1018 users online (218 members and 800 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 431
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    S. Indiana
    Posts
    1,081
    BST was an easy target in MHO because of a number of reasons.
    *The misspelling on the Death Certificate Becky vs Beckie (she wouldn't match up as being dead)
    *The lack of a ssn
    *The fact that the real family seemed to have moved around a lot.
    Whomever LEK was; she did her homework and knew what she was doing, or had help.
    I'd say she knew what she was doing. JMHO
    All I can do is try.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,836
    Quote Originally Posted by jenstar View Post
    BST was an easy target in MHO because of a number of reasons.
    *The misspelling on the Death Certificate Becky vs Beckie (she wouldn't match up as being dead)
    *The lack of a ssn
    *The fact that the real family seemed to have moved around a lot.
    Whomever LEK was; she did her homework and knew what she was doing, or had help.
    I'd say she knew what she was doing. JMHO
    She might likely have spent lots of time finding just the right identity to take. Just shows she knew exactly what to do.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by jenstar View Post
    I know it wasn't easy back in those days, she was basically chasing paper trails. It must have lead to a million dead ends. I wonder how long it took her to plan her escape/disappearance.
    I wonder if she was some sort of clerk at some point in time to have all these organizational skills. (Just trying to profile her unique personality in my head)
    I still am leaning towards she had help, and bought Becky Sue's identity and info from a broker or someone with more experience.. she was awful young to be that good before the internet, even with a book, it is one thing to read about what to look for in a deceased juvenille and to actually find the deceased juvenille born in one state and died in another in the days before the internet, would be a lot harder. This would be only information from local newspapers and maybe the library archives at your local library... Becky Sue had died 17 years earlier... not that easy to put your hands on the newspaper article I wouldn't think - or to see tombstones and look for articles (many children in the grave yard may have died accidental death or illness - no news story- a lot of wasted research looking for news stories that arent there for cause of death or non existant obituaries)...She either knew the family and about the fire because she lived near them and knew the family on a personal level - or bought the info -JMO

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In the woods
    Posts
    5,310
    I am working on a timeline and list of other facts. Here is the timeline so far, please let me know if anything should be added.

    Main sources: http://seattletimes.com/html/localpa...nejanedoe.html and
    http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...anedoexml.html

    • July 18, 1969 - Becky Sue Turner born in Bakersfield, Calif. (Becky Turner birth certificate)
    • December 30, 1971 – Becky Sue dies in Fife, Washington house fire at age 2 (Becky Sue Turner death certificate, Becky's first name was misspelled)
    • Late 1980’s – Had a PO Box in Boulder City, Nevada
    • May 20, 1988 - Jane Doe gets a copy of Becky Sue’s birth certificate from Kern County, Calif.
    • June 16, 1988 - Jane Doe obtains an Idaho ID card with her picture and Becky Sue’s name. She now has government ID “proving” she’s Becky Sue. (Idaho ID using Becky Sue Turner's name)
    • July 5, 1988 - She gets her name legally changed in a Dallas court from Becky Sue to Lori Erica Kennedy.
    • (Document showing name legally changed to Lori Erica Kennedy)
    • July 12, 1988 - Applies for and receives a Social Security number as Lori Kennedy (Lori Kennedy's Soc. Sec. number application)
    • July 13, 1988 - Obtains a Texas ID card
    • April 18, 1989 - Obtains Texas driver’s license, stating she is 19 years old
    • March 19, 1990 - Applies for a U.S. passport (Lori Kennedy's passport and passport application)
    • April 1990 – Took GED tests in Dallas, Texas
    • Fall 1990 - Enrolls at Dallas County Community College after obtaining GED (GED test results)
    • 1990 - Claimed to have suffered from bulimia (per Fox News)
    • 1991 - Received breast implants in 1991. Per Fox News: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/26...#ixzz2XRBrpq2t
    • 1990’s – Took out student loans to finance education
    • February 21, 1997 - Files for Chapter 13 bankruptcy
    • December 13, 1997 - Graduates from the University of Texas at Arlington with a degree in business administration
    • January 5, 2004 - Marries Jon Blakely “Blake” Ruff in Denton County, Texas. Her name is now Lori Ruff.
    • 2004? - Obtains Texas driver’s license using married name Lori Erica Ruff. (Texas drivers license)
    • 2005 – “Told doctors in 2005 that she was 35 – a claim Velling doubts.”
    • Fox News http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/26...#ixzz2XRBSHfZm
    • September 15, 2008 - Blake and Lori have a daughter
    • May 2010 – Attended Texas Business Women Region 7 Conference Spring Awards banquet. http://www.ntxe-news.com/cgi-bin/art...2028&printer=1
    • May 2010 – Attended meeting of Texas Business Woman of Bonham and Fannin Counties http://www.ntxe-news.com/cgi-bin/art...e=38&num=62394
    • June 2010 – Attended meeting of Texas Business Woman of Bonham and Fannin Counties http://www.ntxe-news.com/cgi-bin/art...e=39&num=62769
    • August 2010 – Attended meeting of Texas Business Woman of Bonham and Fannin Counties http://www.ntxe-news.com/cgi-bin/art...3743&printer=1
    • December 24, 2010 - Lori commits suicide in Longview, Texas
    • January 2011 - Ruff family finds strongbox showing Lori was not who she claimed (Notes found in lockbox)
    • September 2011 - Social Security Administration opens investigation to identify Jane Doe (Identity-theft suspect flyer)
    • February 09, 2012 - Information entered into NamUS https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9863
    • March 11, 2012 – Websleuths thread started.
    • June 22, 2013 – Seattle Times article http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...anedoexml.html
    • June 26, 2013 – Fox News article http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/26...#ixzz2XO3tUz2T
    • June 27, 2013 – Daily Mail (UK) article http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-suicide.html
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,026
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaireNC View Post
    I am working on a timeline and list of other facts. Here is the timeline so far, please let me know if anything should be added.

    Main sources: http://seattletimes.com/html/localpa...nejanedoe.html and
    http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...anedoexml.html

    • July 18, 1969 - Becky Sue Turner born in Bakersfield, Calif. (Becky Turner birth certificate)
    • December 30, 1971 – Becky Sue dies in Fife, Washington house fire at age 2 (Becky Sue Turner death certificate, Becky's first name was misspelled)
    • Late 1980’s – Had a PO Box in Boulder City, Nevada
    • May 20, 1988 - Jane Doe gets a copy of Becky Sue’s birth certificate from Kern County, Calif.
    • June 16, 1988 - Jane Doe obtains an Idaho ID card with her picture and Becky Sue’s name. She now has government ID “proving” she’s Becky Sue. (Idaho ID using Becky Sue Turner's name)
    • July 5, 1988 - She gets her name legally changed in a Dallas court from Becky Sue to Lori Erica Kennedy.
    • (Document showing name legally changed to Lori Erica Kennedy)
    • July 12, 1988 - Applies for and receives a Social Security number as Lori Kennedy (Lori Kennedy's Soc. Sec. number application)
    • July 13, 1988 - Obtains a Texas ID card
    • April 18, 1989 - Obtains Texas driver’s license, stating she is 19 years old
    • March 19, 1990 - Applies for a U.S. passport (Lori Kennedy's passport and passport application)
    • April 1990 – Took GED tests in Dallas, Texas
    • Fall 1990 - Enrolls at Dallas County Community College after obtaining GED (GED test results)
    • 1990 - Claimed to have suffered from bulimia (per Fox News)
    • 1991 - Received breast implants in 1991. Per Fox News: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/26...#ixzz2XRBrpq2t
    • 1990’s – Took out student loans to finance education
    • February 21, 1997 - Files for Chapter 13 bankruptcy
    • December 13, 1997 - Graduates from the University of Texas at Arlington with a degree in business administration
    • January 5, 2004 - Marries Jon Blakely “Blake” Ruff in Denton County, Texas. Her name is now Lori Ruff.
    • 2004? - Obtains Texas driver’s license using married name Lori Erica Ruff. (Texas drivers license)
    • 2005 – “Told doctors in 2005 that she was 35 – a claim Velling doubts.”
    • Fox News http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/26...#ixzz2XRBSHfZm
    • September 15, 2008 - Blake and Lori have a daughter
    • May 2010 – Attended Texas Business Women Region 7 Conference Spring Awards banquet. http://www.ntxe-news.com/cgi-bin/art...2028&printer=1
    • May 2010 – Attended meeting of Texas Business Woman of Bonham and Fannin Counties http://www.ntxe-news.com/cgi-bin/art...e=38&num=62394
    • June 2010 – Attended meeting of Texas Business Woman of Bonham and Fannin Counties http://www.ntxe-news.com/cgi-bin/art...e=39&num=62769
    • August 2010 – Attended meeting of Texas Business Woman of Bonham and Fannin Counties http://www.ntxe-news.com/cgi-bin/art...3743&printer=1
    • December 24, 2010 - Lori commits suicide in Longview, Texas
    • January 2011 - Ruff family finds strongbox showing Lori was not who she claimed (Notes found in lockbox)
    • September 2011 - Social Security Administration opens investigation to identify Jane Doe (Identity-theft suspect flyer)
    • February 09, 2012 - Information entered into NamUS https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9863
    • March 11, 2012 – Websleuths thread started.
    • June 22, 2013 – Seattle Times article http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...anedoexml.html
    • June 26, 2013 – Fox News article http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/26...#ixzz2XO3tUz2T
    • June 27, 2013 – Daily Mail (UK) article http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-suicide.html

    Great timeline!

    I've wondered about adding "obtained mail box in Boulder City, NV" but I guess we really don't have a certain date for that

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    184
    I used to know someone who was a specialist in finding falsified records in databases for things like medical or insurance claims. He told me that most people who falsify their identities keep some elements of their real identities. For example, they might keep their real month of birth but change the day and year. They might keep their middle name or choose a name with the same initials.

    I don't think that would necessarily apply to the selection of Becky Sue Turner's identity because that was probably more driven by the circumstances of her birth and death. But it's possible that when she change her named to LEK she something from her original name.

    Just a thought.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In the woods
    Posts
    5,310
    I have also begun expanding on the Seattle Time's list of random facts about her.

    Here is what I have so far:

    Miscellaneous Information about Jane Doe:
    • She claimed she was 18 in 1988. She probably was older than that — in her mid-twenties, perhaps (Seattle Times)
    • Told doctors in 2005 that she was 35 – investigators this she was “much older than that … born sometime between 1960 and 1968.” (Fox News)
    • She was tall, about 5'10"
    • She did not speak with any discernible accent.
    • She was in Boise at some point in 1988
    • She had a PO box in Boulder City, Nevada in the late 1980s
    • She had very long hands, and said she had been a hand model
    • She may have had a nose job at some point
    • She had breast implants
    • She was very religious
    • She was a vegetarian
    • She may have had ADHD, OCD, or Tourette's Syndrome
    • She said she loved Cuban food
    • Claimed to have suffered from bulimia
    • Was a dancer at a Dallas-area nightclub when she was attending college (Fox News)
    • Had a miscarriage when trying to conceive a baby with husband
    • Had student loans, filed for bankruptcy (1990’s)
    • Investigators believe she came from the Pacific Northwest or West Coast.
    • Had one of the genes associated with coronary artery disease, per DNA tests
    • Was an unusually private person
    • Was aggressive about telling people it was “none of your business” when asked about her past.
    • Claimed she was the only child of a failed stockbroker and his wife, who both died.
    • Boyfriend from 1990’s said she had “more problems than he could deal with.”

    Sources: Main sources: Seattle Times http://seattletimes.com/html/localpa...nejanedoe.html and
    http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...anedoexml.html Fox News: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/26...#ixzz2XRBrpq2t

    Here are locations and addresses tied to the case:

    (Becky Sue was born in Bakersfield, California in 1969, Died in house fire in Fife, Washington in 1971, was living in Tacoma, Washington at time of death, buried in Puyallup, Washington.)

    Late 1980’s, Had a PO Box in Boulder City, Nevada

    June 1988, Idaho ID card, address listed as 7101 El Caballa, Boise, Idaho 83704, the correct spelling for the address is El Caballo Dr.

    July 1988, Application for Lori Kennedy Social Security number. 6102 Mockingbird #191, Dallas, Texas 75214

    March 1990, Passport application - 6266 Melody Lane Apt 3079, Dallas, Texas 75231 (Same address used on GED test)

    Before 2003, Texas Driver’s License expiration date 7/18/07, 6 Harwood Rd, 387, Bedford, TX 76021

    2003? Resume - 1978 Oak Creek Lane #16, Bedford, Texas 76022, Home: 817-685-8401, Cell: 817-715-8578, email csengineer2002@yahoo.com

    According to her resume she worked in Arlington (2002/2003), Irving (2000-2002), Dallas (1999-2000), Colleyville (1998), Grand Prairie (1998), and Fort Worth (1992-1998), Texas

    Misc names addresses and telephone numbers on notes page trace to California: Hollywood/LA area.
    Last edited by ClaireNC; 06-27-2013 at 04:29 PM.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by kdsmith21 View Post
    Not sure why I am stuck on it, but I want to know if she had to get mail there or not. If she did, then maybe she rented a room there or at the least knew someone who lived there... could find out if the Barker's rented out the house or lived there themselves in 1988 and before..
    But in my gut, I think she popped over the state line to ID (from a neighboring state) just long enough to get her ID and be on her merry way to AZ and/or TX... or back to the neighboring state...
    On another thought, she would of had to of had a car I would think to do all this running from state to state to get these name changes and ID's... wonder what car Lori Kennedy/Becky Sue had when she arrived in TX and if it was in her real name and she transferred the title to Lori Kennedy? Not sure how far back DMV records and microfiche go back in TX.. ..I might call and ask.
    Well, I inquired on TEXAS DMV for 1987/1988 records in both false names and their records don't go back that far, only 10 years and are purged. I was asking if there was a vehicle in either name and birthdate if they could tell whose name and what state the title was transferred from to Lori or Becky Sue... oh well...

  9. #54
    Becky Sue Turner was born to a Ms. Weber

    http://www.californiabirthindex.org/..._1969_10776423

    It may or may not be another angle to search as to who Ms. W was?
    Anna Christian Waters Web Page
    www.searchingforanna.com

    Anna Christian Water's WS Forum
    www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104

    Search FB: Anna Christian Waters
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/annachristianwaters/

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In the woods
    Posts
    5,310
    I know somebody here did some research into Becky Sue's family. There were some interesting coincidences noticed in the trail. Don't do to much work on it without going back and reading the thread over the last week or so.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.


  11. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Piney Woods
    Posts
    2,531
    Quote Originally Posted by jenstar View Post
    BST was an easy target in MHO because of a number of reasons.
    *The misspelling on the Death Certificate Becky vs Beckie (she wouldn't match up as being dead)
    *The lack of a ssn
    *The fact that the real family seemed to have moved around a lot.
    Whomever LEK was; she did her homework and knew what she was doing, or had help.
    I'd say she knew what she was doing. JMHO
    IMO I think she knew what she was doing. What puzzles me is the fake letter of reference for "Lori Kennedy." Since it is on Oriental hotel letterhead, I would think that the letter of reference was witten by a supervisor at that hotel and that LK was employed by that hotel. Reading the letter it does not appear that is the case. There is no date, no title for "Roger Steinbeck" and no real dates of employment only "from highschool to July 1988. No job title for the work she did.

    Maybe she was in Thailand. Sex worker? Hotel maid? A prior forged passport?

    That letter seemed so sloppy to me compared to her other "work". MOO

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    177
    Ok, here is a picture from the surviving child of the fire's (surviving sister of Becky Sue dob 2/15/67) high school year book on Ancestry ... 1983 San Antonio California Eagle Mountain HS. Look at the smile, the hands.. this girl was a Freshman in 83 - same school as Becky Sue Turner's sister... the SMILE, the HAIR, the HANDS, the EYES!! I am going to do more research on this girl and see if she dropped off the face of the earth in 1988

    and look for her class pic, frontal pic... I hope the link works... she could be her twin - BIG TOOTHY GRIN... I put a link above , I don't think the picture was showing up, not sure what I did wrong..
    Last edited by kdsmith21; 06-27-2013 at 10:41 PM. Reason: removed link... pm me, but this girl seems very much alive in93

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In the woods
    Posts
    5,310
    That is assuming that FLEK/Jane Doe was born in 1969, like the birth date of Becky Sue? The investigators think, and I agree, that FLEK/Jane Doe was older than she claimed. Most likely born between 1960 and 1968.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaireNC View Post
    That is assuming that FLEK/Jane Doe was born in 1969, like the birth date of Becky Sue? The investigators think, and I agree, that FLEK/Jane Doe was older than she claimed. Most likely born between 1960 and 1968.
    The sister that survived was born in 67... 2 years older than Becky Sue. I found her yearbook and was looking at her classmates, and school mates..see if anyone resembled LEK in case she did know the Turner girl that lived and went to same school.. shared some classes or sports or something

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    493
    Quote Originally Posted by kdsmith21 View Post
    The sister that survived was born in 67... 2 years older than Becky Sue. I found her yearbook and was looking at her classmates, and school mates..see if anyone resembled LEK in case she did know the Turner girl that lived and went to same school.. shared some classes or sports or something
    I've been following this case since reading about it Sunday in the Seattle Times. Been researching and took part in the online chat on Tuesday. Mr. Velling answered a few of my questions. One question I tried to ask was if he had researched the yearbooks of the age and time frame of the school years and class of the real Becky Sue Turner if she had lived. Great to see others are doing that. Kudos!

    I have a theory about this Jane Doe...

    Her husband, his family, and neighbors saw her mentally spiral out of control, fast. She was always and constantly on the computer and worked from the computer. I think we can all agree that if you change your identity and run from your past, there is (especially with today's technology and social media) a little curiosity in researching your past online--whether be checking up on family, friends, old lovers, etc.

    I think that's what happened. I think curiosity was killing her cat and I think she discovered something online and started to panic. The article stated she became obsessive and always had a particular issue on her mind, but they never knew what it was. It made her paranoid. Whatever it was, she found online... as if her real identity and past had been made known through someone, something, an event, photos, the law, or a real family member. Whatever it was, she knew the truth was just around the corner from her, and from the way she acted, it was coming fast. I truly feel that this case will be solved from within the online world.

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Submitted Missing: BECKY AMIUS (FL)
    By Seymour Krelborn in forum Missing Kids - RSS Feed Thread
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-26-2017, 10:26 PM
  2. WI WI - Becky Marzo, 23, Milwaukee, 13 Dec 2003
    By mysteriew in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 03-30-2016, 11:06 AM

Tags for this Thread