1031 users online (201 members and 830 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 83 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1232
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    31,655

    Laura Babcock: Dellen Millard & Mark Smich charged w/Murder in the First Degree #1

    Toronto Police Service
    News Release

    Missing Woman Laura Babcock, 23
    Broadcast time: 13:06 Monday, July 16, 2012
    22 Division 416−808−2200

    The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public’s assistance locating a missing woman.
    Laura Babcock, 23, was last seen on Tuesday, June 26, 2012, at 9 p.m., in the Queen Street
    West/Roncesvalles Avenue area.
    She is described as white, 5'10", 150 lbs., with a thin build. She has brown eyes and long brown hair dyed blonde.
    Police are concerned for her safety. Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416−808−2200, Crime Stoppers
    anonymously at 416−222−TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637), or Leave A Tip on Facebook.
    Constable Wendy Drummond, Corporate Communications, for Detective Steve Woodhouse, 22 Division

    Updated 10 April, 2014

    Bosma murder suspect charged with killing missing woman, father
    Sandie Benitah, CP24.com
    Published Thursday, April 10, 2014 2:11PM EDT
    Last Updated Thursday, April 10, 2014 6:12PM EDT

    A suspect accused of kidnapping and killing an Ancaster family man now also stands accused of killing his own father and his ex-girlfriend.

    Dellen Millard, 28, who is in jail awaiting trial for the murder of Tim Bosma, was charged Wednesday with the first-degree murder of his father Wayne Millard and his former companion Laura Babcock, the Ontario Provincial Police has confirmed.

    Read more: http://www.cp24.com/news/bosma-murde...#ixzz2ygS2Hm1L
    Clairmont: Police believe body of accused Bosma killer's girlfriend was incinerated
    Hamilton Spectator -- By Susan Clairmont

    Homicide detectives believe Dellen Millard bought a gun illegally and used it to murder his father. And that he also murdered Laura Babcock and incinerated her body — just as he allegedly did with Tim Bosma.
    http://www.ourwindsor.ca/news-story/...s-incinerated/

    Thread #1
    Last edited by bessie; 05-16-2015 at 10:32 PM.
    PODCAST ROW

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK
    __________________________________
    Always give generously of yourself to support your beliefs. And when you're knocked down, give more.




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    31,655



    Police are looking for a young woman who went missing from the Roncesvalles area nearly three weeks ago.

    Laura Babcock, 23, was last seen on June 26 in the Queen Street West and Roncesvalles Avenue area around 9 p.m.

    Police say they are concerned for her safety.

    She is described as white, 510″, 150 lbs., with a thin build. She has brown eyes and long brown hair dyed blonde.
    http://www.citynews.ca/2012/07/16/po...s-3-weeks-ago/
    PODCAST ROW

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK
    __________________________________
    Always give generously of yourself to support your beliefs. And when you're knocked down, give more.




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    31,655

    Laura Babcock is show here with her ex-boyfriend. Dellen Millard is on the end.

    http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/investig...#ixzz2Taggy3Kk
    PODCAST ROW

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK
    __________________________________
    Always give generously of yourself to support your beliefs. And when you're knocked down, give more.




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    31,655
    This thread is for Laura Babcock. Post any connections to Dellen Millard here. Discussion of other DM related matters should stay in Tim Bosma's thread for now.

    PODCAST ROW

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK
    __________________________________
    Always give generously of yourself to support your beliefs. And when you're knocked down, give more.




  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    State of Being
    Posts
    15,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Blomquist View Post
    I don't necessarily believe anything I read.... and I think people can believe whatever they like. I did not read anything about cocaine....and I personally believe that DM was used as DP claims.... I also think SL's version of things is questionable...but thats JMO
    But cherry-picking to believe one claim made by SL (re her demeanour), while at the same time discarding his other claims (DM selling LB cocaine for months), IMO doesn't make sense. You either find the guy credible or not.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,578
    I have to say that I feel very badly for LB's family, there is no closure for them and there may never be. It is very sad to think that something happened in LB's life to take her from a her good family and promising school path to a place of desperation where she may have been somewhat cast-off by her friends when they didn't or couldn't favourably respond to her calls for what I have to assume were seeking help of one kind or another. I agree with you, Snoofo that usually when someone calls after a long absence it is usually because they need or want something, and sadly, when people realize that is the point of the call, they often find an excuse to get off the phone and maybe not answer it again the next time they call. Or even if they call regularly, but lately have always been asking for things, it makes a person not want to answer their calls anymore. I can see that as being a logical reason why DM might have ignored the phone calls. I don't think the next logical jump is to kill the annoying caller though, and I cannot see why anyone would assume that, no matter what purchases were made that month. If DM had bought a chainsaw that month instead, or the wood chipper, or even a baseball bat, would it still be so readily assumed that he had killed her? Is it too difficult to also suppose she might have instead said to herself 'Screw all these so called friends who won't answer my calls, I'm outta here!'?

    To me part of the mystery is that if she had a good friend like SL who cared for her and was willing to provide her with the things she needed, why did she still have to call around to everyone else, weren't her needs now met? Did she perhaps not want to be obligated to him? I am one of the people who are of the opinion that she may have only taken his help out of desperation, but was still perhaps trying to distance herself from their past relationship. In my personal experience, the only time I was in a relationship with someone who wanted to know my passwords, especially for FB and such personal sites such as email or banking, it was because they felt the need to control more of my life and snoop through my correspondences looking to see who might be hitting on me. And for what it's worth, that person ended up pleading guilty to an assault charge as a result of an email. That's only my experience, I cannot speak for Laura, but I believe that to LE this is a fairly common story, and I can imagine that LE might jump to the conclusion that she had left to get away from a controlling ex.

    To me, the thing that gives me hope that she is still alive somewhere in the world is that she brought her dog back home before she left. From what I hear, in the world of escorts, there are a lot of opportunities for international travel, especially for pretty, fresh faced young blondes or those seeking adventure (or escape or so called easy money). I imagine it is often on short notice, and even if an animal had all the necessary paperwork and shots and possible quarantine in time, is there really someone willing to pay for their escort to bring her dog along? And would one really be able to take care of it in a foreign land while working full time (which, in that occupation could really be 24 hours a day or more)? In that case I think the only thing to do would be to drop it off somewhere safe, where you know that they won't just get sick of your dog and give it away (or try to keep it), especially if you are not sure how long you will be gone for.

    But I have to be honest and say that dropping off her dog is also the same thing that makes me sadly also suspect that she may have killed herself instead. Before the escort allegations came out, when her friends on the the FB page seemed to be acting like there was something no one was saying, I remember seeing the word 'tendencies' pop up frequently in reference to LB, and I honestly thought that they were talking about suicidal tendencies, since 'suicidal' is a word that often comes before 'tendencies'. I wouldn't say someone has prostitutional tendencies, I would associate the word prostitution with words like 'dallying in' or 'dabbling in' or 'penchant for', but maybe I'm a word snob. And I have known people to kill themselves over lessor things than heavy drug use or feeling degraded from selling their body or being homeless. Some people will kill themselves because someone they really loved broke up with them, which could also possibly explain the large amount of phone calls in a short span that went unanswered.

    There are many possibilities about what could have happened to Laura, but I feel strongly that someone does not drop their dog off with their parents because they are planning on being murdered. I believe someone also pointed out that there are some heavy drugs like meth that can so dramatically alter your appearance in such a short time that she could be living on the streets in Toronto and be completely unrecognizable, and also have her brain be so fried out that she doesn't realize what's going on at all. Or she could be somewhere great, doing well, and fully aware that DM is suspected of killing her, and thinking it's funny how when she needed his help he turned her down, now look who needs whose help. There are too many possibilities and no real clues. But, honestly, I really don't see any motive for DM to harm her either.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    land of most amazing sunsets
    Posts
    12,613
    Is it too difficult to also suppose she might have instead said to herself 'Screw all these so called friends who won't answer my calls, I'm outta here!'? bbm from Jubalee's post

    That's truly optimistic in this case and I would hope that's really what happened.

    Maybe she was tired of hearing friends' and loved ones' solutions to her problems and just wanted some silence.

    IF she's heard via the grapevine of DM's current legal problems she may be loathe to help or show up at all.
    Just My Opinion

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    CA always, FL now
    Posts
    19,372
    Please continue here

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Juballee View Post
    I have to say that I feel very badly for LB's family, there is no closure for them and there may never be. It is very sad to think that something happened in LB's life to take her from a her good family and promising school path to a place of desperation where she may have been somewhat cast-off by her friends when they didn't or couldn't favourably respond to her calls for what I have to assume were seeking help of one kind or another. I agree with you, Snoofo that usually when someone calls after a long absence it is usually because they need or want something, and sadly, when people realize that is the point of the call, they often find an excuse to get off the phone and maybe not answer it again the next time they call. Or even if they call regularly, but lately have always been asking for things, it makes a person not want to answer their calls anymore. I can see that as being a logical reason why DM might have ignored the phone calls. I don't think the next logical jump is to kill the annoying caller though, and I cannot see why anyone would assume that, no matter what purchases were made that month. If DM had bought a chainsaw that month instead, or the wood chipper, or even a baseball bat, would it still be so readily assumed that he had killed her? Is it too difficult to also suppose she might have instead said to herself 'Screw all these so called friends who won't answer my calls, I'm outta here!'?

    To me part of the mystery is that if she had a good friend like SL who cared for her and was willing to provide her with the things she needed, why did she still have to call around to everyone else, weren't her needs now met? Because SL wasn't supplying her with drugs, which is apparently what she was after, according to DM. Did she perhaps not want to be obligated to him? I am one of the people who are of the opinion that she may have only taken his help out of desperation, but was still perhaps trying to distance herself from their past relationship. I think it was been discussed here about SL, going to the police, the passwords, etc. and concluded that he really is a good guy in all of this. In my personal experience, the only time I was in a relationship with someone who wanted to know my passwords, especially for FB and such personal sites such as email or banking, it was because they felt the need to control more of my life and snoop through my correspondences looking to see who might be hitting on me. And for what it's worth, that person ended up pleading guilty to an assault charge as a result of an email. That's only my experience, I cannot speak for Laura, but I believe that to LE this is a fairly common story, and I can imagine that LE might jump to the conclusion that she had left to get away from a controlling ex.

    To me, the thing that gives me hope that she is still alive somewhere in the world is that she brought her dog back home before she left. From what I hear, in the world of escorts, there are a lot of opportunities for international travel, especially for pretty, fresh faced young blondes or those seeking adventure (or escape or so called easy money). You are making it sound like LB had a chance of a lifetime working as an escort???? "a lot of opportunities"?? travel?? adventure??? We are talking about the sex trade here!! I imagine it is often on short notice, and even if an animal had all the necessary paperwork and shots and possible quarantine in time, is there really someone willing to pay for their escort to bring her dog along? And would one really be able to take care of it in a foreign land while working full time (which, in that occupation could really be 24 hours a day or more)? In that case I think the only thing to do would be to drop it off somewhere safe, where you know that they won't just get sick of your dog and give it away (or try to keep it), especially if you are not sure how long you will be gone for.

    But I have to be honest and say that dropping off her dog is also the same thing that makes me sadly also suspect that she may have killed herself instead. Before the escort allegations came out, when her friends on the the FB page seemed to be acting like there was something no one was saying, I remember seeing the word 'tendencies' pop up frequently in reference to LB, and I honestly thought that they were talking about suicidal tendencies, since 'suicidal' is a word that often comes before 'tendencies'. I wouldn't say someone has prostitutional tendencies, I would associate the word prostitution with words like 'dallying in' or 'dabbling in' or 'penchant for', but maybe I'm a word snob. And I have known people to kill themselves over lessor things than heavy drug use or feeling degraded from selling their body or being homeless. Some people will kill themselves because someone they really loved broke up with them, which could also possibly explain the large amount of phone calls in a short span that went unanswered.

    There are many possibilities about what could have happened to Laura, but I feel strongly that someone does not drop their dog off with their parents because they are planning on being murdered. I believe someone also pointed out that there are some heavy drugs like meth that can so dramatically alter your appearance in such a short time that she could be living on the streets in Toronto and be completely unrecognizable, and also have her brain be so fried out that she doesn't realize what's going on at all. Or she could be somewhere great, doing well, and fully aware that DM is suspected of killing her, and thinking it's funny how when she needed his help he turned her down, now look who needs whose help. There are too many possibilities and no real clues. But, honestly, I really don't see any motive for DM to harm her either.
    I agree that there really is no evidence to support facts that DM killed LB. I have a feeling that DM did in fact kill LB. In the last year in DM's life he has been linked to 2 deaths and one missing person. How many coincidences can there be?
    Last edited by expat cdn; 07-11-2013 at 09:17 AM. Reason: adding and deleting

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,578
    I have had friends go missing in the course of my lifetime. One in particular was gone for 5 years and his family was sure he was dead, but it was later found that he had been in a bad accident and was in a coma on the other side of the country. I have had other friends commit suicide, and in a couple of instances I was the last person to see or hear from them. Perhaps I should feel lucky that no one assumed that I had killed them.

    Your sentiments above, Expat, make me worry that justice will not be served in this case, but vengeance might be served against the wrong person, since, as you say, that there really is no evidence to support it, but your feelings tell you he is guilty. I fear justice will be circumvented or corrupted due to the high emotional impact in this case. The investigation is being preformed by humans with an emotional connection to the victim, I really hope that they do not have the same bias of believing things that are not supported by facts, because that could easily lead them to ignore real facts that do not match their feelings, and give extra weight to circumstantial evidence that could actually mean other things. And an innocent man could spend his life in jail, while the real killer walks free due to that bias and people's feelings over facts.

    Coincidences happen all the time, otherwise that word would be archaic by now.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,477
    Quote Originally Posted by sillybilly View Post
    But cherry-picking to believe one claim made by SL (re her demeanour), while at the same time discarding his other claims (DM selling LB cocaine for months), IMO doesn't make sense. You either find the guy credible or not.
    I don't think that's necessarily true. Sprinklings of the truth can be included to make the story seem more credible. Likewise, untruths can be included to avoid revealing something that one prefers the public not to know.

    JMO
    The truth does not cease to exist because it is ignored. ~ Aldous Huxley

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,349
    Quote Originally Posted by sillybilly View Post
    But cherry-picking to believe one claim made by SL (re her demeanour), while at the same time discarding his other claims (DM selling LB cocaine for months), IMO doesn't make sense. You either find the guy credible or not.
    Just because he said it does not mean I believe it...just because I said he said it also does not mean I believe it. I said it to portray to those who place more credence in SL than other possibilities that the matter of her being under some kind of pressure...seems to exist.... we can choose who and what we believe...

    I prefer to go by what I see not by what another says or what another tells me to see.... thats just me....MOO JMO IMO

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,349
    Quote Originally Posted by expat cdn View Post
    I agree that there really is no evidence to support facts that DM killed LB. I have a feeling that DM did in fact kill LB. In the last year in DM's life he has been linked to 2 deaths and one missing person. How many coincidences can there be?
    I have a feeling that the world is slowly going mad and that half of the stuff we read about is pure horse crap ....but that doesn't mean I am right. I cannot see how 'linking' is equal to 'co-incidence' . Linking is something that is done deliberately whilst a co-incidence is something that occurs spontaneously and becomes connected at random. JMO

    I do not believe that the truck being at MB's and the body at the farm is 'co-incidence' I believe it is deliberate, a deliberate linking of planted evidence.... that is my opinion... MOO

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Juballee View Post
    To me part of the mystery is that if she had a good friend like SL who cared for her and was willing to provide her with the things she needed, why did she still have to call around to everyone else, weren't her needs now met? Did she perhaps not want to be obligated to him? I am one of the people who are of the opinion that she may have only taken his help out of desperation, but was still perhaps trying to distance herself from their past relationship. at she had left to get away from a controlling ex.
    I agree, it is odd that if LB was calling people she knew just before she went missing, why did she not call SL ??? If someone is desperate be it emotionally, mentally or even in an addictive way.... why leave out someone who apparently cares for you ???

    Maybe this is the unwritten reasoning behind why I feel that there is more to LB's disappearance than simply 'linking' it to DM. JMO MOO

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Juballee View Post
    I have had friends go missing in the course of my lifetime. One in particular was gone for 5 years and his family was sure he was dead, but it was later found that he had been in a bad accident and was in a coma on the other side of the country. I have had other friends commit suicide, and in a couple of instances I was the last person to see or hear from them. Perhaps I should feel lucky that no one assumed that I had killed them.

    Your sentiments above, Expat, make me worry that justice will not be served in this case, but vengeance might be served against the wrong person, since, as you say, that there really is no evidence to support it, but your feelings tell you he is guilty. I fear justice will be circumvented or corrupted due to the high emotional impact in this case. The investigation is being preformed by humans with an emotional connection to the victim, I really hope that they do not have the same bias of believing things that are not supported by facts, because that could easily lead them to ignore real facts that do not match their feelings, and give extra weight to circumstantial evidence that could actually mean other things. And an innocent man could spend his life in jail, while the real killer walks free due to that bias and people's feelings over facts.

    Coincidences happen all the time, otherwise that word would be archaic by now.
    Have no fear....justice will be served in this case. I don't believe any jury would convict DM of LB's murder (if she has in fact been murdered) The facts as we know them, regarding LB missing, there is no evidence that DM is involved. And that is why, at this time, he has not been charged with her disappearance/murder. However, it would be inept if LE did not look at DM as a suspect.

    I am only saying that my gut feeling is that DM is responsible. We will have to wait and see if DM is charged with LB's murder, perhaps by his next court appearance in August.
    Last edited by expat cdn; 07-11-2013 at 01:53 PM. Reason: i want to add that i hope LB is alive.

Page 1 of 83 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 250
    Last Post: 10-23-2017, 10:17 AM
  2. Replies: 947
    Last Post: 10-03-2015, 08:53 PM
  3. Replies: 96
    Last Post: 06-04-2015, 01:05 PM
  4. Replies: 1404
    Last Post: 03-03-2015, 03:02 PM

Tags for this Thread