689 users online (89 members and 600 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    In my opinion, all look tired in court this morning (except GZ, who seems same as ever, hard to tell - maybe a bit more upbeat, but could just be in contrast to the rest, who seem drained). The attorneys, judge and everyone in the courtroom - all appear exhausted, and likely are.
    It's refreshing to see a judge run a courtroom efficiently, attentively, decisively, and on schedule with great consideration and respect for the jury (not to insult any other court - all have their own processes). No matter how you might feel about her decisions, she makes them quickly, appears to have her facts in front of her, or asks for what she needs - in my opinion, she gives it her full attention.
    However, it's clear it isn't easy - there must be an enormous amount of work and stress for everyone involved both in court and behind the scenes in order to run on, or close to schedule - especially with so much attention being paid.
    It can't be easy for anyone in there, and I have respect for all parties involved, regardless of my personal views about the case.
    All of the above is, of course, my own opinion, my opinion only.

Aaaannnd...we're back live.

I think that sad thing is that today people riot even when they are happy. I can not remember which team won in the last few years and the people tore apart the city.

It is a sad state of affairs that people can not control themselves over any thing any more. Winning, losing...

I am praying for justice here and praying that people can stop and think before they do something wrong.
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

All my posts are my opinion only.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettScarpetta View Post
    Making cake flour and then baking pound cakes while listening today so if I don't post back quick I am here, Just working!

Thanks so much for going through this trial with me! It is so much better working off others thoughts and discussions about the case!
    Yummy! You don't live in NJ by any chance? I love pound cake!

Quote Originally Posted by missmazzy View Post
    Those lawyers sure have patience (they're re-running the other night's conflict). I would be a lousy lawyer, I almost got held in contempt in traffic court!

I think it's important for a judge to keep the attorneys on track, and to keep them honest. Jodi Aries judge was too nice, and drug that trial out for weeks, if not months longer than it should have lasted. GZ judge is rude, and downright hateful. I don't agree with talking down to people, and especially not in front of others. I think this judge has let her" importance" go to her head, and she thinks embarrassing the attorneys makes herself look better. I think it makes her look petty, and unprofessional. Seriously, I would have already been sanctioned, fined, and perhaps jailed for contempt. She's just hateful!
    These are my opinions, and the last time I checked, I was still entitled to them.

This prosecutor reminds me of Niles Crane.

The court is back on the record..

IMO, if confronting someone with non threatening words is not a crime... I have not seen any evidence of who started the fight unless I go off of RJ's testimony about TM saying "get off, get off."

Quote Originally Posted by cityslick View Post
    I still will never understand this argument. Yes, we can agree he made a bad choice but that bad choice was not against the law. Getting out of the car and walking in the neighborhood is not against the law. Everything else has not been proven beyond a reasonable doubt. So why should he pay a legal price for his bad choices?
    Every time I hear the phrase "bad choices" all I can think of is putting my kids on the naughty step. Is that one of the sentencing options?

When Cory took over the case and GZ was arrested and charged, I though the whole act was a sham. I now believe the trial is a sham. IMO

She doesn't like Don West, you can just tell. Her tone with him is completely different from anyone else. She just now made a little snip about this nonsense about caps/no caps about GZ's name.

Good morning everyone. Kathi Belitch tweeted that a 30 minute recess has turned into 40 minutes. I'd like to invite her to Arizona to see how long recesses can really go. That is in my opinion of course.
    What you don't know is how much you know without knowing you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by missmazzy View Post
    Yummy! You don't live in NJ by any chance? I love pound cake!
    HA. NO.. But I used to as a kid!
    I found a great recipe. Heavy and dense and moist!.. PM me if you want it!!

So good!
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

All my posts are my opinion only.

Quote Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
    What's scary about this case is we have the media and the government both manipulating the criminal justice system to get GZ arrested and charged with murder. MOO.
    Another reason this case is stirring such strong emotions is that MANY folks realize what is happening to Zimmerman could happen any of US!

The fact people refer to this as a "fist fight" infuriates me. If some stranger punches me in the face, slams me to the ground and keeps pummeling me that does NOT mean I am engaging in a "fist fight" it is a violent attack! IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    Hoping for the best, missmazzy. Many folks were too young to remember the repercussions/backlash of the not guilty verdict in the LAPD officers in the Rodney King case. Hopefully, we have come along way since 1992..

Imo, the probability of the GZ trial winding down on a Friday evening, is no coincidence..
    My mom was working in downtown LA when that verdict came down. It took quite a few long, scary hours for her to get home to Santa Ana. A bunch of small businesses were trashed in the blocks around her office. I hope to heavens people remain calm, but I'm very apprehensive.

And good morning, everyone
    Life is an attitude... have a good one :Bananahi:

Page 5 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast