718 users online (86 members and 632 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    I'd like to see the entire file for the name change.

She had to convince a judge to grant that name change. The reasons could very well be the reason she became Becky Sue Turner.

And, Boise, we'll always have Boise. Apparently she walked into the license bureau and was able to reliably receive mail on El Caballo. Before Boise, it's all speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Island_Chica View Post
    And now this has me thinking - would the Idaho Transportation Dept have anything on file - like a copy of the document she brought to prove her address? Chances are it has been destroyed, but you never know. Idaho is not as heavily populated as some states, so perhaps they don't have as many records to store, which means they retain them longer?
    During the chat yesterday, it was stated that the Idaho ID is valid but was purged so no application, no supporting documents.

Ahhh, walk-up service. Yep, fits nicely into the tangled web!

I think she was a student -- smaller college, perhaps Christian? Perhaps Lori/Becky/Jane arrived on a basketball/volleyball scholarship?

Hi!

My first post...this case has led me to Web Sleuths. I think
    Lori Ruff aka Lori Kennedy aka Becky Sue Turner could be the missing girl: Sheri Lynn Johnson.

Her mother was Freda Denman who was likely killed by her husband. There was blood at the scene and her two children, Sheri Lynn (age 4) and baby brother were missing. The kids clothes and the husbands clothes were missing but Freda's was still there.

This all happened in Independence, Missouri (Jackson county). Note the name "Jackson" on the scribbled paper that belonged to Lori Ruff.

Becky Sue Turner looks a lot like the mother of Sheri Lynn: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1023dfmo.html

Compare the pics of Freda to the pics of the Becky Sue Turner license from Idaho.
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1024dfmo.html

When you look at the young pictures of Sheri Lynn Johnson...the ears are the same as Lori Ruff. In addition, little Sheri Lynn Johnson was very tall for her age at the age of four.

Worth doing a DNA comparison, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by CindyTx View Post
    Hi!

Lori Ruff aka Lori Kennedy aka Becky Sue Turner could be the missing girl: Sheri Lynn Johnson.

Her mother was Freda Denman who was likely killed by her husband. There was blood at the scene and her two children, Sheri Lynn (age 4) and baby brother were missing. The kids clothes and the husbands clothes were missing but Freda's was still there.

This all happened in Independence, Missouri (Jackson county). Note the name "Jackson" on the scribbled paper that belonged to Lori Ruff.

Becky Sue Turner looks a lot like the mother of Sheri Lynn: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1023dfmo.html

Compare the pics of Freda to the pics of the Becky Sue Turner license from Idaho.

When you look at the young pictures of Sheri Lynn Johnson...the ears are the same as Lori Ruff. In addition, little Sheri Lynn Johnson was very tall for her age at the age of four.

Great first post Sheri Lynn Johnson has been suggested as a match to Lori... and I even RE-suggested her just a few pages back, lol! I share your opinion... the resemblance is quite remarkable!

In Pennsylvania, but wishing she was some place else.
    Hi!

Is there anyway of doing a side by side picture comparison between these woman?

Quote Originally Posted by ClaireNC View Post
    I lived in NJ in the 1980's and was able to get my driver's license and even a passport without any "proof" of address. Laws in Idaho were more lax than NJ. Why are you stuck on this point? There was no proof of address needed at that time.
    Not sure why I am stuck on it, but I want to know if she had to get mail there or not. If she did, then maybe she rented a room there or at the least knew someone who lived there... could find out if the Barker's rented out the house or lived there themselves in 1988 and before..
    But in my gut, I think she popped over the state line to ID (from a neighboring state) just long enough to get her ID and be on her merry way to AZ and/or TX... or back to the neighboring state...
    On another thought, she would of had to of had a car I would think to do all this running from state to state to get these name changes and ID's... wonder what car Lori Kennedy/Becky Sue had when she arrived in TX and if it was in her real name and she transferred the title to Lori Kennedy? Not sure how far back DMV records and microfiche go back in TX.. ..I might call and ask.

Interesting post Magnum P.E.; San Angelo Doe...I found his info; very interesting and he does resemble Henry Harbison. Also was interesting how many fake IDs he had...one being Peter TURNER (fake father to fake ID Becky Sue Turner??)

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/966umtx.html

More media are picking up the story.

UK's Daily Mail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml
    Who is she? Seattle investigator looks to identify woman three years after her suicide when her husband discovered evidence of a double life in a lock box...hidden in the closet

Before changing her name to Lori Kennedy in 1988, 'Jane Doe' took the identity of Becky Sue Turner, a two-year-old who died in a 1971 fire
    Doe then married Blake Ruff in Texas and had a baby girl before committing suicide after separating from her husband
    Ruff found documents in a secret lock box proving his wife's double life
    Joseph Velling, of the Social Security Administration, is trying to find Jane Doe's real identity
    Fox News: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/26...#ixzz2XO3tUz2T
    (Velling thinks) "she was born sometime between 1960 and 1968.”

Records gathered by Velling provide tantalizing clues. The woman received breast implants in 1991 and claimed to have suffered from bulimia in 1990. Her student loan applications listed three references, one of whom was a former classmate she had briefly dated. According to the man, whom Velling did not name, Jane Doe had “more problems than he could deal with.”

“His recollection was that she was a dancer at a Dallas-area nightclub at the time [she was attending school],” Velling said.
    Less than mainstream blogs: http://www.opposingviews.com/i/socie...-after-suicide

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/m...ith-a-mystery/
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Interesting post Magnum P.E.; San Angelo Doe...I found his info; very interesting and he does resemble Henry Harbison. Also was interesting how many fake IDs he had...one being Peter TURNER (fake father to fake ID Becky Sue Turner??)

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/966umtx.html
    Yep I noticed the Turner name also. I doubt there is a connection. LEK used the Becky Sue Turner ID as a cutout, the San Angelo no prints Doe apparently intended to use all his IDs as needed. He was up to something that required those ID's - check cashing scam or something of that nature. No one wants to be caught with several IDs on them, things can unravel in a hurry!

You can see all kinds of patterns and connections that don't necessarily exist if you try. There is or was a Harold Frysinger (one of the San Angelo Doe's fake IDs) in Pennsylvania, and one of LEK's phone numbers matches a library in Pennsylvania, that kind of thing.

Some "investigators" make up complete stories and scenarios with not one iota of evidence, just entirely going on intuition. I call it going Mustard (from the game of Clue, AKA Cluedo), as in "Colonel Mustard did it in the kitchen with a candlestick". It is pointless, and they have investigated nothing more than their own imagination.

I believe that SSA is working unusually hard on this one. LE generally hates to use familial/ancestry dna for whatever reason, though that seems to be slowly changing as they are dragged into the 21st century by a ring through their collective nose. We can infer that they have gone pretty far with that in this case, since they know she had the gene for coronary artery disease.

Shari Lynn Johnson has or had relatives who were looking for her and if they have seen this story we may know soon if there is a match. Though much does fit I am not convinced that she is LEK, she was born in 1970 which would probably make her pretty young. However IMHO she is the best shot at this time, that and someone recognizing her from the 1988 picture, the oldest one we have.

Sorry I was so long winded.
    Please "ketchup" on the older posts, and remember, no Mustard

Quote Originally Posted by grateful1 View Post
    Snipped:

Very high res version of the birth certificate including the receipt http://cloud.seattletimes.com/image/...98e66ccbda.jpg Interesting that it says she paid for w/check. Too bad it is probably too long ago to research.....seems the check would have had her real name on it right?
    So they would release the birth certificates to anyone? I was assuming she was claiming to be Becky Sue when she made the request. Course how would they verify it if she wasn't there, so, idk, its mind boggling that just anyone could get a copy of someone else's birth certificate.
    Last edited by neesaki; 06-27-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Just had a thought on the check used to purchase a copy of BST's birth certificate. She probably used a money order purchased at the post office. No id required to get a money order.

Also I wonder if she lost her driver's license for some reason before she started the process to change her name. She obtained an Idaho ID card in June 1988 as Becky Sue. Then got a Texas ID card on July 13, 1988 as Lori Kennedy. She didn't get a Texas Driver's license until April 1989. Why the wait? Were her driving privileges revoked? How was she getting around if she didn't have a driver's license?

I think somebody mentioned this before, but the investigators should check motor vehicle records for vehicles registered in her name. Though the records might not go back that far. (It might be only 20 years.)
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Interesting new details, the bulimia, etc. Also, she apparently wasn't even sticking to the age claimed by her fake birth certificate. If she was 35 in 2005 she would have been born in 1970.

I wonder why out of the three dead children, she would have chosen Becky Sue? Why not the older girl, Anne Marie, who was born in 1968, who was closer to her real age.

Quote Originally Posted by neesaki View Post
    I wonder why out of the three dead children, she would have chosen Becky Sue? Why not the older girl, Anne Marie, who was born in 1968, who was closer to her real age.
    Becky was the only one born in another state. She either knew this would be beneficial for her or got lucky on her choice...IMO.

I'm curious why Mr. Velling thinks she is older than she claims.. Looks? Conception issues? Doubts an 18 year old could pull this off? Or is there more we do not know yet?

ETA: Cindy.. Same thought and thanks for contacting Mr V about the DNA
    Last edited by MrsTigglesworth; 06-27-2013 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Adding

Quote Originally Posted by neesaki View Post
    Interesting new details, the bulimia, etc. Also, she apparently wasn't even sticking to the age claimed by her fake birth certificate. If she was 35 in 2005 she would have been born in 1970.

Sheer speculation, but I can think of a few good reasons for it. An 18 year old applying for a SSN would arouse less suspicion than a 20 year old. And of the three, Becky was the one born in a different state from the one in which she died, reducing the slim chance of Washington connecting the birth and death records to none. It probably did not matter, since Becky Sue "existed" for only a month or so to get the Idaho ID and Texas name change, and I doubt that anyone ever knew her by that name except a clerk in Idaho and the judge.

She was both good and lucky.

I wonder how many graveyards she went through to find what she needed?

Sounds like Henry Harbison and the Johnson child's dna are in the system already. I wish this agent was in charge of a case I am working. Getting them to do a simple cheek swab has been like kicking a brontosaurus in the butt to get it to move.

Quote Originally Posted by grateful1 View Post
    Snipped:

Very high res version of the birth certificate including the receipt http://cloud.seattletimes.com/image/...98e66ccbda.jpg

Interesting that it says she paid for w/check. Too bad it is probably too long ago to research.....seems the check would have had her real name on it right?
    ----------------------[end quote]
    This is a great image- where did you find it? It doesn't seem to be one of the 24 numbered images currently linked to the Seattle Times story.

To me, this represents the beginning of the trail, the first time Jane Doe leaves a trace. The copy of the birth certificate is dated May 20 1988, while the receipt is dated 5/23/88. I assume this means that the birth certificate was mailed, though I guess it could have been ordered, then picked up three days later in person. Do we have real evidence either way?

If Jane Doe did pick the Birth Certificate up in person, and later on June 16, 1988 had the Idaho ID card in Becky Sue Turner's name made while she waited, it would eliminate the need for her to have access to the mail at El Caballo St. in Boise, wouldn't it?

I would like to know the meaning of the abbreviations on the receipt.

BCOP= Birth certificate copy? Birth certificate original paper?
    B. TRST= if a postal charge, what does it stand for?
    Last edited by Bookman; 06-27-2013 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Clarifying quotes vs. my words

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast