FLEK: Arizona backstory?

Hope this is the correct subtopic for my comments!

Faux Article

simple narrative and stuck to it: She was the only child of a failed stockbroker and his wife, who both died.

Her father is a stock broker, but she refers to what should be her mother as his wife.

Could this be the case of a young girl kidnapped / taken by a non custodial father? Could it be that he (her father, the 'stockbroker') have insisted that she not know anything about her mother, intentionally keeping her in the dark? Could it be that her father was very insistent that she never let anyone in, never answer family info? For her safety? For his? Could 'stockbroker' be code for drug dealer or some other organized type of crime?

She did put down 'unknown' for her mothers education on her college applications.

simple narrative and stuck to it: She was the only child of a failed stockbroker and his wife, who both died.
Interesting catch. When I read it, I thought it was odd wording from the reporter. However, when combined with the fact that she checked "unknown" for her mother's education on the application for financial aid and some of things the Ruff family said about her behavior and her interactions with her daughter could be telling us something.

Could be just simply that her mother was "absent" when she was growing up...either not there physically or not emotionally/mentally available.

Her father is a stock broker, but she refers to what should be her mother as his wife.

Could this be the case of a young girl kidnapped / taken by a non custodial father? Could it be that he (her father, the 'stockbroker') have insisted that she not know anything about her mother, intentionally keeping her in the dark? Could it be that her father was very insistent that she never let anyone in, never answer family info? For her safety? For his? Could 'stockbroker' be code for drug dealer or some other organized type of crime?

She did put down 'unknown' for her mothers education on her college applications.

RSBM

We don't really have a stockbroker thread, and this is a good place IMO for this as it is part of the story that she wove, which as others have stated may contain pieces of truth, although facts are pointing us toward her NOT being from AZ. I personally like the idea you are presenting, that she may have been raised by a father alone. It could explain why she was not perceived as a natural/comfortable mother by the family. Not in any way am I saying single dads can't raise loving, motherly daughters, I don't want to offend, I just think some things add up to this, including her exclusive/protective guard on her daughter. (Although, this could come from many sources,it fits with my personal experiences).

Another thing that points me this direction is her blatant " none of your business" response to questions about her past. I realize these statements are one sided from her family, but it seems that she was aggressive about not talking about her past. She seemingly made no effort to "go with her story" and make friendly talk with her hubby's family. She DID, however, go to extremes to research and document his family. For her daughter, I presume. Did she know all along that she would not be around? What made her, in 2003 decide to marry and want to have a child? I think we should research when she joined the church she met Jon at (if it has not already been done).

Her stating that her mother's Ed is unknown is sounding like truth to me. Why... if you are fabricating...go there and say your father had a high school education and then leave an unanswered question about your mother? The only reason she would have done this I think is if she researched the heck out of BSTs mom and found no education.

Thanks for the provocative post ...I am so sorry it led to that long response!!

Also posted on the notes thread:

The Phone number next to Tuscon is assigned to a contractor currently. 602 used to be the area code for AZ until the 90s (see link below) when they got multiple area codes. That phone number would certainly be a good lead to follow up on. 602-887-2926 (now 520 instead of 602).

I'll keep on digging on that one!

Area code 602 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, fellow WSers, I emailed the Tuscon public library and had them look up this number in their CC directory. Here was the response:

I did not find a listing for that number in the Tucson City Directory until 1984-85, and it appeared again in 1986 and 1988. Hope this helps!

They included a scan of the page that had the number. Here it is cropped to the relevant number:

2vb7pkn.jpg

This is awfully similar to the listing I found (current) with the same number.

Thoughts?

RSBM

We don't really have a stockbroker thread, and this is a good place IMO for this as it is part of the story that she wove, which as others have stated may contain pieces of truth, although facts are pointing us toward her NOT being from AZ. I personally like the idea you are presenting, that she may have been raised by a father alone. It could explain why she was not perceived as a natural/comfortable mother by the family. Not in any way am I saying single dads can't raise loving, motherly daughters, I don't want to offend, I just think some things add up to this, including her exclusive/protective guard on her daughter. (Although, this could come from many sources,it fits with my personal experiences).

Another thing that points me this direction is her blatant " none of your business" response to questions about her past. I realize these statements are one sided from her family, but it seems that she was aggressive about not talking about her past. She seemingly made no effort to "go with her story" and make friendly talk with her hubby's family. She DID, however, go to extremes to research and document his family. For her daughter, I presume. Did she know all along that she would not be around? What made her, in 2003 decide to marry and want to have a child? I think we should research when she joined the church she met Jon at (if it has not already been done).

Her stating that her mother's Ed is unknown is sounding like truth to me. Why... if you are fabricating...go there and say your father had a high school education and then leave an unanswered question about your mother? The only reason she would have done this I think is if she researched the heck out of BSTs mom and found no education.

Thanks for the provocative post ...I am so sorry it led to that long response!!

A lot of people have no intentions of getting married or have given up on love and it comes along. Love derails many plans!

If she was the kidnapped child of a non custodial parent, creating a new identity doesn't make sense to me. Seems like in the case of Carlina White, she would want to find her true indentity.

That is of course unless she did it all to protect the father. Perhaps he is still living? But if that is the case, why leave and begin a new identity?

This takes me back to the lebaron family who sold and repaired appliances. Are there any Sanchez children in that background? I found that name connected with this business in one of the google searches. Maybe the Secretary of State records should be checked?

http://the-business-network.hubwoo....hern-Arizona-York-Contracting-Inc-30302375535

The company is a Heating & Air Conditioning contractor (installing heating and cooling systems) That is not the same as selling and repairing appliances. The company started in 1949, looks like it was incorporated in 1958 and new owners (Sanchez) were registered in 1995. The corporation owners from 1984 to 1995 had the last name Bockstedt, first name initials C and D. (Per report filed with the Arizona Corporation Commission in 1996 http://starpas.azcc.gov/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=wsbroker1/main.p)

So if that number leads us anywhere, it is the name Bockstedt, not Sanchez. If anybody starts to research this, I believe it is the "C" that was born around 1945, his father died in 2005. Listed as living in Tuscon, AZ and Livingston, TX.

Edit to add: I found the names of owners prior to 1984: O. Clayton from 1980 to 1983. H. A. Robertson prior to 1980. (Using initials to protect identities.) The contractor's license for this business was first issued in 1958. Arizona Registrar of Contractors http://www.azroc.gov

Faux Article

RSBM: When I think "failed stockbroker", the first think I think of is suicide, like the stockbrokers of the great depression. I also think of a quick rich to poor, desperation/depression. The odd association of wife + unknown education of mother could be due to the mother dying fairly early in her childhood.

the company is a heating & air conditioning contractor (installing heating and cooling systems) that is not the same as selling and repairing appliances. The company started in 1949, looks like it was incorporated in 1958 and new owners (sanchez) were registered in 1995. The corporation owners from 1984 to 1995 had the last name bockstedt, first name initials c and d. (per report filed with the arizona corporation commission in 1996 http://starpas.azcc.gov/scripts/cgiip.exe/wservice=wsbroker1/main.p)

so if that number leads us anywhere, it is the name bockstedt, not sanchez. If anybody starts to research this, i believe it is the "c" that was born around 1945, his father died in 2005. Listed as living in tuscon, az and livingston, tx.

Edit to add: I found the names of owners prior to 1984: O. Clayton from 1980 to 1983. H. A. Robertson prior to 1980. (using initials to protect identities.) the contractor's license for this business was first issued in 1958. Arizona registrar of contractors http://www.azroc.gov

if you click on the link i provided, you will see that it says "appliance repair and maintenance" as one of the naics categories.

if you click on the link i provided, you will see that it says "appliance repair and maintenance" as one of the naics categories.

Hubwoo, is not exactly a credible business intelligence website. I believe the state's corporation offices and the required filings that the company has made, is a more reliable source for a description of their line of business.

Anyway, the point of my post was about the company ownership and the names I found of people on the company's ownership prior to 1995.

Interesting, this business started Dec. 10, 1987, operated for 26 years, and now has a suspended license.

Name: Southern Arizona York Contract
Phone Number: (602) 887-2926
Address: 350 E Prince Rd Tucson, AZ 85705
BuildZoom Grade: 50
How we grade
License Number: 71960
Licensed By: State Of Arizona
Government License: View official license on state of Arizona website
License Held: Air Conditioning And Refrigeration
License Status: Suspended Update
Date License Issued: December 10th, 1987
Time in business: 26 years

http://www.buildzoom.com/contractor/southern-arizona-york-contract

So, the term "failed stockbroker" is especially interesting to me. I am a financial advisor and have been in the industry for 10 years. The term stockbroker is very specific to a position. While I do have multiple securities designations, legally someone can use the term financial advisor without any sort of licensing or designation. However, stockbrokers are and were required to be licensed through our self-regulator FINRA (Financial Industry Regulartory Authority), or as it would have been known as then as the NASD (National Association of Securities Dealers). Therefore, there is a paper trail somewhere if her father was this person.

Also, the biggest broker-dealer in Scottsdale is what's now known as Scotttrade but was then known as Scottsdale Securities. They were started in 1980. Depending on what the word "failed" means, her father could have had some regulatory issues, which are public record.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottrade

http://www.forbes.com/sites/investo...advisors-and-financial-planners/#5efe2ed528e2

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back