810 users online (136 members and 674 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum P.E. View Post
    Well, the difference is significant. Psychologically, parachuting IMHO attracts thrill seekers. Flying attracts a different type of person, more in keeping with what we know of FLEK. And to get a pilot's license she would have needed a level of documentation that she might not have wanted to provide. You can fly some powered parachutes without a license. Seems weird to have kept that particular document in the box, but then what isn't weird about this case?
    Has anyone found out anything about the Laciner connection? They were her neighbors and the name was written down in the box. Did she not want to be found out, but some part of her wanted a way for her daughter to be able to find out her heritage some day? I risk going mustard so I will stop there.
    BBM... I agree. I based my assumption because "solo" appears on the certificate (I've always associated "solo" with "piloting/flying"). Tandem also appears on the certification, too (so I assumed a 2-seater), but maybe a person can solo/tandem jump?

I can't help but feel like the Laciner's know something. I wish there was a way to reach out to them without being totally creepy. Has anyone reached out to AL over facebook? I was considering it.

I just had a thought (brace yourself!), but in regards to "cult" theories... the majority of cults, that I am aware of, are associated with polygamy. Polygamy and multitudes of children. If LEK was once in a cult setting, she likely would have had countless siblings. The article stated that she seemed uncomfortable holding her daughter and did not know what to do.

Anothing interesting aspect is how she went to the minister with notebooks, saying how she knew how to get BR back. She obviously was very accustomed to mapping out exit routes or strategies, when in crisis. I think that there are more notes than many realize to-date.

As for genetics, Marfan's, and her daughter -> if she had problems conceiving and turned to IVF, they may have used an egg donor and she is genetically unrelated to her daughter.

And furthermore! LOL

It does not appear that she feared any 'facial recognition' (by virtue of her alleged stripping involvement) as much as she avoided having a paper identity recognition. However, why would she avoid a wedding announcement by her mother-in-law AFTER re-inventing herself?

Why does she refer to him as "Laciner" on the sheet and not by his first name? A sign of formality or extreme casuality? Also, on the sheet, she seems to write "Ben Jr" and then adds Perkins like an afterthought.this must imply something.

And what is "mustarding"? Did I just mustard?

Quote Originally Posted by HerStory View Post
    I just had a thought (brace yourself!), but in regards to "cult" theories... the majority of cults, that I am aware of, are associated with polygamy. Polygamy and multitudes of children. If LEK was once in a cult setting, she likely would have had countless siblings. The article stated that she seemed uncomfortable holding her daughter and did not know what to do.

Anothing interesting aspect is how she went to the minister with notebooks, saying how she knew how to get BR back. She obviously was very accustomed to mapping out exit routes or strategies, when in crisis. I think that there are more notes than many realize to-date.

As for genetics, Marfan's, and her daughter -> if she had problems conceiving and turned to IVF, they may have used an egg donor and she is genetically unrelated to her daughter.

And furthermore! LOL

It does not appear that she feared any 'facial recognition' (by virtue of her alleged stripping involvement) as much as she avoided having a paper identity recognition. However, why would she avoid a wedding announcement by her mother-in-law AFTER re-inventing herself?

Why does she refer to him as "Laciner" on the sheet and not by his first name? A sign of formality or extreme casuality? Also, on the sheet, she seems to write "Ben Jr" and then adds Perkins like an afterthought.this must imply something.

Good point. Though with the Children of God cult specifically, she may not have ever had access to her siblings, which is why I brought that one up. I do think your point stands, that would have to be a really specific incidence (if she were from CoG/FI)

I wonder who she thought could find her in the weddings section of a Longview, TX newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by HerStory View Post

And furthermore! LOL

I invented the term "mustarding" or "mustard mode". It comes from the game of Clue (AKA Cluedo), as in "Colonel Mustard did it with a candlestick in the kitchen." It refers to going into excessive detail or creating a backstory with no real evidence for it, just a feeling or intuition. We do have to indulge in some speculation because we can't develop any theories without it. The problem is that we all have life experiences, and we can tend to filter things through that. Someone who has been the victim of domestic abuse will see FLEK as the victim of domestic abuse. Someone who has experience with polygamy or cults will see her as having escaped that. Both may be true, both may be false. But.....we have no evidence for either scenario. The many posts about Marfan's, when no one has said she had it, are Mustard. It would not help anyway if we knew she did, unless someone forwarded her picture to a Marfan's group to see if they recognized her. She may have just been a tall woman with big hands.
    Incidentally, I half jokingly speculated way back that she perhaps had had a gender reassignment and that is why no one could find her before a certain year. Apparently that is one of the things that LE actually looked into (DNA came back consistent with a female).

We DO have some tantalizing clues that FLEK was involved in exotic dancing, and we know she went bankrupt after she got her new identity. The connections to the names on her scratch pad are some concrete things that must be investigated. Agent Velling seems pretty thorough, I wish he would share some of the results. LE can be as secretive as FLEK herself, it seems.

I also made up the expression "FLEK", btw, back when we thought that Lori Erica Kennedy (LEK) was a stolen rather than made up identity, and it was assumed on this board that the woman who died in Longview was Fake Lori Erica Kennedy. We could not use names before the Seattle Times story, and needed a short way to refer to her.

There is a Lassater texas not far from Longview. There is also a Lassiter North Carolina. Re: laciner reference. She was possibly not a good speller and you can hear things differently over the phone, particularly if you possibly have a hearing problem. Who says laciner is a person if it is spelled wrong? Given the other notes, I don't know if it fits. I will leave that to you experts.

Oh, and the name we actually may be looking for could be some alternative spelling such as that if we are indeed looking for a person.

Laciner and misspellings

Quote Originally Posted by Owutatangledweb View Post
    There is a Lassater texas not far from Longview. There is also a Lassiter North Carolina. Re: laciner reference. She was possibly not a good speller and you can hear things differently over the phone, particularly if you possibly have a hearing problem. Who says laciner is a person if it is spelled wrong? Given the other notes, I don't know if it fits. I will leave that to you experts.
    I agree it is a good possibility that Laciner is a misspelling of something that sounds like Laciner... her spelling was not good.. .she even misspelled Hollywood -which makes me think she was NOT from California...

Laciner

Ok last thing for the night( can you tell I am bored at work?)
    I was playing with the word LACINER. I put in the area code below the word.., its in Los Angeles... AKA.... LA
    Then I tried to find the rest... CINER.
    Guess what costume jewlery was HUgE in the 1980s with models and dancers... Yep, CINER
    . Maybe huh?

Also in LA is cedars Sinai .. Maybe she was referring to LA... Sinai ? ( poor speller or wa son phone and didn't get what they were saying. Didn't she use the name Cedar as a login somewhere?
    Goodnight. I'm off work now haha

Quote Originally Posted by Linda9681 View Post
    Ok last thing for the night( can you tell I am bored at work?)
    I was playing with the word LACINER. I put in the area code below the word.., its in Los Angeles... AKA.... LA
    Then I tried to find the rest... CINER.
    Guess what costume jewlery was HUgE in the 1980s with models and dancers... Yep, CINER
    . Maybe huh?

Also in LA is cedars Sinai .. Maybe she was referring to LA... Sinai ? ( poor speller or wa son phone and didn't get what they were saying. Didn't she use the name Cedar as a login somewhere?
    Goodnight. I'm off work now haha
    I found a teaching alumni at her university with the last name 'Lackner'.

At this point the forum seems like a bunch of air molecules randomly bouncing about the room. Many many posts about personality disorders and genetic things that LEK may or may not have had, but nothing about an actual living person (maybe TWO if you could "LISH") whose name was written down in LEK's own hand and locked in her strongbox. And the important sleuthing done on the unusual word or name "LACINER" seems never to have happened.
    I wish that LE and/or the author of the Seattle Times piece would chime in. I am pretty sure you are lurking.

The Marfan's and gender change horses died some time ago, so let's stop flogging them. If you do, a gift certificate for mustard will be on the way.

yep

At this point the forum seems like a bunch of air molecules randomly bouncing about the room. Many many posts about personality disorders and genetic things that LEK may or may not have had, but nothing about an actual living person (maybe TWO if you could "LISH") whose name was written down in LEK's own hand and locked in her strongbox. And the important sleuthing done on the unusual word or name "LACINER" seems never to have happened.
    I wish that LE and/or the author of the Seattle Times piece would chime in. I am pretty sure you are lurking.

The Marfan's and gender change horses died some time ago, so let's stop flogging them. If you do, a gift certificate for mustard will be on the way.
    I understand everyone has personal stuff, but the thread is getting clogged. I am still working on LACINER, and have suggested several things:
    LACI NER as two names, the so called stripper that wanted to get away named LACI could be a connection, and NER is a valid last name with people by that last name living in LA.
    LA CINER CINER was a very famous costume jewelry company that had stores in LA. Models and strippers wear costume jewelry (and me too, lol)
    I followed the trail of the LACINER that moved to the North East with the husband from Turkey, and know the scout troop her son is in and her church affiliation, but do we know if that is the right person, didn't want to post that info without being sure for her privacy. I was not looking for her son, that came to light by accident. I posted all of this stuff, but nobody commented. Really, anything goes because who would have thought our JD would have known a famous model who dated someone from WHAM? I am trying to think out of the box, 80's style, because LA in the 80s was so different.

I found also the address on her ID card that was spelled wrong is actually the correct spelling for an address street only) in Oceanside, CA on the outskirts of the Marine Base there. I used to live right down the highway from there in the 90s.. it has been in the back of my mind there might be a military connection, but that could be the old vet in me connecting dots that are not there. Tons of my military friends in the day dated strippers, if she was in fact a stripper. Really, it would make sense to use a familiar address on an ID since you could recall it quickly. I wonder if she just made up the house number. The neighbor hood looks new, so I don't know if it was even there in the 80s.
    I was trying to follow up on the Law firm in Colorado, but trying to read the case law of the two cases mentioned was impossible with my daughter running in and out every two minutes. I know now why I am not a lawyer...maybe we could "dole out" fact finding to people based on their access to info on the sheet. It seems to me the investigator has pretty much ignored the sheet all together. I really doubt he is doing the work on this one, he is pretty high up. He really just "supervises" the work and the newer agents are the investigators. They usually like to "beat feet" or call other agencies instead of doing online stuff. Most offices have a "person" that does that , and they usually have more important cases to work before old stuff. Just giving some insight.
    I wish I had access to stuff I used to have access to or stuff my hubby has access to now so I could look up like Lexis Nexus or D@B or even fed files. The ID card could be one of a few. I would get multiples if I was running, like maybe one in Nevada, one in CA and one in Arizona...not a far drive from Cali.
    It makes sense that she went to Nevada if she was in LA. It is only a few hours drive, and young people make that drive pretty much as a weekend trip or they did when I lived there. Mexico was a favorite too, via San Diego.
    LA and San Diego residents frequent both towns from my experience.

I wonder why she chose Becky Sue as her Identity vs. the other two sisters. Age? Birthday? Name choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Linda9681 View Post
    I understand everyone has personal stuff, but the thread is getting clogged. I am still working on LACINER, and have suggested several things:
    LACI NER as two names, the so called stripper that wanted to get away named LACI could be a connection, and NER is a valid last name with people by that last name living in LA.
    LA CINER CINER was a very famous costume jewelry company that had stores in LA. Models and strippers wear costume jewelry (and me too, lol)
    I followed the trail of the LACINER that moved to the North East with the husband from Turkey, and know the scout troop her son is in and her church affiliation, but do we know if that is the right person, didn't want to post that info without being sure for her privacy. I was not looking for her son, that came to light by accident. I posted all of this stuff, but nobody commented. Really, anything goes because who would have thought our JD would have known a famous model who dated someone from WHAM? I am trying to think out of the box, 80's style, because LA in the 80s was so different.

I found also the address on her ID card that was spelled wrong is actually the correct spelling for an address street only) in Oceanside, CA on the outskirts of the Marine Base there. I used to live right down the highway from there in the 90s.. it has been in the back of my mind there might be a military connection, but that could be the old vet in me connecting dots that are not there. Tons of my military friends in the day dated strippers, if she was in fact a stripper. Really, it would make sense to use a familiar address on an ID since you could recall it quickly. I wonder if she just made up the house number. The neighbor hood looks new, so I don't know if it was even there in the 80s.
    I was trying to follow up on the Law firm in Colorado, but trying to read the case law of the two cases mentioned was impossible with my daughter running in and out every two minutes. I know now why I am not a lawyer...maybe we could "dole out" fact finding to people based on their access to info on the sheet. It seems to me the investigator has pretty much ignored the sheet all together. I really doubt he is doing the work on this one, he is pretty high up. He really just "supervises" the work and the newer agents are the investigators. They usually like to "beat feet" or call other agencies instead of doing online stuff. Most offices have a "person" that does that , and they usually have more important cases to work before old stuff. Just giving some insight.
    I wish I had access to stuff I used to have access to or stuff my hubby has access to now so I could look up like Lexis Nexus or D@B or even fed files. The ID card could be one of a few. I would get multiples if I was running, like maybe one in Nevada, one in CA and one in Arizona...not a far drive from Cali.
    It makes sense that she went to Nevada if she was in LA. It is only a few hours drive, and young people make that drive pretty much as a weekend trip or they did when I lived there. Mexico was a favorite too, via San Diego.
    LA and San Diego residents frequent both towns from my experience.

I wonder why she chose Becky Sue as her Identity vs. the other two sisters. Age? Birthday? Name choice?
    I too have been exploring the Laciner connection extensively. I am doing my utmost best to "walk softly" so as to not interfere in potentially innocent lives. A strong possibility is the A.L. one. He appears to work in IT professions. *IF* he is the one that LEK referred to on her sheet, it could be that he is an unwitting third-party (ie. I want to order concert tickets and a friend gives me a name of someone to call, who may have a pair, but they only know them by last name. I call said person and tickets are sold.), who has no recollection of what/why/how he was singled out 2.5 decades later. OR! He had some technical involvement in re-establishing her, after all, he worked/works IT and likely has insight on how to minimize any sort of digital crumb trails to evade detection.

As for why she chose BST and not the other sisters? Maybe name preference? Like it was suggested before, maybe try researching if the other sister's identities were used like this too....or if other children who died around that time period? If they/she were harvesting from microfiches, they must have created a laundry list of potential children's identities which they could 'resurrect'.

Yum. Now you have me thinking of Corny dogs with lots of mustard. The only problem is not only do I not have any, they're also not on my diet, lol.

Laciner

There was a page of undated notes found in the lock box in Lori Erica Ruff's closet after her death. http://seattletimes.com/html/localpa...eevidence.html

Here is a link to an image of that page:
    http://seattletimes.com/ABPub/2013/06/20/2021230731.jpg

Here is a thread for discussion of the word "Laciner" on the Note page.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast