Resolved UK - Fairford, Gloucesterhire, human skull in River Coln *ANCIENT*

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Police investigation after human skull found in River Coln by Farmor's School boys. (wiltsglosstandard.co.uk)
A pair of best friends in Fairford had a gruesome find at the weekend after discovering a human skull that sparked a police investigation.

Farmor's School pupils, Christian Thompson and Robbie Cribley were making the most of the weekend sun by paddling their dingy down the River Coln when they made the shock discovery.

They had become stuck on some trees and got out of the boat to try and dislodge it.

"Robbie said he could see a skull and I was so shocked when I saw it too," Christian said.

It was in shallow water close to the bank of the River Coln between Cinder Lane and Cutler's field, just a five minute walk from Christian's house.
---
"It’s believed that the remains could have been there for many many years," a spokesman said. "A forensic anthropologist has been contacted who will examine the remains and help identify when the individual passed away."
---
more at the link, with picture and map

Have been looking through the UK missing sites and so far no ones really looked like a possibility. Would like to hear how old they think the bones are.

So looking at older MP's-

Elizabeth Swann went missing in 1974 on her way to Gloucester which is about 40 min away from Fairford but it is unknown where on her journey she went missing.
https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/elizabethswann

But that it all I can really find within an hour of the area. I think these are much, much older bones.

Unusual for an African woman to be in Britain during that period. Are any museums missing a skeleton?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petoskey
Back