1144 users online (216 members and 928 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fred&edna View Post
    RE: I. S. Jung

I found this webpage interesting:

http://www.bizapedia.com/people/IN-JUNG.html
    Those are all spelled differently. When I googled he I.S. Jeung name, a lot of medical biology type stuff came up. No idea if it is related. I believe this is a Koren name. I don't know enough about Korean to know if Jeung is common like Smith or Miller or if it is less common.
    Eternally optimistic!

Hoping to find:
    John Spira (Avatar picture of John)
    Bendetta "Beth" Bentley
    Tionda and Diamond Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by mandiedq View Post
    Those are all spelled differently. When I googled he I.S. Jeung name, a lot of medical biology type stuff came up. No idea if it is related. I believe this is a Koren name. I don't know enough about Korean to know if Jeung is common like Smith or Miller or if it is less common.
    Yep, they are. Some months back, when I was researching another case with a friend we quickly realized variations, misspellings, hyphenations, etc. were common with these types of names (particularly Korean and Philippine origins).
    The only reason the info in the link peeked my curiosity was because of the locations and church-related business.

This case leads in so many directions... I'm never sure which route to follow.

This case leads in so many directions... I'm never sure which route to follow.

That about sums it up!
    Eternally optimistic!

Hoping to find:
    John Spira (Avatar picture of John)
    Bendetta "Beth" Bentley
    Tionda and Diamond Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by mandiedq View Post
    Interesting find. If it helps, with Korean names, the last name would be Jeung, the generational name would be the "I" name and the personal name would be the "s" name. So any brothers would also have the "I" name. I am not sure if this goes for male/female siblings, but know it is this way at least for siblings of the same sex.

Quote Originally Posted by NCSleuth View Post
    This is a huge find. Jeung In Seuk almost surely matches up with "Jeung Ing Fouk"
    This is huge! Somehow I missed that when mandiedq posted it yesterday.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by snarlingcoyote View Post
    Hi! I'm new.

It looks like like I** Fouk to me. Fouk in North America, as a last name, seems to be a phonetic interpretation of many different names from many different places.

Also, has anyone mentioned how curious it is that she used the paper upside down? Like she grabbed some paper that was just lying around and started using it to make a note? So the photo shoot may have even been for someone else?
    Maybe it is Ing Seuk (Kathleen Jeung's "given" name?) that is in the directory as well?

Only reference I can find for the Police number is an old PDF from 1994 on anti-gang violence. (I hope I am putting all of this stuff in the right place.)

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/Digi...50272NCJRS.pdf

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

21merc again, everything you are posting has been covered. Please read all threads. We all had to do it, lol. Heck I read them many times and still double post.

Just my opinion but the paper with notes could have started out as a piece of paper next to the phone where she wrote notes and also any housemates if she had them. Could explain the different styles of writing on there too and she may have just written something down and taken out the paper away? I know it's a theory but there are many so thought I'd put my 2 cents worth in :/ also my writing is terrible and I went to school and private college in snr so it's hard to say wether she is maybe just be lazy as I am or didn't concentrate which the ADHD would have made even harder for her?

Quote Originally Posted by Froglady View Post
    Just my opinion but the paper with notes could have started out as a piece of paper next to the phone where she wrote notes and also any housemates if she had them. Could explain the different styles of writing on there too and she may have just written something down and taken out the paper away? I know it's a theory but there are many so thought I'd put my 2 cents worth in :/ also my writing is terrible and I went to school and private college in snr so it's hard to say wether she is maybe just be lazy as I am or didn't concentrate which the ADHD would have made even harder for her?
    I was think along those lines. Perhaps whoever helped her and maybe it had nothing to do with name change, wrote most. She kept paper for reference of some sort. The writing just seems dramatically different from what few known samples we have.

The "B", "E", "N" look different between Ben Perkins and Idaho ID/passport app. The "A"s are similar and numbers look about same, so IDK.

Quote Originally Posted by NCSleuth View Post
    This is a huge find. Jeung In Seuk almost surely matches up with "Jeung Ing Fouk"

Again, thinking she (LEKR) was on the phone:

My last name begins with the letter "F" and if I spell my name over the phone it's often heard as the letter "S", so, I usually say "F as in Friday" (Or F as in Foxtrot if I want to sound like a pilot ;D) Anyway, based on this thinking it's likely the name was Ing Seuk and she wrote Ing Feuk on the paper.

I think you are exactly right. It was a simple misspelling of something she heard over the phone.

I think that these are mostly phone notes.

The handwriting bugs me a lot. "These eyes...shoot" looks VERY different from the rest of the writing. The "e"'s, obviously, but mostly because it looks much clearer and confident. However, if you look at the "s"'s in "these eyes" and compare them to the rest of the notes, I think they match. Further, the "n"'s (I call them Lazy "n"'s) in the body of the note are different from the "n"'s in her SSN application and her Student Loan Application & passport application, but if you look carefully at her S/L application, you see that on the second page, barely visible, the same "lazy n".

After hours of looking and comparing (I sure wish someone who knows something about handwriting would get involved in this), I've come to the conclusion that FLEK deliberately changed her handwriting as part of her new identity. It's highly recommended in the Loompanics books.

Once again i'm struck by the tremendous discipline she displayed. It was hard enough for her to learn to write the first time. In fact, judging from the childish letters in the main body of the notes, I think she taught herself to write. VERY impressive. I like this girl.

Many unexplained inconsistencies in that note.

1. Except for "these eyes...shoot" and "40 2 months", everything is written upside down on the notepad. If you look closely, you see that this is a ruled paper (no holes, so a notepad), and that the lines go all the top, but stop 3 inches or so from the bottom. Why did she write on the pad upside down?

2. "These eyes" and "40 2 months" are oriented exactly the same on the parer, indicating that they were both written at the same time. What is the connection?

3. "Jackson H", "3:00", "Today", & "N..Nov" & "N Holyood police" have the same orientation on the paper, again indication they were written in the same sitting. What is the connection?

4. I think it that "40" & "2 months" are separate, but reasonable minds could differ. Look closely: "40" is traced over 3 times (look at the "4" especially) (and the 3 hash marks beneath "40"), but "2 months is only traced over twice. Also the writing in "2 months" is somewaht smaller than "40".

5. It looks to me like "Ben Jr." was the first thing written on this page. Why? Also, it appears that she only knew him as "Ben Jr.", until somebody told her his last name.

6. It looks to me like she was trying to find someone. Maybe someone she was worried would come looking for her. The CNA numbers tell me that she was getting dropped calls and she wanted to know where they were coming from.

We need to nail down some time frames.

RE: I. S. Jung

I found this webpage interesting:

http://www.bizapedia.com/people/IN-JUNG.html
    Interesting that it lists Jung in Georgia!

Jung, In Suk
    3xxx Ros****f Tr*ce
    Buford, GA 30519

Quote Originally Posted by Linda9681 View Post
    Attachment 35698

Look at this case number on this page. Notice 8ufok
    Same letters on note sheet but two letters mixed up? I REALLY THINK she was looking for someone or tryin to figure out who she might be.
    Because the notes page is leading us to all these other cases.. Crazy? Was this case number a federal case number?
    I think that is a case file number for the Doe Network.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast