852 users online (136 members and 716 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Dang. Was hoping it was a fed case number. I think I was stretching a bit anyway, it was late last night,.,, sorry!! And I was talking about the letters next to the jeung number. Anyone know what the heck that says? The first 3 look like INC or ING.

The Phone number next to Tuscon is assigned to a contractor currently. 602 used to be the area code for AZ until the 90s (see link below) when they got multiple area codes. That phone number would certainly be a good lead to follow up on. 602-887-2926 (now 520 instead of 602).

I'll keep on digging on that one!

Area code 602 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by KateB; 04-03-2015 at 12:37 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    Eternally optimistic!

Hoping to find:
    John Spira (Avatar picture of John)
    Bendetta "Beth" Bentley
    Tionda and Diamond Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Since my infrared conversions of Jane Doe's notes a few weeks ago, (see post 1296), I did further infrared conversions of her notes and I had mentioned that in the center of the page, it appeared she had made previous notes over this sheet of notes.

As of today, I have been successful in deciphering her handwriting in the center of the page. It might be info that could help this case...

I need to put together all my conversions and notes from what I discovered... and will post ASAP!
    Great Kodiak! Look forward to hearing what you discovered. If you have any posts that you want moved from the original thread, you can hit the "alert" button at the top right of the post and ask a mod to move it to one of these new threads.

(I tried to click the link from your old post and got an access forbidden error. Is it possible to repost them in some way for all to view?)

@Linda9681 and mrskeev, I also thought the first three letters after Jeung looked like Inc. or Ing.
    Last edited by ClaireNC; 07-14-2013 at 05:50 PM.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Here is what I am able to decipher from her notes in the center of the page. They are notes that were taken on another sheet of paper (over this page of notes) or it could be info that was possibly erased on this very same sheet of paper.

Upon further infrared enhancement and conversion, I can determine that underneath the name "Jennifer Perkins" and within the semicircle line is the number "39," and the letters "CA" followed by the number "36" underneath. It's possible that the last number could be B6 instead, but after doing a trace scan, it's a closer match to 36. (see last image for comparison in red lettering).

Assuming the 818-356-7300 is a phone number (as the 818 is on a different line), that would place this note written AFTER January 7, 1984 which is when that area code was created.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_codes_747_and_818
    Eternally optimistic!

Hoping to find:
    Bendetta "Beth" Bentley

Quote Originally Posted by ClaireNC View Post
    Great Kodiak! Look forward to hearing what you discovered. If you have any posts that you want moved from the original thread, you can hit the "alert" button at the top right of the post and ask a mod to move it to one of these new threads.

(I tried to click the link from your old post and got an access forbidden error. Is it possible to repost them in some way for all to view?)
    Okay, thanks, ClaireNC, I clicked the alert button and made the request to have that original post transferred to this thread.

Looks like we got some anonymous Websleuther "mentions" in today's Sunday Seattle Times follow-up story:

Looks like we got some anonymous Websleuther "mentions" in today's Sunday Seattle Times follow-up story:

Yes I noticed that too!

Here is what I am able to decipher from her notes in the center of the page. They are notes that were taken on another sheet of paper (over this page of notes) or it could be info that was possibly erased on this very same sheet of paper.

Upon further infrared enhancement and conversion, I can determine that underneath the name "Jennifer Perkins" and within the semicircle line is the number "39," and the letters "CA" followed by the number "36" underneath. It's possible that the last number could be B6 instead, but after doing a trace scan, it's a closer match to 36. (see last image for comparison in red lettering).
    Nice find, but what now we have to figure out what it could mean! Do you think it is a semicircle or was the circle originally a full circle? Could it be a large C not a semicircle? Maybe somebody's ages? Somebody was 39 at the time when she wrote the note, but 36 when they were in CA? It could be anything.

With the infrared scan.... I'm seeing 736 above the "son" in Jackson. It does appear there is something above the "7" but I'm not sure what it is?

While 736 is not an area code (that I'm aware)... it is a prefix used in Twin Falls, Idaho area.
    Last edited by fred&edna; 07-14-2013 at 07:31 PM.

Nice work Kodiak. I agree that there is something there. IMO It was something that was erased. I played with some enhancements as well but I saw something totally different. Here's what I saw. I do see some writing below this but I'm not sure what it is. Dang now I'm even more stumped!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mrskeev; 07-14-2013 at 07:22 PM. Reason: to add an attachment

Quote Originally Posted by mandiedq View Post
    The Phone number next to Tuscon is assigned to a contractor currently. 602 used to be the area code for AZ until the 90s (see link below) when they got multiple area codes. That phone number would certainly be a good lead to follow up on. 602-887-2926 (now 520 instead of 602).

I'll keep on digging on that one!

Area code 602 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Well, fellow WSers, I emailed the Tuscon public library and had them look up this number in their CC directory. Here was the response:

I did not find a listing for that number in the Tucson City Directory until 1984-85, and it appeared again in 1986 and 1988. Hope this helps!
    They included a scan of the page that had the number. Here it is cropped to the relevant number:

This is awfully similar to the listing I found (current) with the same number.

Thoughts?
    Eternally optimistic!

Hoping to find:
    Bendetta "Beth" Bentley

Here's the original image I was working with
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mrskeev View Post
    Nice work Kodiak. I agree that there is something there. IMO It was something that was erased. I played with some enhancements as well but I saw something totally different. Here's what I saw. I do see some writing below this but I'm not sure what it is. Dang now I'm even more stumped!
    I don't think the top number is an "8" because there is clearly a long vertical stroke that clearly extends from a circle, creating a number "9" in the "39." I think she wrote it right side up. But, perhaps the "CA" is not even that, but perhaps a "CR"?

Great work Kodiak and mrskeev! Unfortunately I see both when you point them out. I am certainly not an expert in analyzing images.

Maybe if we look at both of your enhanced images side by side? Two sets, one looking as if the page is placed "right side up" and the other if it is flipped to its side, like in the version that mrskeev posted.

Kodiak I also questioned if the CA could be a CR in yours, but if you look at the way she writes her r's they are definitely more rounded on the top, not a downward stroke like the one in the enhanced image.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast