730 users online (80 members and 650 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Still thinking of the LeBaron angle. I wonder if they've compared their DNA with LEK's. I mean, maybe I'm wrong, but wouldn't they have it since some were incarcerated and from crime scenes, etc .?

good reading on LeBaron stuff

I ran across this blog. I am not sure how this person is connected, will look into it. She is part of the family if you read the blog.
    http://gabrielalebaron.wordpress.com/

LDS Theories -- Relations to LeBarons/Chenoweths

Running with LDS, Jackson Hole LDS settlement:

Mormon Row Historic District - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was designated US National Historic Site 1997.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-03-2015 at 12:16 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Relations to LeBarons/Chenoweths

A place to discuss possible connections to the LeBaron/Chenoweth families.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

The mods have begun to move some the discussion about possible connections to the LDS and the LeBaron/Chenoweth families to this thread. If anybody wants to get posts from the old general discussion moved over here, just hit the alert button on the individual post and ask to have it moved to the LDS Theories thread.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    I still think for people that "religious" there's a big difference between the crimes you mentioned and the lack of modesty inherent to stripping. There's nothing sexual about bank robbery. Did the LeBarons run a brothel or anything remotely sexual as a form of criminal employment? And more importantly do they carry the defective heart gene that FLEK had? Because that would make this pretty open and closed. There's been tons of documentation on the hereditary birth defects these clans have caused with inbreeding and I'm sure someone with their toes already in those waters could find out pretty easily if FLEK's mutant heart gene is one carried by the LeBarons or not. As someone has already mentioned upthread, this clinging to a LeBaron connection despite the lack of any indication of one whatsoever seems to be working the case backwards to me, trying to rearrange the facts to fit a pre-imagined story rather than following the facts to the truth. If it turns out that clan does carry her mutant heart gene, well, what a heck of an intuition. But as of now there's no more evidence that she was an FLDS of any faction than there is that she was an alien abductee.
    I don't disagree with your point, but I did want to mention that stripping and other sex work is frequently populated with women who were molested in their childhoods--it's not necessarily a "lack of modesty" but a reaction to something in their childhoods. JMO

I haven't done a side by side, but the nose, eyes and eyebrows on this lebaron girl bear some resemblance to our young LEK, I think.

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Utah....26259334.html

THE LEBARON CULT DISAPPEARANCES - Cold Case Investigations

April 1977/ Ervil LeBaron's daughter, Rebecca LeBaron Chynoweth is allegedly strangled to death by her father's orders. She vanished around Dallas, Texas. She was three months pregnant at the time of her death. She was supposedly buried in some remote location and her body has never been recovered.

A google search comes up with a Rebecca Sue Lebaron on Ancestry. com. She would be about the right age. I don't have an ancestry.com membership though. Don't think this is the same one. Just ironic the same first and middle name as BST.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-03-2015 at 12:16 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Rebecca LeBaron

Quote Originally Posted by Owutatangledweb View Post
    THE LEBARON CULT DISAPPEARANCES - Cold Case Investigations

April 1977/ Ervil LeBaron's daughter, Rebecca LeBaron Chynoweth is allegedly strangled to death by her father's orders. She vanished around Dallas, Texas. She was three months pregnant at the time of her death. She was supposedly buried in some remote location and her body has never been recovered.

A google search comes up with a Rebecca Sue Lebaron on Ancestry. com. She would be about the right age. I don't have an ancestry.com membership though. Don't think this is the same one. Just ironic the same first and middle name as BST.
    First post, came here originally from the Seattle Times article, but I've been following along with these threads and the LeBaron angle really interested me - I was trying to track down all of Ervil's children to see if they could be accounted for. Anyway, I sort of got side tracked on that project (he had many children, many passed away), but I did get two books by the widow of Verlon LeBaron, Irene Spencer [Shattered Dreams, My Life as a Polygamist's Wife and Cult Insanity] from the library to look through the photographs. I can't remember which of the two books it was, but there was a photo of Rebecca LeBaron and she does not resemble Jane Doe . I can scan it when I get home and will try to post here.

A thought I had was that if Jane Doe is some how connected to the LeBarons, she may not be Ervil's daughter, but a niece.

Quote Originally Posted by Owutatangledweb;9679276April 1977/ Ervil LeBaron's daughter,[B
    Rebecca LeBaron Chynoweth[/B] is allegedly strangled to death by her father's orders. She vanished around Dallas, Texas. She was three months pregnant at the time of her death. She was supposedly buried in some remote location and her body has never been recovered.
    This article suggests that her two young killers dumped her body in an Oklahoma state park.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/n...n_cult/11.html

Thank you lolligag and fin!

Has anyone thought about Rebecca 'Becky' Lebaron Chynoweth?
    She was pregnant and a teenager at her supposed time of death in 1977 but no body was ever found. It was her name that caught my attention.
    http://books.google.com/books?id=WWg...ed=0CHEQ6AEwCQ

RIP Edward.
    1993-2009

@ashyboy

That's what I was pointing out in post 70 above. I would think its very possible that those two boys didn't want to kill her.

See also, this very interesting article. I find it interesting because LEK chose the Kennedy surname. Maybe it was a passive/aggressive flip of the finger to someone.

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/White...A-JFK%2062.pdf

Funny that those two names intersect a generation earlier as well:

http://books.google.com/books?id=af3...ebaron&f=false

I'm beginning to think that lebaron is as common a name as Kennedy is. This one has the same first name as LEK's daughter, I believe.

http://www.hks.harvard.edu/about/fac.../emily-lebaron

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast