803 users online (90 members and 713 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    There is a Jennifer Perkins that has been a lawyer in Texas since 1986. She specializes in family law now, but from 1985-1993 she worked for the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office. Her web page says, “Jennifer Perkins has devoted her career to supporting and assisting families through the legal system. As a prosecutor for 7 years, Jennifer was instrumental in the formation of the family violence section of the Dallas County District Attorneys Office. As an Assistant District Attorney Jennifer handled child welfare cases, juvenile criminal cases, in addition to her work with victims of domestic violence.”

I looked at the obit for Ben Perkins, it did not list a Jennifer Perkins as a surviving relative.
    http://www.vicksburgpost.com/site/rs...a4bcf6878.html

Looking on LinkedIn, there are several of Jennifer Perkins in Dallas/Ft Worth. Another interesting one with no dates or further information is a Jenny Perkin’s who is listed as a “Telecommunications Expert”

Is it just another weird coincidence that there would be two lawyers with the last name of Perkins on this list?
    "Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less." - Marie Curie

Quote Originally Posted by ClaireNC View Post
    FWIW, The attorney Ben Perkins, Jr. died on Feb. 16, 2013. So whatever records or knowledge he had are no longer available.

Interesting note in the comments section about an exotic dancer that vanished in January 1988 after stating that she planned to start over with a new life.
    http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...anedoexml.html
    Claire,
    Just wondering, Ben Perkins has passed away, why would this mean all his records wouldn't be available? I know, sounds simple, he's not with us anymore therefore, boom, they all got shredded.
    I was wondering if perhaps he has a partner in his firm? Hoping the records are not destroyed, has someone checked into that?
    Anna Christian Waters Web Page
    www.searchingforanna.com

Anna Christian Water's WS Forum
    www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Search FB: Anna Christian Waters
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/annachristianwaters/

Quote Originally Posted by SideKick View Post
    Claire,
    Just wondering, Ben Perkins has passed away, why would this mean all his records wouldn't be available? I know, sounds simple, he's not with us anymore therefore, boom, they all got shredded.
    I was wondering if perhaps he has a partner in his firm? Hoping the records are not destroyed, has someone checked into that?
    No partners have been mentioned. I don't know what the rules are in Cal, but generally lawyers only have to keep files for a certain period of time, then they can be discarded. I'd love to take a look at Mr. Perkins files too, but I highly doubt that any remain.

Claire,
    There would also be significant issues of attorney-client confidentiality. Obtaining Perkins files would require a Court Order.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Razor View Post
    There would also be significant issues of attorney-client confidentiality. Obtaining Perkins files would require a Court Order.

~ Yes, obviously this would be and LE/FBI issue to obtain such records. Let's hope they look into it as Perkins may have the answers to who our LEK was.

thx!
    Anna Christian Waters Web Page
    www.searchingforanna.com

Anna Christian Water's WS Forum
    www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Search FB: Anna Christian Waters
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/annachristianwaters/

Claire,
    Sidekick, I should have expanded on my comment. What I really meant to say is that the records would be very hard to obtain, complicated by his death and the fact that he was suspended in 1988 and disbarred in 1989. Any other "information" that he had related to FLEK, things not in the official records, would have died with him.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaireNC View Post
    Sidekick, I should have expanded on my comment. What I really meant to say is that the records would be very hard to obtain, complicated by his death and the fact that he was suspended in 1988 and disbarred in 1989. Any other "information" that he had related to FLEK, things not in the official records, would have died with him.
    Interesting connection to a dishonest lawyer! I wonder what he was up to during that time period of FLEK's ID change. Seems probable that he was the person that helped her do it--who knows. I wonder if he has any family members that could shed some light on his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Liebchenmutti View Post
    Interesting connection to a dishonest lawyer! I wonder what he was up to during that time period of FLEK's ID change. Seems probable that he was the person that helped her do it--who knows. I wonder if he has any family members that could shed some light on his life.
    To be fair, we don't know if he was a "dishonest" lawyer. We also do not know what kind of law he practiced prior to being disbarred or why he was disbarred. It would be great if somebody had the knowledge/resources to research this information.

It's more likely that she was trying to find him for information related to something regarding her true identity. I don't think he was involved in her identity change.
    Last edited by ClaireNC; 07-19-2013 at 08:52 PM.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Liebchenmutti View Post
    Not much evidence that he was the person who helped her change her identity. Substantial evidence that she was interested in tracking him down.

I think, from the evidence, that "incompetent lawyer" might describe him better than "dishonest lawyer".

the lawyer Jennifer Perkins stated she did not know FLEK. She actually thought the "person" who may or may have not emailed her was an old friend, so I believe she was telling the truth. I bet my $$ that Jennifer Perkins is related to Ben Perkins somehow and Jackson is a reference for Jackson MS. I believe Perkins taught law there after he was disbarred. I am looking for proof of that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bsublime View Post
    There is a Jennifer Perkins that has been a lawyer in Texas since 1986. She specializes in family law now, but from 1985-1993 she worked for the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office. Her web page says, “Jennifer Perkins has devoted her career to supporting and assisting families through the legal system. As a prosecutor for 7 years, Jennifer was instrumental in the formation of the family violence section of the Dallas County District Attorneys Office. As an Assistant District Attorney Jennifer handled child welfare cases, juvenile criminal cases, in addition to her work with victims of domestic violence.”

I looked at the obit for Ben Perkins, it did not list a Jennifer Perkins as a surviving relative.
    http://www.vicksburgpost.com/site/rs...a4bcf6878.html

Looking on LinkedIn, there are several of Jennifer Perkins in Dallas/Ft Worth. Another interesting one with no dates or further information is a Jenny Perkin’s who is listed as a “Telecommunications Expert”

Is it just another weird coincidence that there would be two lawyers with the last name of Perkins on this list?
    Was just looking at some linkedin info- interesting to me Jennifer is a Dallasite- Grad from Southern Methodist- but the most interesting thing is 1985-1993 she was working for the ADA but then it lists 2007-2013 with her own practice. I'm wondering where she was from 1993-2007? That could hold some beneficial answers about the connection they may have to FLEK. I need to go back and look at some dates but this has me thinking of perhaps some high profile reason we can't find a previous identity to BST.

Also I found an address for her old practice. It being at Royal and Preston Area in Dallas, I know it has been off bus for a long time. The building it was in is a 3-4 story building that has many different offices belonging to different types of practices. I had a family member who worked in the same building in 2007-2008.

I spoke to her. She did not know FLEK by photo or name

Food for thought... What if the name JENNIFER PERKINS was an alias used by FLEK when she first came to dallas? ( hence 214 next to name )

Has anyone ever tried to look for the bankruptcy cases Ben Perkins filed in CA in the 80s for any clues? I'm not sure what is required to search, but it appears BKs are public records.

http://www.uscourts.gov/CourtRecords.aspx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast