936 users online (178 members and 758 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Has anyone ever considered a John Steinbeck Jr connection? Look at all these coincidences... Steinbeck, travelling, Thailand, 1988....

John Steinbeck IV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by KateB; 04-03-2015 at 12:29 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

In April of 2012, I recall finding information at peoplefinders that Lori had employment at an apartment complex named Cantebria Crossing. I have tried to relocate this info and am unsuccessful. I think the site has changed what info is free and viewable.

Thinking I was confused, I was happy to locate a post about this employment:
    old thread (thread number one, post 195 by buffetoflies who wrote:

"I looked up LR on another site (http://www.people-finders.ws) and she had Possible Employment / Business Associations of CANTEBRIA CROSSING, operators of Apartment Buildings. Also listed previous locations of :
    BEDFORD, TX
    LEONARD, TX
    CARROLLTON, TX
    FORT WORTH, TX
    DALLAS, TX
    EULESS, TX
    IRVING, TX"

Cantebria Crossing was located in Bedford Texas and touts itself as being in close proximity to DFW airport. The only reason I am bringing this up now is that I wonder if Cantebria Crossing has any ties to Mr. Letter of Reference. If it does not, so be it. I noticed that Claire and others have been able to look up past owners of businesses. I wonder if you might check out past owners of Cantebria Crossing (or lead me to how you do this). Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HerStory View Post
    RRS married "So*" in LV in 61 and they divorce in 75.
    RRS then marries "St*" in LV in 77 and they appear to still be married.

Could FLEK be associated to either wife?

And "Sweet Mom".... please don't dissect my grammar, cause I know that I would fail miserably. LOL
    I was trying more to connect her writing style of the reference letter to her resume, not make anyone nervous about grammar!

Quote Originally Posted by Fin View Post
    In April of 2012, I recall finding information at peoplefinders that Lori had employment at an apartment complex named Cantebria Crossing. I have tried to relocate this info and am unsuccessful. I think the site has changed what info is free and viewable.

Thinking I was confused, I was happy to locate a post about this employment:
    old thread (thread number one, post 195 by buffetoflies who wrote:

"I looked up LR on another site (http://www.people-finders.ws) and she had Possible Employment / Business Associations of CANTEBRIA CROSSING, operators of Apartment Buildings. Also listed previous locations of :
    BEDFORD, TX
    LEONARD, TX
    CARROLLTON, TX
    FORT WORTH, TX
    DALLAS, TX
    EULESS, TX
    IRVING, TX"

Cantebria Crossing was located in Bedford Texas and touts itself as being in close proximity to DFW airport. The only reason I am bringing this up now is that I wonder if Cantebria Crossing has any ties to Mr. Letter of Reference. If it does not, so be it. I noticed that Claire and others have been able to look up past owners of businesses. I wonder if you might check out past owners of Cantebria Crossing (or lead me to how you do this). Thanks.
    GMTA! I was actually looking into this earlier today. The address of Cantebria Crossing Apartments is the one used on her resume: 1978 Oak Creek Lane #16, Bedford, Texas 76022. Peoplefinders still has that listed as a possible employment. Unfortunately, the Texas Secretary of State does not allow free access to its databases. There is a $1 search fee for each record searched. While $1 is not a lot of money, I can't justify spending any money on my sleuthing hobby. Besides, I don't like giving out my credit card info over the internet. Here is a link to the SOSDirect for Texas: http://www.sos.state.tx.us/corp/sosda/index.shtml

I think California also requires a fee to access this kind of information, while other states such as Arizona and Florida give free public access.

FYI...Generally it is the Secretary of State office that does business registrations in each state. I just googled "texas business registration" and found the correct office. Some lines of business, like the heating and air conditioning company, also require state licenses, so those licensing agencies are also a good source of info.
    Last edited by ClaireNC; 07-17-2013 at 05:53 PM.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fin View Post
    Name Date Instrument Deed Vol Deed Page
    LEEWARD STRATEGIC PROPERTIES 2009-08-18 D209167815
    GENERAL ELECTRIC CR EQUITIES 2009-08-04 D209206607
    VILLAGE SQUARE/CANTEBRIA LP 2004-07-20 D204226647
    WATCH OMEGA HOLDINGS, LP 1997-12-23 13601 0002
    SPA HOLDINGS LLC 1997-07-31 12853 0336
    LOMA WOODS LTD 1989-11-10 09758 1431
    BEDFORD GROUP LTD 1989-06-10 09615 0575
    G W L PROPERTIES INC 1989-06-09 09615 0561
    THE GREAT WEST LIFE ASSURANCE 1987-06-02 08962 0368
    CANTEBRIA CROSSING LTD 1985-02-04 08081 0718
    SHENANDOAH PROPERTIES INC
    Eternally optimistic!

Hoping to find:
    John Spira (Avatar picture of John)
    Bendetta "Beth" Bentley
    Tionda and Diamond Bradley

My brain says... If the letter is fake.. Why keep it? She had plenty of references by then.. Sentimental?

If you look at the infrared scan that someone posted earlier, you can see that the background of the body of the letter is much "clearer" than the background at the top where the logo is placed. That indicates that she copies just the lerrethead with a piece of paper over the body of the letter, which gave her a blank page with serviceable letterhead on which to write her letter.

The purpose of the letter is to use as a reference (which is difficult to check because of the 13 hour time difference), and as an explaination for why she just dropped onto the earth a year earlier.

Once again, very clever, very determined, and it follows exactly along with the Loompanics books, which recommend making up some cock and bull story about growing up overseas because it's hard to check.

This will probably help none but I found a letter to me from my best friend that had been visiting London in /10. It is written on hotel stationary. I know the hotels in NYC I stay within still have these as well. When comparing the letter we see here - it doesn't match (although I know it's two different hotels). It was strange to come across.

I found a Roger Steinbeck who lived in North Hollywood and he is 83. I think that he stayed at this hotel and wrote a letter to someone back home (California). I was wondering if FLEK knew the recipient and kept the signature and just pasted/photocopied the body of the letter. The reason I think she would so this is because no one would spend the money to call the hotel in Thailand to confirm this letter was true and she was safe to pass it off as legitimate.

Here is the link to Radaris and Roger Steinbeck in North Hollywood: http://radaris.com/~Roger-Steinbeck/211502567

Hey! I think I may have found a clue!

It is on Thailand stationary.

I started to re-look into the Boise, ID family.

They seem to have an association with Thailand and were even living in China in 1986!

One of the daughters seems to have taken part in extensive travelling. I wonder if FLEK's initial Idaho association begins with her??

Quote Originally Posted by HerStory View Post
    Hey! I think I may have found a clue!

It is on Thailand stationary.

I started to re-look into the Boise, ID family.

They seem to have an association with Thailand and were even living in China in 1986!
    What kind of association with Thailand? Just that the daughter traveled there? From some research I did on the back story of that family, I just have a feeling that there is some connection to FLEK. One of the daughters might have at least known her. I'm curious to hear about what you found.

I posted tons on Steinbeck Jr. It was removed by mods. He has connections to Turkey and travel overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda9681 View Post
    I posted tons on Steinbeck Jr. It was removed by mods. He has connections to Turkey and travel overseas.
    I hope you kept copy of your research! I generally keep a Word file open to cut and paste things into before posting a summary here.

I have a notebook, screenshots and print offs

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast