CA CA - Daphne Webb, 21 mos, Oakland, 10 July 2013

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Amber Alert Issued for Missing Oakland Child

Police are trying to locate a 21-month-old girl who was abducted from a parked car in East Oakland Wednesday morning, a police spokeswoman said.

[snip]

The father entered the supermarket by himself, leaving his daughter in the car with an adult family member who is mentally disabled, Watson said.

When he returned, the family member was still in the car but the girl was gone, Watson said.

More: http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Oakland-Police-Search-for-Missing-Child-214978071.html

An Amber Alert has been issued in the Bay Area for a 1-year-old who was abducted from a parked car outside a liquor store.

[snip]

A description of the female suspect was not given.

http://www.kcra.com/news/amber-aler...and/-/11797728/20925778/-/e62mkk/-/index.html

Daphne-Viola-Webb-jpg.jpg

Door-To-Door Amber Alert Search Underway After Oakland Toddler Abduction

[snip]

The girl was reporting missing at 11:09 a.m., police said. Officers issued an Amber Alert a short time later.

[snip]

The suspect is described as a black or Hispanic woman between 30 and 40 years old with long black hair who was wearing a light-colored top and blue jeans, Watson said.

The suspect was seen walking away from the supermarket carrying the girl, Watson said.

Officers are conducting a house-to-house search of the area with K-9 units. Police have closed 78th Avenue between International Boulevard and Locust Street.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2013/07/10/amber-alert-issued-after-abduction-of-oakland-toddler/

Didn't see a thread yet for this little girl. Oakland CA, 1 year old Daphne Viola Webb.
http://www.kcra.com/news/amber-aler...and/-/11797728/20925778/-/e62mkk/-/index.html

Daphne-Viola-Webb-jpg.jpg

Amber Alert issued after 1-year-old abducted in Oakland
Child abducted outside liquor store, CHP says
UPDATED 3:00 PM PDT Jul 10, 2013

OAKLAND, Calif. (KCRA) —An Amber Alert has been issued in the Bay Area for a 1-year-old who was abducted from a parked car outside a liquor store.

The California Highway Patrol says Daphne Viola Webb was abducted by a woman at 11 a.m. in front of Jazzali’s Liquor Store at the intersection of 79th Avenue and International Boulevard in Oakland.

<modsnip>

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=91685

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Police are trying to locate a 21-month-old girl who was abducted from a parked car in East Oakland earlier Wednesday, a police spokesperson said.

The father entered the supermarket by himself, leaving his daughter in the car with an adult family member who is mentally disabled, Watson said.

When he returned, the family member was still in the car but the girl was gone, Watson said.

Thanks mods for linking these two threads up, and updating the article. Sorry, forgot about the copyright rule.

Hope this little one is found safe and quickly!

This is so weird... Who is going to walk up to a car WITH AN ADULT INSIDE OF IT and take a child?

The man bought an energy drink and was in and out of the store quickly, according to a store clerk.

[snip]

Daphne is described as black, about two feet tall, and weighing about 30 pounds. She has short, black curly hair, a medium complexion, black hair and brown eyes, and is missing part of her left ear. She was last seen wearing an orange, two-piece pajama set with pink hearts and pink socks.

[snip]

Investigators spoke with Daphne's father at the scene of the abduction and have already interviewed the girl's mother and several other relatives.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/breaking-news/ci_23635013/oakland-police-search-missing-girl

I'm just gonna call BS from the get go!

The suspect was seen walking away from the supermarket carrying the girl, Watson said.

Was seen ... by whom? I'd really like to confirm that there were other, unrelated witnesses and not just an account from the dad that he only caught a glimpse as she went around a corner and then was gone. Just to ease the pressure of my ever-worrying mind.

Was seen ... by whom? I'd really like to confirm that there were other, unrelated witnesses and not just an account from the dad that he only caught a glimpse as she went around a corner and then was gone. Just to ease the pressure of my ever-worrying mind.

Police said the girl was taken by an unidentified black or Hispanic woman between 30 and 40 years old, who had long, straight black hair and was wearing a light-colored shirt and blue jeans. Witnesses said the woman walked away from the car with the child, and authorities did not identify a vehicle associated with the kidnapping.

From link in the first post...

"He's just an all-around great guy," Owens said of Webb, noting that for years, Webb had drawn lines of people to his front door as he gave away food, clothing, bicycles and more. "He knew everybody. He was just always trying to do good.

also from the first link about her father...

Just a little suspicious here... how impaired is this relative? Obviously he was too impaired to stop the 'abduction' - so too impaired to be questioned by police? Conveniently? I cant imagine anyone walking up to a car with ANY adult in it, and snatch a child.

Daphne looks so sad in the pic. And I wonder where was her mom when this happened.

Suspicious myself.
Just seems very strange, and the part about missing part of her ear :confused:

I hope I'm wrong, but even then she's still gone.

Isn't it kind of weird for there to be an Amber Alert without vehicle info? Seems like I've read this 'complaint' a half dozen times at least, about Amber Alerts not being issued and it's usually because there's no vehicle. Is this one an exception because people witnessed the suspect?

Also... I haven't seen how many witnesses but given that it's plural I assume there were multiple witnesses. They knew a child was being abducted but didn't do anything to stop it? Or were they just confused and didn't realize it was an abduction until later?

Whole story is kind of weird.

Was the disabled adult in the car a woman or man? How old? Was the car locked? We have a mentally disabled adult daughter and if someone tried to take a child out of our car, she would be screaming her head off and trying to stop them. She would also have the car locked if we weren't in it, although the window might be down some for air. But if it was a hot day, why would anyone be left in the car? Was the motor running and the AC turned on? I hope this baby makes it back safe.

I do NOT like how this is playing out........

Was the disabled adult in the car a woman or man? How old? Was the car locked? We have a mentally disabled adult daughter and if someone tried to take a child out of our car, she would be screaming her head off and trying to stop them. She would also have the car locked if we weren't in it, although the window might be down some for air. But if it was a hot day, why would anyone be left in the car? Was the motor running and the AC turned on? I hope this baby makes it back safe.

I Have the same question about the adult in the car. I am very curious what her reaction was to this stranger wanting to take the child.

The below link has lots of details including:
- Witnesses said the disabled adult was an older/elderly female
- in relation to the above, it says that the dad lives with daphne and his mother (is she the one in the car?)
- The police are asking anyone who has seen either the dad OR daphne in the last THIRTY DAYS to contact them
- mom and other family members are described as being extremely cooperative
- dad is 49. He's not a suspect. Mother is in her 80s.
- witnesses said the suspect was Hispanic or light-skinned black with long hair and carried Daphne away.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Toddler-kidnapped-from-SUV-in-Oakland-4657904.php

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back