1555 users online (257 members and 1298 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up Cutlery firm moving from China to Gates, creating 189 jobs

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...rth-Gates-jobs

Cutlery firm moving from China to Gates, creating 189 jobs
    Jul. 10, 2013 5:46 PM

While it used to make sense to outsource manufacturing to China, a disposable cutlery company from Oregon now says it can make more cents and dollars by moving to the Rochester area....

Yayy! Talk about News That Makes You Smile!

But why not move to Oregon if it's from Oregon?

Woo hoo
    Winston Churchill "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaliLucia View Post
    Yayy! Talk about News That Makes You Smile!

But why not move to Oregon if it's from Oregon?
    I'm guessing it's easier to distribute on the east coast. They probably have a west coast facility planned too. Just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...rth-Gates-jobs

Cutlery firm moving from China to Gates, creating 189 jobs
    Jul. 10, 2013 5:46 PM

While it used to make sense to outsource manufacturing to China, a disposable cutlery company from Oregon now says it can make more cents and dollars by moving to the Rochester area....
    Yeah! Hopefully at a decent wage. I stopped by Phalzgraff dinnerware when they started out sourcing it to China. The dishes my DD bought me one Christmas were no where near as good as the American made ones I'd bought years earlier.

By the way Steely Dan what the heck is that fish on your signature?
    -
    My opinion and nothing but my opinion.

Tor:Con Index link below. Will show you the probability of a tornado happening in your area.
    http://www.weather.com/news/tornado-torcon-index

FEMA's link for Emergency Supplies list below or what you need to survive for three days in case help is not immediately available to you.
    http://www.ready.gov/document/family-supply-list

You can also purchase a weather radio which will inform you of severe weather even if your electricity goes out. Runs on batteries of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Show Me View Post
    Yeah! Hopefully at a decent wage. I stopped by Phalzgraff dinnerware when they started out sourcing it to China. The dishes my DD bought me one Christmas were no where near as good as the American made ones I'd bought years earlier.

I've gotten more questions about that fish. IIRC, I cropped a picture of a giant octopus.

I don't know if it's true, and don't really understand it all, but read that something is going on financially, so goods imported from China are expected to go higher in price.

*tangent* The fish is a record-breaking rock fish caught in Alaska not too long ago. I think it weighed like 60 lbs!!

YEAH STEELY. TAKE THE ROCKFISH DOWN.

It's ugly as all heck and distracting and good God can someone just dry it and get it off of your sig? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by multicat View Post
    *tangent* The fish is a record-breaking rock fish caught in Alaska not too long ago. I think it weighed like 60 lbs!!
    Thanks, I added a link to the story in my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaliLucia View Post
    YEAH STEELY. TAKE THE ROCKFISH DOWN.

It's ugly as all heck and distracting and good God can someone just dry it and get it off of your sig? Lol
    BBM

$500.00 to take it down.

Thanks, I added a link to the story in my signature.

BBM

$500.00 to take it down.
    Yes please outsource that ugly fish to China!
    -

Tor:Con Index link below. Will show you the probability of a tornado happening in your area.

FEMA's link for Emergency Supplies list below or what you need to survive for three days in case help is not immediately available to you.

You can also purchase a weather radio which will inform you of severe weather even if your electricity goes out. Runs on batteries of course.

If anyone wants to know what that fish is, click on the "Here's what that thing is." in my signature.

If anyone wants to know what that fish is, click on the "Here's what that thing is." in my signature.
    From Steely Dan's signature:

The Alaska Fish and Game Mark, Age and Tag Laboratory determined that the 40-pound, 3-foot long rockfish caught by an angler from Seattle was not 200 years old, but rather 64 years old, or below retirement age.

Retire the fish to China! Put some cutlery, sharknado, flowers, rainbow, or another emu in it's place in your signature.

Hideous fish! But it's your signature and you can gross us out allllll you want.
    -

Talking

From Steely Dan's signature:

The Alaska Fish and Game Mark, Age and Tag Laboratory determined that the 40-pound, 3-foot long rockfish caught by an angler from Seattle was not 200 years old, but rather 64 years old, or below retirement age.

Retire the fish to China! Put some cutlery, sharknado, flowers, rainbow, or another emu in it's place in your signature.

Hideous fish! But it's your signature and you can gross us out allllll you want.
    I was thisclose to removing that from my signature, but people kept asking about it.

So I thought there'd be a lot of posts asking what that thing is that people wouldn't be able to see what they were talking about. So blame the questioners.

Here's the full picture;

It's weird to think that fish was born 15 years before I was.

After 64 years, you'd think he would have learned to ignore fish hooks.

I was thisclose to removing that from my signature, but people kept asking about it.

So I thought there'd be a lot of posts asking what that thing is that people wouldn't be able to see what they were talking about. So blame the questioners.

Here's the full picture;

It's weird to think that fish was born 15 years before I was.

After 64 years, you'd think he would have learned to ignore fish hooks.

Blown up it looks like a fake fish. Fish is older than me and far, far uglier.
    -

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast