that I had to carry to the playground because the dog feces were so thick on the ground. You will never see a San Franciscan pick up it's pet's poo. And you best not call them on it either - they'll turn on you.

I was just going to post how dog friendly SF was...so many people have dogs instead of kids there (it seemed to me) and I know I cleaned up after my dog, and the friend's dog I used to walk there...

I really hate people more and more everyday.

WTH is wrong with people.

And yup, with a bit of luck cctv or a witness will lead to an arrest soon.

I hope the charges laid are serious ones, too. It should not (legally) matter if the intended targets were animals - this could have poisoned a child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back