Yearbook searches

JeannieC

Reaction score
What about Donna Jokumsen? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/1961/79/

Missing from Chandler, AZ. Presumed dead, but don't we all hope that these women escaped DV and had a happy life?

Hair Brown vs. Brown
Eyes hazel (UID) vs. Brown (Donna)
height is same

I can't find a picture of Donna to compare to UID - I supposed that might be the easiest rule-out.

HTH

I wonder if Carl or anyone has access to a yearbook for Enumclaw High School 1983, Enumclaw, Washington. That is where she graduated. She married Kevin Jokumsen in 1985.

Donna Mae Douglas was raised in Enumclaw, Washington, graduated from Enumclaw High School in 1983, In 1985 she married Kevin Jokumsen, of Enumclaw. They had two children (boys). In 1985 they moved to Chandler, Arizona. According to her husband, Donna was last seen by her friend Jackie Oxford, of Mesa, AZ on July 5, 1987.
<modsnip>

I wonder if Carl or anyone has access to a yearbook for Enumclaw High School 1983, Enumclaw, Washington. That is where she graduated. She married Kevin Jokumsen in 1985.

Donna Mae Douglas was raised in Enumclaw, Washington, graduated from Enumclaw High School in 1983, In 1985 she married Kevin Jokumsen, of Enumclaw. They had two children (boys). In 1985 they moved to Chandler, Arizona. According to her husband, Donna was last seen by her friend Jackie Oxford, of Mesa, AZ on July 5, 1987.
<modsnip>

The 1983 book is not available, and her Junior photo is not in the 1982 book. She is listed in the '82 book on the "No Photo Available" list at the end of the Junior section.

Here is her Sophomore photo from the 1981 book.

2478750440045078242S425x425Q851_zpsd535760c.jpg

Everywhere I have looked yearbook wise wants me to sign up. I know there are some people on WS who already have memberships to these groups.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that LE might welcome suggestions if they are willing to do rule outs like http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pate_parley.html Are there really "no other distinctive body features?" Previously broken nose, maybe? Scars? She almost looks like she could have had some kind of syndrome - the shiny-ish skin, tall stature, possibly gnarled hands. Something like scleroderma, maybe?

That rule-out just looks like it's out of left field for me. Anybody have a try with the Leonard Graphic archives? Are we officially putting out a call to the yearbook guru?! :cheer:

I came across an LK who went to Horizon High School in Scottsdale, AZ (class of 1990). I saw her photo in the 1987 yearbook on Classmates and do not believe that she is LER, but I am wondering if she crossed paths with LER (in Scottsdale or somewhere else) and LER stole her identity. Maybe she even used the real LK's high school transcripts to go to university?

I came across an LK who went to Horizon High School in Scottsdale, AZ (class of 1990). I saw her photo in the 1987 yearbook on Classmates and do not believe that she is LER, but I am wondering if she crossed paths with LER (in Scottsdale or somewhere else) and LER stole her identity. Maybe she even used the real LK's high school transcripts to go to university?

There would be no way for us to do it- but somewhere in her university records they would have a copy or record of what she used to get in. She could have stolen records to do so-- or she could have gotten a GED, gone to a community college then transferred.

I noticed that too... and I found yet another LK (same spelling) in a different yearbook from a different town in AZ (Glendale? Can't remember.). I do have to wonder if she just borrowed the name (and maybe other details) of someone she knew of in her former life.

That's if her height was reported accurately in the first place.
The all the sites I've found have just the one pic.

Web sleuths should set up a community ancestry/classmates account for research. Then we all could use it to look up people's yearbook photos easier. We have the name for this one, would be fairly easy...

Also, was thinking late last night, that maybe LR did have an accent, but she married JR in 2004, which gives her 15ish years to get rid of it.

Mamashawn- there is a person that went to Cactus High in glendale AZ that has the same name "LK". So maybe checking their yearbooks? That is fairly close to Scottsdale, too.

There are two persons from Cactus HS by that name (LK) - One from Class of 85 and one from Class of 90. Classmates has the yearbook for 1982, and I found the Freshman photo of LK Class of 85 in the 1982 book. She doesn't look like our Jane Doe.

Deca: I'll PM you a photo of her. If anyone else wants to see it PM me and I will show it to you.

Just an idea... Is there someone who went to school with the other LKs (probably 1985 grad) who looks similar to our uid? I'm thinking maybe if she got the info from her classmate, she would be in the yearbook.

HTH - TIA

Just an idea... Is there someone who went to school with the other LKs (probably 1985 grad) who looks similar to our uid? I'm thinking maybe if she got the info from her classmate, she would be in the yearbook.

HTH - TIA

I think that is a highly likely scenario. Another likely scenario is if she worked alongside one of the LKs at one of their teen jobs (like at the local pizza joint). Someplace they would have known each other well enough that she could have stolen a card or acquired enough info to request a birth certificate from the hospital.

Many people get their IDs stolen through other means, but I think this way is the easiest.

This may sound confusing...but here goes...
Yes, the SS# was issued in 1988 in Arizona to someone with a birth cert for LEK. There isn't an indication that it was or was not our UID. The real LEK could have had her identity stolen after 1988 by the UID. Without a picture, we have no way of knowing who the actual person was that got the initial SS# in 1988. I don't want to close my mind to other options because I know how details can be completely inaccurate online.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Her SSN was issued in TX in 1988. There is a LEK from AZ--I think she now lives in CA. We (Carl and I) found her picture in a yearbook and she is definitely NOT the same person. IIRC, we found out that her SSN was connected with a CHILD in Oregon, and a partial # from NJ. I'm not sure exactly what they mean by the "partial" from NJ. I'll find and repost this for reference.

Oh, and about the shoe size--a men's size 11 and a woman's size 11 are not the same size. A woman with feet that would match yours would wear a size 13 woman's.

Her SSN was issued in TX in 1988. There is a LEK from AZ--I think she now lives in CA. We (Carl and I) found her picture in a yearbook and she is definitely NOT the same person. IIRC, we found out that her SSN was connected with a CHILD in Oregon, and a partial # from NJ. I'm not sure exactly what they mean by the "partial" from NJ. I'll find and repost this for reference.

Oh, and about the shoe size--a men's size 11 and a woman's size 11 are not the same size. A woman with feet that would match yours would wear a size 13 woman's.

Well, in France i wear a size 45 shoe. That sounds even MORE enormous.
Nothing here makes sense and until some more info is released we will likely get nowhere. Here is a tentative timeline for LR/LEK. Feel free to correct errors, add, or clarify.

Born between about 1959 and 1969
1988 Applies for SSN in Arizona using LEK birth certificate. She is not LEK.
1987 Lives in Texas
1997 Graduates from U of Texas
2004 Marries
2008(?) Daughter born
2010 Dies

So what could she have done by the age of 19 to 29 that was so bad that she created a new identity? If she had been incarcerated or was AWOL or had a BCD from the military, her prints would have shown up. Illegal alien? Never heard any mention of an accent. Wish she had done a local television interview. She seems to be a total cypher.
The UT records would be very interesting to see indeed, if in fact she ever went there. (I'm betting she didn't, and as she was self employed who would bother to verify her claimed education?) Anyone have access to the UT yearbook from her claimed year of graduation? And I wonder where she claimed to have graduated from HS when (if) she went to UT?
I have been married a long while, and as my wife and I have grown up in the same small town we know a lot about each others's lives and families. Multiple generations of our families have known each other. I could not imagine marrying someone without knowing who her parents were, where she grew up, etc. I'm just saying, some close to her may know more about her true background than they are saying.
I am inclined to believe that it is more embarrassing than criminal, because she never got in any trouble again.
I said it kind of jokingly, but perhaps it WAS a sex change!

A few months ago I went through ALL of the high school year books that were posted on...eyearbooks? (I'm not even sure if the site is still up) for Maricopa County AZ. I think I focused on '84, '85 and '86, because those were the years a person born in 1969 would have been in high school. There was/is a REAL LEK who went to HS in Glendale, AZ and looks nothing like the FAKE LEKR. From what I can tell she is employed in CA. It's MO that their paths crossed somewhere in high school.

I haven't done much active searching on this case in the last couple of months, but I come by and check up on the thread every couple days. Thanks y'all for coming in and helping out. :)

A few months ago I went through ALL of the high school year books that were posted on...eyearbooks? (I'm not even sure if the site is still up) for Maricopa County AZ. I think I focused on '84, '85 and '86, because those were the years a person born in 1969 would have been in high school. There was/is a REAL LEK who went to HS in Scottsdale, AZ and looks nothing like the FAKE LEKR. From what I can tell she is employed in CA. It's MO that their paths crossed somewhere in high school.

I haven't done much active searching on this case in the last couple of months, but I come by and check up on the thread every couple days. Thanks y'all for coming in and helping out. :)

Interesting. I wonder if LEK saw FLEK's picture she would remember her. And I wonder if FLEK worked with LEK after HS or went to college with her. It may not have been the classic paper chase of a dead infant's birth certificate at all. Roommate? Classmate? Coworker? I agree with your opinion that if LEK and FLEK crossed paths, it would likely have been in a relatively narrow window of time, HS to 1988. Couple of years. I am gonna bet someone from SSA has interviewed LEK at length and is showing pix of FLEK at various places where LEK worked up to 1988. Bet that is how they will find out who she was. And that may be why they suspect a West Coast connection.
As to why she did it? Anyone who goes to these lengths feels the need for a new beginning. Anything beyond that is going Mustard.

Anyone in the yearbooks that looks like FLEK? Now that might REALLY be a fruitful pursuit.

I thought I had commented on this before.

the L--- K------ whose picture is in the Scottsdale area yearbook was too young by at least 2 years to be the same L--- E---- K------ to whom a birth certificate would have been issued in July 1969.

A few months ago I went through ALL of the high school year books that were posted on...eyearbooks? (I'm not even sure if the site is still up) for Maricopa County AZ. I think I focused on '84, '85 and '86, because those were the years a person born in 1969 would have been in high school. There was/is a REAL LEK who went to HS in Glendale, AZ and looks nothing like the FAKE LEKR. From what I can tell she is employed in CA. It's MO that their paths crossed somewhere in high school.

I found this LEK a few days ago too. Did you notice the girl two over from LEK in the yearbook? To me, she looks a lot like the FLEK.

A group of Sleuthers have been going through yearbooks to see if they can find a match. Here is a place to discuss those searches.

Early in the thread when we believed she was from Scottsdale,AZ, both Horizon and Cactus high schools were checked for Lori Erica Kennedy.

I am currently checking all available washington year books on ancestry for Lori's born 1960-1970

Early in the thread when we believed she was from Scottsdale,AZ, both Horizon and Cactus high schools were checked for Lori Erica Kennedy.

I am currently checking all available washington year books on ancestry for Lori's born 1960-1970
The phone number with the word "library" (misspelled) next to it is the Treddyfrin Public Library in Chester County, Pennsylvania. Students in that area attend Conestoga High School. If anyone has access to their yearbooks (I don't), it might turn up something interesting. We have looked all over for a connection in the west, but that phone number is the only thing linking FLEK to the east. Why was that particular number so important that she had it written on a piece of paper in a strongbox?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back