1534 users online (313 members and 1221 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I'm also curious about the DJS person from Tacoma 1972 that was a witness in a murder trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Dionysia View Post
    I'm also curious about the DJS person from Tacoma 1972 that was a witness in a murder trial.
    I have looked at the above 2 girls. I am not familiar enough with their stories to make clear connections, but neither are great matches IMO. I think DS is closer, but is listed as born in 56-59 if reading ancestry correctly and the area between the eyes is my main area of question with her. Since I don't have a pic of her smiling it is hard to compare mouths, but I might try to do an overlay later just to be sure.

There was someone on one of the newspaper arrival discussions who said they had a friend who went missing around the same time as Lek and the lady's last name was Kennedy... I will try to find that

I found it. Am I allowed to put a screen shot up ?

Quote Originally Posted by ClaireNC View Post
    For those with access to yearbooks. Have you seen the most recent comments on the Seattle Times article? http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...anedoexml.html

I am curious about L. Z. person mentioned from Kennedy Christian school in Sharon PA 1978, but I don't have access to yearbooks.
    I've looked at the L.Z. person, she is listed as an underclassman in the yearbook (only seniors are separated). The school is actually in Hermitage, PA which is next door. The L.Z. person (with the right surname as in the comment) bears absolutely zero resemblance to Lori - light-ish straight hair, glasses, face is completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum P.E. View Post
    Searching yearbooks is indeed looking for a needle in a haystack - and it is just the kind of thing that we can do but LE can't. They haven't the personnel and time.

If we could decide on a range of years and a list of the most probable schools, there are enough people on here to divide it up into a less daunting task. In a few days we could visually scan a LOT of yearbooks.

I am going to work on a short email with FLEK's 1988 Idaho pic - the one someone from her earlier life would be most likely to recognize - and links to this forum and LE. Nothing that is not already public, no speculation and no mustarding. When I am done I'll post it here for comment and if it passes muster and TOS, then we can post it to alumni groups.
    I think this is a good idea. Where do we start though, any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTigglesworth View Post
    Does anyone have a classmates account? I'd really like to check out the 1984 Fife WAshington yearbook, but don't have access.
    Maybe this has already been done, but I just went through this yearbook and didn't find any photos resembling our LEK.

Quote Originally Posted by neesaki View Post
    I think this is a good idea. Where do we start though, any suggestions?
    I am going to leave this thread for facial yearbook scans, and start a new thread in a few minutes for folks to help track down high school alumni Facebook pages. Get ready! I need help!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTigglesworth View Post
    I am going to leave this thread for facial yearbook scans, and start a new thread in a few minutes for folks to help track down high school alumni Facebook pages. Get ready! I need help!
    I would be glad to help, but does one need a facebook page to do that? I don't have one anymore.

I would be glad to help, but does one need a facebook page to do that? I don't have one anymore.
    Here is the link to the alumni school search page:

High School Alumni facebook pages - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I believe you can see at least the address and maybe home page without having to log in. (Not sure on that). Once we have a good list going , I can post to them either from or linking to the LEK Facebook page.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-03-2015 at 12:12 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Decided to re-post this from the general discussion thread:

Please, could someone with an Ancestry.com membership check out these two year book photos and tell me I'm crazy?

There is an L. K. (not kennedy) that bears strong resemblance to our LEK. The only thing is that she looks different because she has no bangs, hair is long and parted in the middle. Also, in the second one she isn't smiling at all. The eyes, nose, mouth. She looks as though she would be tall as well. It looks so much like her, even though she's not smiling, imo.

Just search under High school year books, San Jose, CA, Independence High School.

Year 1977, Junior year, the photo is on page 111, 5th row down, first photo.

Year 1978, Senior year, the photo is on page 47, 2nd row down, 2nd photo.

Decided to re-post this from the general discussion thread:
    Decided to re-post my response this particular person is accounted for.

Quote Originally Posted by mfgufi View Post
    Yes, thanks mfguf.

Quote Originally Posted by mfgufi View Post
    Can you tell me where this information was posted, was it on the original thread? TIA

Can you tell me where this information was posted, was it on the original thread? TIA
    Right here on the misc. thread by myself: "Unfortunately this young lady is accounted for. If you check her profile on other reunion websites, you'll find that she goes by her married name now."

I simply googled her name and found her profile elsewhere.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast