875 users online (120 members and 755 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Owutatangledweb posted this in the general thread, but since it about telephone numbers, I thought I would reply to it over here

“Okay, I really don't know where to post this because I'm not sure I'm finding the new threads that are or are being set up. I was back to the phone number issue. So please move this post if there is a thread for phone number investigation. I am posting this link to telephone "exchanges" Just around the mid 80s the use of names for exchanges was being eliminated, but some areas still used them. So, if you're looking into phone numbers and scribblings on the paper, look at this too. I did see there is a "Jackson" exchange. I didn't go any further than that. I don't know how to use the chart, so it could be in Hawaii for all I know.

http://ourwebhome.com/TENP/Recommended.html”

Here is my explanation. Growing up in the 70’s my phone number was 215-672-7994. The exchange names do not refer to the area codes (I am not sure when area codes came into existence but I think the exchange names were used before they had area codes). Also when I was a kid we still used 7 digit dialing and only used the area code for long distance and of course we had to actually “dial” the phone. Anyway, if you look on the table, you see that one of the recommended exchange names for 67 was Osborne. So my phone number was OSborne 2 – 7994. I can remember the phone pad next to the phone had numbers listed as OS2-XXXX. I don't think it was even common to use them anymore in the 70's because I remember asking my mother what it meant and I never heard of anyone else using them.

Finally getting to the point, JAckson would be for a phone number XXX-52X-XXX. Not sure if that helps or not.

And also in case it isn’t clear the first two letters in the word are correspond to the numbers the letters are associated with on the number pad.
    "Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less." - Marie Curie

Perhaps it is just me: does the handwriting for "these eyes" seem like a different person's than the other notes? The "e" is written differently and the numbers are written almost cursive-y as opposed to the other numbers on the page.
    Eternally optimistic!

Hoping to find:
    John Spira (Avatar picture of John)
    Bendetta "Beth" Bentley
    Tionda and Diamond Bradley

This is just a small thing I noticed. Where LEK had written Mountain Bell 3 hours less It makes me think she is counting time zones from east to west. And she is wrong too, because Mountain time would be 2 hours less and Pacific would be 3 hours less, right? It is curious as to why she was writing down time zones, phone companies and telephone numbers. And for Pacific bell she wrote admin offices after it. What was she doing? Lastly, how she has North Hollywood Police, Pacific Bell Adm office & Library with phone number up top..is their anything she could be trying to find out or accomplish using these 3 places? Hope that makes since..I am not very good at this stuff.

I have had a strong feeling that she was worried about someone finding her that was a current criminal. When I was going through my divorce, I called the police station for my husband's record, had a lawyer who could get more records for other places for me, and called phone companies to get records for proof of harassing phone calls. My notes would have looked really similar. I think there are 3 or more things going on here-- the above mentioned about running from someone or gathering info for a court case, potential work info she had lined up, and the middle about Jackson is anyone's guess. Just my theories, of course!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bsublime View Post
    (snipped)

Here is my explanation. Growing up in the 70’s my phone number was 215-67x-xxxx. The exchange names do not refer to the area codes (I am not sure when area codes came into existence but I think the exchange names were used before they had area codes). Also when I was a kid we still used 7 digit dialing and only used the area code for long distance and of course we had to actually “dial” the phone. Anyway, if you look on the table, you see that one of the recommended exchange names for 67 was Osborne. So my phone number was OSborne 2 – 7994. I can remember the phone pad next to the phone had numbers listed as OS2-XXXX. I don't think it was even common to use them anymore in the 70's because I remember asking my mother what it meant and I never heard of anyone else using them.

Finally getting to the point, JAckson would be for a phone number XXX-52X-XXX. Not sure if that helps or not.

And also in case it isn’t clear the first two letters in the word are correspond to the numbers the letters are associated with on the number pad.
    Interesting point! I remember our phone number was JU4-XXXX (JU stood for Junction) which was 584-XXXX. However, I am pretty sure we stopped using the JU and were just using the numbers 58 in the mid-1970's. So if she wrote JAckson as a phone exchange it could have been something she remembered from early childhood. (I was born in 1959 and really suspect she was born around that same time.)
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

I believe she held on to this page because there is information in all these notes she thinks she might need.

I am a note maker and will keep a sheet like this if there is something cribbed on it that I believe I will need in the future. The key is, just what is on here that is important enough for her to think she might need?

Please see Bookman's post. I am now wondering whether SHE was looking for a missing person rather than running from someone. Bookman's post about the source of his information is what has me wondering. It was a guide on how to find a missing person. Yet, she was going underground too? Maybe those notes were written way sooner than we think. Maybe she eventually gave up looking for who she was separated from and then she went underground after she learned exactly how to do it.

I am copying this over from the main forum thread for discussion here.

Quote Originally Posted by True Crime Gal View Post
    I have yet to go looking for the new subforum--not sure where it is or if I'm in it already,

I don't recall seeing anyone mention this, but Mountain Bell more or less covered the Mountain Time zone. If on the east coast, the Mountain Time Zone is 2 hours behind. If in the Mountain Time Zone, there are no continental US time zones that are "3 hours less" (if you're in AZ during the summer (Daylight Savings Time is not observed, so they're basically on Pacific time), then the Hawaii Time Zone is 3 hours earlier).

I lean towards it being a very sloppy "13", which is (as another poster pointed out in the previous, 81-page thread ) the non-DST offset of time between Texas (UTC -6) and Thailand (UTC +7)... though Texas is not even in Mountain time, so IDEK

Funny, that the possible "(13" almost looks like a "(B" to me... but "(B hours less)" makes even less sense...
    tcg

two things on Jack.SON..

1. only because of personal knowledge, SON could also be School of Nursing. maybe speak to jack at the school of nursing or Jack went to the school of nursing...on and on.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Univo...22705897765813

2. Laciner + Jack.Son.....
    I went deeper into researching the person traced to that name all the way to North East US, back to Kentucky ( which, by the way is HUGE into basketball) and found family ties to the name Perkins, one which was a T Cowen Perkins...who was married to JACK Perkins. They have a son. They have a sibling named Jenna ( maybe short for Jennifer?)The Cowen that I started with is VERY tall. I wont list the full names or family stuff here, but you can go and research this...maybe they are connected back to her highschool days.. The Perkins family is directly connected to Washington state. I will continue to research this area.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373773525.167581.jpg

Look at this case number on this page. Notice 8ufok
    Same letters on note sheet but two letters mixed up? I REALLY THINK she was looking for someone or tryin to figure out who she might be.
    Because the notes page is leading us to all these other cases.. Crazy? Was this case number a federal case number?

Quote Originally Posted by Linda9681 View Post
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373773525.167581.jpg

Look at this case number on this page. Notice 8ufok
    Same letters on note sheet but two letters mixed up? I REALLY THINK she was looking for someone or tryin to figure out who she might be.
    Because the notes page is leading us to all these other cases.. Crazy? Was this case number a federal case number?
    That is the Doe Network case file number, not a federal case number. It looks like the Doe Network didn't start operating to find missing persons until 2001. I think the Notes Page was written much earlier.

Also I don't see the letters 8ufok on the note page. Where are they?

Has anyone looked at the words to the right of Kathleen Jeung? I can't figure out the last one. I tried a couple of combinations of letters that I thought it could be and let's just say next time I'll have to search incognito
    Any thought on what it says or means?

I just remembered something from doing research in the days before computers. There were directories called Criss-Cross directories that were basically reverse telephone directories. The Library of Congress in DC has some of them, if there are any sleuthers in the DC area. http://www.loc.gov/rr/business/direc...risscross.html

Some local libraries might also have copies of these old directories for that particular area.

(I assume that she wrote the note page in late 1980's and/or early 1990's.)

Quote Originally Posted by ClaireNC View Post
    I just remembered something from doing research in the days before computers. There were directories called Criss-Cross directories that were basically reverse telephone directories. The Library of Congress in DC has some of them, if there are any sleuthers in the DC area. http://www.loc.gov/rr/business/direc...risscross.html

Some local libraries might also have copies of these old directories for that particular area.

(I assume that she wrote the note page in late 1980's and/or early 1990's.)
    If I'm reading this correctly it looks like Dallas Public Library has many of the criss-cross directories as well as many phone directories. Might be worth checking out for someone who lives in the Dallas area.

I know that one of the universities near me used to have a lot of those in their library. So maybe we could check public and university libraries near the places we think or know she has been.
    Last edited by sillybilly; 05-17-2015 at 04:07 AM. Reason: fix broken quote

Since my infrared conversions of Jane Doe's notes a few weeks ago, (see post 1296), I did further infrared conversions of her notes and I had mentioned that in the center of the page, it appeared she had made previous notes over this sheet of notes.

As of today, I have been successful in deciphering her handwriting in the center of the page. It might be info that could help this case...

I need to put together all my conversions and notes from what I discovered... and will post ASAP!
    Last edited by KateB; 04-03-2015 at 12:36 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast