1135 users online (183 members and 952 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 119
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum P.E. View Post
    Hi HerStory,
    My feeling is that whenever she needed to use a physical address she filled out a change of address card simultaneously. She could have had mail forwarded to a post office box that way. After a year the Post Office destroys the forwarding card and there is no record of it. I think that is why no one has any memory of her at any of her addresses. She may never even have visited them, let alone lived there.
    I agree with this Magnum. I think the most important address is that Mail box in Boulder City Nevada. And it is THIS, that we have the least information about!

  2. #62
    So, who has /had the authority to open mail boxes?
    The FBI?
    like seriously?
    Anna Christian Waters Web Page
    www.searchingforanna.com

    Anna Christian Water's WS Forum
    www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104

    Search FB: Anna Christian Waters
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/annachristianwaters/

  3. #63
    [QUOTE=ClaireNC;9656234]Starting in 1988, she moved around Texas. Here are some of the addresses.

    July 1988, Application for Lori Kennedy Social Security number. 6102 Mockingbird #191, Dallas, Texas 75214

    May or may not mean a thing, I typed in the Mockingbird address in full and added Chynoweth and this came up.

    http://www.docstoc.com/docs/102296127/sw_lmsw

    Listed is a living Chynoweth who lives not far from the the Mockingbird address. Purple is Mockingbird and Pink is where the C person lives current as of 8//31/11

    *note at top of file it does board of licenced social workers examiners
    Anna Christian Waters Web Page
    www.searchingforanna.com

    Anna Christian Water's WS Forum
    www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104

    Search FB: Anna Christian Waters
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/annachristianwaters/

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by mfgufi View Post
    Just thinking out loud here, but any evidence we have of a physical residence places her within a roughly 100 mile radius around Dallas. I'm assuming that having your name changed requires you to set foot in a court building at least once, so from late June/early July 1988 until her death, she would have been a permanent resident of that region. In fact, with the exception of Longview, she seems to have lived in the immediate Dallas/Ft. Worth metropolitan area exclusively. Given how much change her life appears to have involved in the late 80s and early 90s, that's an awfully sedentary lifestyle for someone who has no particular attachment to that area.

    Furthermore, according to various real estate websites the property she listed as a residential address in Boise, ID existed at the time she used it. Which means, Google Streetview would still give a fairly accurate picture of what the property looked like at the time. A quick glance shows it to be a small (duplex?) home, not some appartment block where you'd have any reasonable chance of living anonymously. From what's been posted here, I gather that none of the residents and neighbors from back then had any memory of her. So either there's a huge conspiracy among those homeowners to keep Jane Doe's identity secret, or more likely she never lived there, and the information can be discounted as proof of residency. Also, none of her supposed contacts in California (Mr. Perkins, Ms. Jeung) have any recollection of her either. I'm aware of the Ruffs' claim that she didn't have a Texas accent, but it also stands to reason that a person who grew up in a metropolitan area would have a much greater chance of speaking without an accent than someone born and raised in a somewhat more rural county such as Gregg. And then of course, just because you're from Texas doesn't mean your parents who taught you to speak have to be. And so forth.

    All of which leads me to one question. Am I correct in assuming there's no concrete evidence whatsoever that Jane Doe ever spent any significant amount of time outside the greater Dallas area, while there's plenty of evidence to show an attachment to that particular region? I understand the obvious objection to a Dallas origin: "why would someone who doesn't want to be found not change their place of residence". I'm not sure that objection is valid. The metropolitan area had roughly 5 million inhabitants at the time. It's perfectly possible to disappear in an urban area of that size. In some cases, merely avoiding certain districts will already do the trick. In addition, things like the somewhat amateurish resume, letter of reference, her GED scores contradict the hypothesis that we're dealing with a master strategist of above-average intelligence, who would cover all possible angles. At the very least, the information we have doesn't rule out a much simpler, more provincial personality, who'd (random example) ask a friend to walk her through the steps of becoming a blank slate, and then move to the other end of the city. It seems to me any difficulty in determining her identity is mainly due to the scarcity of evidence, not due to any unusual steps she took to conceal it.

    Please understand that I'm not trying to jump to any conclusions. What I'm trying to do is determine the most likely candidate area for her geographical origin, based strictly on available evidence, so the search for Jane Doe's original identity can be narrowed down. If there are any flaws in my reasoning or facts I might have gotten confused, please don't hesitate to point them out to me. I'm new to this.
    Some really good points here. I wanted to point out (and maybe this is the wrong thread to do it in so please feel free to move my post mods if this is the case) that I feel it's more likely she was fleeing from some crime or crimes she was a part of or witnessed rather than from an abusive relationship. My reasoning is that if she was fleeing from an absusive ex or family situation, moving and changing her name probably would have been sufficient. Contrary to the movies, most people would not have time, intelligence and connections to track down someone with a new name in a new location. However, the fact that she did not simply just change her name but actually stole the identity of a deceased child and then changed her name again from the stolen identity to a seemingly random one, leaves the impression that she took great pains to make sure nobody could ever trace back to her real identity. I don't think she is necessarily a master mind and I agree she may have had help, but whatever it was is probably some type of criminal activity. It may have been some minor fraud or it may have been a larger crime. Maybe she had been perpetrating identity thefts for years and there could be tons of aliases out there that we are not even aware of. She may even have had other identities while she was LEK for all we know. That's what makes this mystery so confounding.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,116
    I just noticed this thread when looking for another. I live in Dallas and know that intersection. ( 6102 E Mockingbird Ln #191, Dallas, TX 75214) What is this case about?

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    21,622
    Quote Originally Posted by blue22 View Post
    I just noticed this thread when looking for another. I live in Dallas and know that intersection. ( 6102 E Mockingbird Ln #191, Dallas, TX 75214) What is this case about?
    You need to read the entire thread. it's a long thread, but fascinating.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.


    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

    WebSleuths Lingo thread.

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

    We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.


    THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by HerStory View Post
    In relation to her alleged dancing days, I looked up the atmosphere from that time (1997). I found them to be starting a Baby Dolls club at 6300 N Central Expressway. This location was 1.4 miles away from the 6102 Mockingbird address. It is also in the vicinity of the vegetarian restaurant that had been suggested earlier.
    I live in Bedford and was raised in Euless (neighboring towns) and we are all, along with Irving, abutted to Airport Freeway. Arlington is just 2-3 miles away to the south. There is a second Baby Dolls location in the mid cities area. It's on Highway 157 (Industrial Blvd). It was at that time, and still is in operation. It's about a 1/2 mile outside of Euless on a little jut of Ft. Worth, on the way to Arlington. O/T, There is also a missing person case related to Baby Doll's.

    http://projectjason.org/forums/topic...u-tx-08112005/
    If you listen closely enough, people will tell you exactly who they are...

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by md70 View Post
    Some really good points here. I wanted to point out (and maybe this is the wrong thread to do it in so please feel free to move my post mods if this is the case) that I feel it's more likely she was fleeing from some crime or crimes she was a part of or witnessed rather than from an abusive relationship. My reasoning is that if she was fleeing from an absusive ex or family situation, moving and changing her name probably would have been sufficient. Contrary to the movies, most people would not have time, intelligence and connections to track down someone with a new name in a new location. However, the fact that she did not simply just change her name but actually stole the identity of a deceased child and then changed her name again from the stolen identity to a seemingly random one, leaves the impression that she took great pains to make sure nobody could ever trace back to her real identity. I don't think she is necessarily a master mind and I agree she may have had help, but whatever it was is probably some type of criminal activity. It may have been some minor fraud or it may have been a larger crime. Maybe she had been perpetrating identity thefts for years and there could be tons of aliases out there that we are not even aware of. She may even have had other identities while she was LEK for all we know. That's what makes this mystery so confounding.

    It may not even be anything that serious that made her do it. It could have just been paranoia due to a mental condition... I don't know if you've ever heard of Esther Reed, but she did virtually the same thing (but she got caught) and said it was just because she looked in the mirror and didn't like what she saw, or something along those lines.

    Esther Reed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by KateB; 04-03-2015 at 12:39 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,335
    Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
    It may not even be anything that serious that made her do it. It could have just been paranoia due to a mental condition... I don't know if you've ever heard of Esther Reed, but she did virtually the same thing (but she got caught) and said it was just because she looked in the mirror and didn't like what she saw, or something along those lines.

    Esther Reed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Esther Reed got Brooke Henson's identity after someone got Brooke Henson:

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...veler%27s+Rest

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,147
    These seem to be the only apartments close to 6102 mockingbird. Says they've been there over thirty years. I wonder if she lived here?

    http://onmockingbird.com


  11. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southeast US
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by Owutatangledweb View Post
    These seem to be the only apartments close to 6102 mockingbird. Says they've been there over thirty years. I wonder if she lived here?

    http://onmockingbird.com
    Very well could be. I lived just north of there in "The Village Apartments" group of apartments in the late 1980s. I wonder if our paths ever crossed...

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,147
    I posted this in the occupations thread and am also posting here due to addresses in the link.

    A list of Assumed names that FLEK apparently did business under. :

    https://ccrecordse.tarrantcountytx.g...chResults.aspx

    I question whether this girl ever had a w-2 job in her life at all, or whether she was always operating under the radar. There doesn't appear to be any evidence of an actual job that she was supporting herself with. Yet, if you believe the addresses she reports or the ones we have found in other ways, she lived in decent places. Just speculating, but "call girl" perhaps? Of course, I don't know if the jobs listed on her resume were ever verified by the SS investigator.

    Anyway, this lists three assumed business names and addresses. I haven t checked anything further on this. I will also post this to the address thread.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    In the Park
    Posts
    493
    Quote Originally Posted by Owutatangledweb View Post
    I posted this in the occupations thread and am also posting here due to addresses in the link.

    A list of Assumed names that FLEK apparently did business under. :

    https://ccrecordse.tarrantcountytx.g...chResults.aspx

    I question whether this girl ever had a w-2 job in her life at all, or whether she was always operating under the radar. There doesn't appear to be any evidence of an actual job that she was supporting herself with. Yet, if you believe the addresses she reports or the ones we have found in other ways, she lived in decent places. Just speculating, but "call girl" perhaps? Of course, I don't know if the jobs listed on her resume were ever verified by the SS investigator.

    Anyway, this lists three assumed business names and addresses. I haven t checked anything further on this. I will also post this to the address thread.
    Reading this information
    http://forum.volition.com/topic.asp?...eye,for,detail

    Is it possible that she actually made money from spam and online stuff similar to that? Wondering if that type of stuff could bring in a lot of money.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,147
    Very possible. I have no idea how much they pay spammers.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,335
    Esther Reed stole the identity of Brooke Henson, still missing from Traveler's Rest, South Carolina.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast