889 users online (137 members and 752 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I thought I had commented on this before.

the L--- K------ whose picture is in the Scottsdale area yearbook was too young by at least 2 years to be the same L--- E---- K------ to whom a birth certificate would have been issued in July 1969.

Quote Originally Posted by mamashawn View Post
    A few months ago I went through ALL of the high school year books that were posted on...eyearbooks? (I'm not even sure if the site is still up) for Maricopa County AZ. I think I focused on '84, '85 and '86, because those were the years a person born in 1969 would have been in high school. There was/is a REAL LEK who went to HS in Glendale, AZ and looks nothing like the FAKE LEKR. From what I can tell she is employed in CA. It's MO that their paths crossed somewhere in high school.

I haven't done much active searching on this case in the last couple of months, but I come by and check up on the thread every couple days. Thanks y'all for coming in and helping out.

Quote Originally Posted by mamashawn View Post
    A few months ago I went through ALL of the high school year books that were posted on...eyearbooks? (I'm not even sure if the site is still up) for Maricopa County AZ. I think I focused on '84, '85 and '86, because those were the years a person born in 1969 would have been in high school. There was/is a REAL LEK who went to HS in Glendale, AZ and looks nothing like the FAKE LEKR. From what I can tell she is employed in CA. It's MO that their paths crossed somewhere in high school.

I haven't done much active searching on this case in the last couple of months, but I come by and check up on the thread every couple days. Thanks y'all for coming in and helping out.
    I found this LEK a few days ago too. Did you notice the girl two over from LEK in the yearbook? To me, she looks a lot like the FLEK.

Yearbook searches

A group of Sleuthers have been going through yearbooks to see if they can find a match. Here is a place to discuss those searches.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Early in the thread when we believed she was from Scottsdale,AZ, both Horizon and Cactus high schools were checked for Lori Erica Kennedy.

I am currently checking all available washington year books on ancestry for Lori's born 1960-1970

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTigglesworth View Post
    Early in the thread when we believed she was from Scottsdale,AZ, both Horizon and Cactus high schools were checked for Lori Erica Kennedy.

I am currently checking all available washington year books on ancestry for Lori's born 1960-1970
    The phone number with the word "library" (misspelled) next to it is the Treddyfrin Public Library in Chester County, Pennsylvania. Students in that area attend Conestoga High School. If anyone has access to their yearbooks (I don't), it might turn up something interesting. We have looked all over for a connection in the west, but that phone number is the only thing linking FLEK to the east. Why was that particular number so important that she had it written on a piece of paper in a strongbox?

Thanks! And, yes, anyone feel free to post the names of high schools in relevant locales, this will help make a list of possible alumni Facebook pages we can send her Facebook page to!

ETA: I checked ancestry and the most recent Conestoga yearbook they have available is 1972.. Too early for our gal. Maybe someone on classmates can access it.
    Last edited by MrsTigglesworth; 07-11-2013 at 04:55 PM. Reason: More info

I checked a few around the area where she had the PO box, to no avail.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far. - Joe Walsh

Does anyone have a classmates account? I'd really like to check out the 1984 Fife WAshington yearbook, but don't have access.

Double post, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTigglesworth View Post
    Does anyone have a classmates account? I'd really like to check out the 1984 Fife WAshington yearbook, but don't have access.
    Hi, I don't have the full access but was able to bring up the school and search the name Lori Kennedy and just Kennedy without results. Was there another school perhaps?
    Anna Christian Waters Web Page
    www.searchingforanna.com

Anna Christian Water's WS Forum
    www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Search FB: Anna Christian Waters
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/annachristianwaters/

Quote Originally Posted by SideKick View Post
    Hi, I don't have the full access but was able to bring up the school and search the name Lori Kennedy and just Kennedy without results. Was there another school perhaps?
    Thanks for checking on that. She most likely was not going by Lori Kennedy while in high school since that would have been prior to her name change to BST. I am mainly just scanning faces, but just used Lori as a jumping off point to have Somewhere to begin. Yes, it is a huge task without a name to go from, I know.

Searching yearbooks feels like a needle in a haystack scenario. I'm certainly not up for that. (Kudos to you if you are!)

BUT the idea of posting her photo to alumni groups is fantastic. Who's taking on that task?
    Eternally optimistic!

Hoping to find:
    John Spira (Avatar picture of John)
    Bendetta "Beth" Bentley
    Tionda and Diamond Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by mandiedq View Post
    Searching yearbooks feels like a needle in a haystack scenario. I'm certainly not up for that. (Kudos to you if you are!)

BUT the idea of posting her photo to alumni groups is fantastic. Who's taking on that task?
    Searching yearbooks is indeed looking for a needle in a haystack - and it is just the kind of thing that we can do but LE can't. They haven't the personnel and time.

If we could decide on a range of years and a list of the most probable schools, there are enough people on here to divide it up into a less daunting task. In a few days we could visually scan a LOT of yearbooks.

I am going to work on a short email with FLEK's 1988 Idaho pic - the one someone from her earlier life would be most likely to recognize - and links to this forum and LE. Nothing that is not already public, no speculation and no mustarding. When I am done I'll post it here for comment and if it passes muster and TOS, then we can post it to alumni groups.

The Facebook page for her is "Who was Lori Erica Ruff".
    https://www.facebook.com/WhoWasLoriE...ocation=stream
    We are in the process of getting all the pics uploaded and then can start sharing it with alumni groups. A concise email /write up would be great for sharing!

To add to the list of yearbooks that have been checked, the one BSTs surviving sister went to is done. It is Eagle mountain high school (ancestry name)/ Robert E Lee high school (name in yearbook) in San Antonio, CA 1983

I personally like yearbook searches . I am looking for another UID from Seattle so am on the lookout for both in Washington. I am going to focus on Seattle and Tacoma yearbooks.

For those with access to yearbooks. Have you seen the most recent comments on the Seattle Times article? http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...anedoexml.html

I am curious about L. Z. person mentioned from Kennedy Christian school in Sharon PA 1978, but I don't have access to yearbooks.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast