838 users online (122 members and 716 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 89
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    northern VA, USA
    Posts
    2,060

    Jeung/Lish

    One of the numbers on her scribbly page comes up with:

    "Top Beat Records is a company categorized under Title Abstract Offices.
    Address
    po box 931274 Los Angeles, California, United States, 90093
    Show Map
    Phone Number
    +1 (213) 460-6190"


    She obviously had a connection to Hollywood as it's literally scribbled all over that paper.



    "View profile for Kathleen Jeung Kathleen Jeung is associated with Chatoyance, Inc. with the role of President. and is located in Los Angeles, CA.
    Source: California Secretary of State last refreshed 3/13/2013 "


    "Company Name: CHATOYANCE, INC.
    Status: Suspended
    Filing Date: 02/13/1998
    Entity Type: Corporation
    File Number: C2037475
    Filing State: California (CA)
    Company Age: 15 Years, 4 Months
    Principal Address:
    2421 Micheltorena St
    Los Angeles, CA 90039 "

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    northern VA, USA
    Posts
    2,060
    https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/Digi...50272NCJRS.pdf

    Officer Manuel Martinez
    Jeopardy "Balancing the Odds"
    City of Los Angeles Pol~ce Department
    11480 Tiara Street
    North Hollywood, CA
    91601
    (818) 989-8824


    June 1994 CA Statewide Directory of Anti-Gang Efforts.... no clue why his number is listed on her sheet. Maybe she really was a part of an independent type gang/witness protection deal...

    http://midvalleyjeopardy.org/


    Back to the Top Beat Records "exec"(??) she had on her scribblings, Kathleen Jeung, this is a list of bands on TBR. http://www.allmusic.com/artist/top-b...232626/credits

    I can't find the connection of Lish to anything but there IS an electronic band out there named Lish who started making music in 1995. They have a song called Hollywood Superstar and I believe it's about addicts but IDK. The lyrics are very simple, "(...) green... is gone.. at least for now... live long addics... (...) live long... one by land!" that song was put out in 2005.


    The 303 # belongs (now at least) to Gersch & Helfrich, LLP -- attorneys in Denver, CO. Looks like G&H was a firm in the mid to late 90s. I don't think they still are, just based on Helfrich being with Allen & Vellone. This is the type of law they do: http://www.allen-vellone.com/practice.html -- Gersch is actually an investment fraud attorney!!! Interesting....
    Last edited by astridxx; 06-23-2013 at 03:38 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    562
    Kathy Jeung seems to have been a DJ in Hollywood, some "association" with George Michael (the one from WHAM!), now does makeup. Someone should show FLEK's pic to her, though I have the feeling that has already been done.

    This gets more interesting by the minute.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1,680
    Hmmm - interesting Fred&Edna.

    LEK apparently did file for Ch 13 bankruptcy in Feb of 1997. Maybe it wasn't the first time?

    Oh Magnum PE! I was thinking that it couldn't possibly be the same Kathleen Jeung - but like you said, stranger things have happened!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    323

    Live chat paraphrased #4

    ...Passport...obtained at Houston, tx office. Mailed to her in Dallas.

    ... Original BST birth cert.. No records from 1988 to trace who applied for the copy. The certificate and receipt for 11$ was found in the strong box

    ... No audio or video to share at this point, but family may have some..

    ...lots of folks asking a out Jeung. They will try to contact her.

    ...why keep all the old records??... Not sure! Possibly because it is hard to get replacements?

    ... Blake did mention that she may have played basketball in high school , no details

    ...DNA was placed in Interpol - 41 nations including Canada

    ... They will be contacting the photography studio from "these eyes" note

    ... No scars nor tattoos that they know of

    ... " these eyes". By the guess who .... Ironic !!!

    ...

  6. #6
    I find it hard to believe that out of all the clear phone numbers on her paper the only one that was followed up on the the disbarred attorney. Not the Securities and Financial Fraud attorney Miles Gersch, or the make up artist Kathleen Jeung. They seem like no brainers to me.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In Pennsylvania, but wishing she was some place else.
    Posts
    530
    Quote Originally Posted by shouldersback View Post
    I find it hard to believe that out of all the clear phone numbers on her paper the only one that was followed up on the the disbarred attorney. Not the Securities and Financial Fraud attorney Miles Gersch, or the make up artist Kathleen Jeung. They seem like no brainers to me.
    I totally agree with you. I also wonder if the attorney was completely honest with them. They had this case for what 2 years? How hard are they trying.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    34
    Found this forum through the ST article. Read the entire thread and thought you guys have some very thought-provoking leads and speculations. I've been quite intrigued by this case surrounding the mystery of FLEK. A few things I've come across on my own that I haven't seen posted anywhere else (except what I posted in the ST comment section).

    Kathleen Jeung, better known as Kathy Jeung, was singer George Michael's gf (beared). She was also his make-up artist. She was with him around 1987 at least (http://www.crazyaboutmagazines.com/o...ung-cover.html)
    so one would assume she wouldn't be taking low level clients like our FLEK at that time. This would give an earlier timeline for her being in the LA area.

    I'm personally of the belief that all lies have a foundation of truth in them. I believe FLEK's story may have some partial truths that might have a fiber that can lead to the real identity. I've been focusing on stockbroker deaths/murders/suicides in newspaper archives. Some interesting leads:

    Tacoma Area Stockbroker suicide:
    http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...4290%2C4965345

    Unable to come up with an obit which would indicate children.


    Also, looked into variations of our Lori Kennedy.

    Found a Laura Kennedy in Prescott Arizona who was a basketball player and 18 in 1986:

    http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...7159%2C4551578

    http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...5160%2C1230339

    Laura Kennedy would be Bradshaw Mountain High School class of 1986 but have been unable to turn up yearbooks for said year.

    I find the stockbroker suicide angle intriguing since suicide tends to run in families. This is all based on the notion that she kept some truth to her story. Now, this idea may be completely wrong.

    My 'profile' of FLEK is someone who is of above average intelligence, manipulative, knew how to work people from her club days, mentally ill but manageable, secretive, insecure, possible sexual abuse. I don't buy the bulimia angle too much. She showed great discipline in keeping her secret and control--underscoring her extremely controlling nature. Although some would argue bulimia is a disorder that is in concert with control issues. Despite her above average intelligence she was never able to be truly successful. We know this from her bankruptcy as well as her lack of meaningful employment throughout her life.

    One thing I'd like to ask everyone that I have not seen touched on at all: The parachuting certificate. It certainly doesn't fit what we know about FLEK. However, the Witness signature looks to be that of a woman named Christine Shaver. There are women in the Dallas/Texas area who have this name. Was she a friend of FLEK or simply someone who worked at the school? Would this lead be worth following?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,116
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseCracka View Post
    Found this forum through the ST article. Read the entire thread and thought you guys have some very thought-provoking leads and speculations. I've been quite intrigued by this case surrounding the mystery of FLEK. A few things I've come across on my own that I haven't seen posted anywhere else (except what I posted in the ST comment section).

    Kathleen Jeung, better known as Kathy Jeung, was singer George Michael's gf (beared). She was also his make-up artist. She was with him around 1987 at least (http://www.crazyaboutmagazines.com/o...ung-cover.html)
    so one would assume she wouldn't be taking low level clients like our FLEK at that time. This would give an earlier timeline for her being in the LA area.

    I'm personally of the belief that all lies have a foundation of truth in them. I believe FLEK's story may have some partial truths that might have a fiber that can lead to the real identity. I've been focusing on stockbroker deaths/murders/suicides in newspaper archives. Some interesting leads:

    Tacoma Area Stockbroker suicide:
    http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...4290%2C4965345

    Unable to come up with an obit which would indicate children.


    Also, looked into variations of our Lori Kennedy.

    Found a Laura Kennedy in Prescott Arizona who was a basketball player and 18 in 1986:

    http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...7159%2C4551578

    http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...5160%2C1230339

    Laura Kennedy would be Bradshaw Mountain High School class of 1986 but have been unable to turn up yearbooks for said year.

    I find the stockbroker suicide angle intriguing since suicide tends to run in families. This is all based on the notion that she kept some truth to her story. Now, this idea may be completely wrong.

    My 'profile' of FLEK is someone who is of above average intelligence, manipulative, knew how to work people from her club days, mentally ill but manageable, secretive, insecure, possible sexual abuse. I don't buy the bulimia angle too much. She showed great discipline in keeping her secret and control--underscoring her extremely controlling nature. Although some would argue bulimia is a disorder that is in concert with control issues. Despite her above average intelligence she was never able to be truly successful. We know this from her bankruptcy as well as her lack of meaningful employment throughout her life.

    One thing I'd like to ask everyone that I have not seen touched on at all: The parachuting certificate. It certainly doesn't fit what we know about FLEK. However, the Witness signature looks to be that of a woman named Christine Shaver. There are women in the Dallas/Texas area who have this name. Was she a friend of FLEK or simply someone who worked at the school? Would this lead be worth following?
    Interesting. I was looking on Ancestry.com for Robert A. King, all I find is a death record, gravesite, and Census record from 1940. Haven't had time to look further. I did come across an Eric A. King., but he wasn't listed in the census for Robert A.
    Eric A. was about 52 y/o when he died in 1988. Frustrating I'm not able to pull up the obituaries for either one, I keep getting "Server Error"

    Maybe it's something to do with my computer, perhaps someone else can try who has an Ancestry membership? I don't know what to think, other than I'm sure this is probably grasping at straws, lol, but FWIW, here is a stockbroker who committed suicide in 1987, and there is an Eric A. Any relation? Does it have anything to do with LEK? who knows....

    Anyway, Eric A. immigrated from Ireland and applied for naturalized citizenship in 1985. Unfortunately there are no census records on him and his family available, at least I assume so, and none I can find.

    Eric A's previous addresses are shown as:

    <modsnip>
    Last edited by Harmony 2; 07-16-2013 at 06:33 PM. Reason: removed addresses as other unrelated parties may currently live there

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CaseCracka
    Found this forum through the ST article. Read the entire thread and thought you guys have some very thought-provoking leads and speculations. I've been quite intrigued by this case surrounding the mystery of FLEK. A few things I've come across on my own that I haven't seen posted anywhere else (except what I posted in the ST comment section).

    Kathleen Jeung, better known as Kathy Jeung, was singer George Michael's gf (beared). She was also his make-up artist. She was with him around 1987 at least (http://www.crazyaboutmagazines.com/o...ung-cover.html)
    so one would assume she wouldn't be taking low level clients like our FLEK at that time. This would give an earlier timeline for her being in the LA area.

    I'm personally of the belief that all lies have a foundation of truth in them. I believe FLEK's story may have some partial truths that might have a fiber that can lead to the real identity. I've been focusing on stockbroker deaths/murders/suicides in newspaper archives. Some interesting leads:

    Tacoma Area Stockbroker suicide:
    http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...4290%2C4965345

    Unable to come up with an obit which would indicate children.


    Also, looked into variations of our Lori Kennedy.

    Found a Laura Kennedy in Prescott Arizona who was a basketball player and 18 in 1986:

    http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...7159%2C4551578

    http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...5160%2C1230339

    Laura Kennedy would be Bradshaw Mountain High School class of 1986 but have been unable to turn up yearbooks for said year.

    I find the stockbroker suicide angle intriguing since suicide tends to run in families. This is all based on the notion that she kept some truth to her story. Now, this idea may be completely wrong.

    My 'profile' of FLEK is someone who is of above average intelligence, manipulative, knew how to work people from her club days, mentally ill but manageable, secretive, insecure, possible sexual abuse. I don't buy the bulimia angle too much. She showed great discipline in keeping her secret and control--underscoring her extremely controlling nature. Although some would argue bulimia is a disorder that is in concert with control issues. Despite her above average intelligence she was never able to be truly successful. We know this from her bankruptcy as well as her lack of meaningful employment throughout her life.

    One thing I'd like to ask everyone that I have not seen touched on at all: The parachuting certificate. It certainly doesn't fit what we know about FLEK. However, the Witness signature looks to be that of a woman named Christine Shaver. There are women in the Dallas/Texas area who have this name. Was she a friend of FLEK or simply someone who worked at the school? Would this lead be worth following?
    Interesting. I was looking on Ancestry.com for Robert A. King, all I find is a death record, gravesite, and Census record from 1940. Haven't had time to look further. I did come across an Eric A. King., but he wasn't listed in the census for Robert A.
    Eric A. was about 52 y/o when he died in 1988. Frustrating I'm not able to pull up the obituaries for either one, I keep getting "Server Error"

    Maybe it's something to do with my computer, perhaps someone else can try who has an Ancestry membership? I don't know what to think, other than I'm sure this is probably grasping at straws, lol, but FWIW, here is a stockbroker who committed suicide in 1987, and there is an Eric A. Any relation? Does it have anything to do with LEK? who knows....

    Anyway, Eric A. immigrated from Ireland and applied for naturalized citizenship in 1985. Unfortunately there are no census records on him and his family available, at least I assume so, and none I can find.

    Eric A's previous addresses are shown as:

    <modsnip>


    Okay, if I missed someone already saying this then I apologize cuz I skipped to the end to reply so I don't lose my thoughts. Did anyone else notice that "Eric A." King equals "Erica" and there was a relative Lorene there and then the last name begins with "K". Lori Erica Kennedy "july 18". Also, fivefelines posted a missing person from near Tacoma named King. I didnt take a close look at her pic and will go back. Already forgot her first name. Sorry.
    Last edited by Harmony 2; 07-16-2013 at 06:35 PM. Reason: removed addresses as unrelated parties may currently live there


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    34
    Has anyone tweeted the makeup artist Kathy Jeung a link to the case to see if she has any recollections?

    https://twitter.com/kathyjeung

    She might be curious that her name was listed on the "paper" and be willing to help. Of course her memory from the 80's is *likely* foggy but sometimes one person can stand out and make an impression of sorts. Or if she was doing any sort of freelancing in the 80s, if so, when. It could A) help us get a timeframe for FLEK's time in the LA area or B)cross out that lead as not relevant.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Owutatangledweb View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CaseCracka
    Found this forum through the ST article. Read the entire thread and thought you guys have some very thought-provoking leads and speculations. I've been quite intrigued by this case surrounding the mystery of FLEK. A few things I've come across on my own that I haven't seen posted anywhere else (except what I posted in the ST comment section).

    Kathleen Jeung, better known as Kathy Jeung, was singer George Michael's gf (beared). She was also his make-up artist. She was with him around 1987 at least (http://www.crazyaboutmagazines.com/o...ung-cover.html)
    so one would assume she wouldn't be taking low level clients like our FLEK at that time. This would give an earlier timeline for her being in the LA area.

    I'm personally of the belief that all lies have a foundation of truth in them. I believe FLEK's story may have some partial truths that might have a fiber that can lead to the real identity. I've been focusing on stockbroker deaths/murders/suicides in newspaper archives. Some interesting leads:

    Tacoma Area Stockbroker suicide:
    http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...4290%2C4965345

    Unable to come up with an obit which would indicate children.


    Also, looked into variations of our Lori Kennedy.

    Found a Laura Kennedy in Prescott Arizona who was a basketball player and 18 in 1986:

    http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...7159%2C4551578

    http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...5160%2C1230339

    Laura Kennedy would be Bradshaw Mountain High School class of 1986 but have been unable to turn up yearbooks for said year.

    I find the stockbroker suicide angle intriguing since suicide tends to run in families. This is all based on the notion that she kept some truth to her story. Now, this idea may be completely wrong.

    My 'profile' of FLEK is someone who is of above average intelligence, manipulative, knew how to work people from her club days, mentally ill but manageable, secretive, insecure, possible sexual abuse. I don't buy the bulimia angle too much. She showed great discipline in keeping her secret and control--underscoring her extremely controlling nature. Although some would argue bulimia is a disorder that is in concert with control issues. Despite her above average intelligence she was never able to be truly successful. We know this from her bankruptcy as well as her lack of meaningful employment throughout her life.

    One thing I'd like to ask everyone that I have not seen touched on at all: The parachuting certificate. It certainly doesn't fit what we know about FLEK. However, the Witness signature looks to be that of a woman named Christine Shaver. There are women in the Dallas/Texas area who have this name. Was she a friend of FLEK or simply someone who worked at the school? Would this lead be worth following?
    Interesting. I was looking on Ancestry.com for Robert A. King, all I find is a death record, gravesite, and Census record from 1940. Haven't had time to look further. I did come across an Eric A. King., but he wasn't listed in the census for Robert A.
    Eric A. was about 52 y/o when he died in 1988. Frustrating I'm not able to pull up the obituaries for either one, I keep getting "Server Error"

    Maybe it's something to do with my computer, perhaps someone else can try who has an Ancestry membership? I don't know what to think, other than I'm sure this is probably grasping at straws, lol, but FWIW, here is a stockbroker who committed suicide in 1987, and there is an Eric A. Any relation? Does it have anything to do with LEK? who knows....

    Anyway, Eric A. immigrated from Ireland and applied for naturalized citizenship in 1985. Unfortunately there are no census records on him and his family available, at least I assume so, and none I can find.

    Eric A's previous addresses are shown as:

    <modsnip>


    Okay, if I missed someone already saying this then I apologize cuz I skipped to the end to reply so I don't lose my thoughts. Did anyone else notice that "Eric A." King equals "Erica" and there was a relative Lorene there and then the last name begins with "K". Lori Erica Kennedy "july 18". Also, fivefelines posted a missing person from near Tacoma named King. I didnt take a close look at her pic and will go back. Already forgot her first name. Sorry.
    Yes, the Eric A. equals Erica and the last name beginning with K is what drew my attention and curiosity.
    Last edited by Harmony 2; 07-16-2013 at 06:36 PM. Reason: removed addresses

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    6
    Hi all,

    I am new to this site, so please excuse me if someone has brought this up before, but I started searching for "Lish" in Hollywood and there is a well known burlesque dancer who started out in 1991 or earlier named Catherine D'Lish. There was a huge resurgence of the art of burlesque in Hollywood in the early 90s. I see a lot of posts talking about LEK being a dancer in the past and I am thinking this could make a lot of sense. Here is an article from 1994 about how popular burlesque was in Hollywood in the early 90s.

    I then tried to see if there was a connection between Katherine (Kathy) Jeung and Catherine D'Lish since these names are together in the same area of the paper. To my surprise, there is a connection. They work together as part of a famous burlesque dancer, Dita von Teese's glam team. Kathy Jeung is her make-up artist and Catherine D'Lish is her costume designer.

    I also searched for the phone number under, "These Eyes" and it is now called: VISAGES REPS, INC. 7750 Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90046 (213) 650-8880 Artist\'s Reps / Photography.
    On Catherine D'Lish's site she is asked if she has advice for women who want to get into burlesque and one of the first points she makes is to get good pictures taken.

    Lish Hollywood = Catherine D'Lish http://www.cdlish.com/sub04.html

    Relationship between Catherine D'Lish and Kathy Jeung: http://www.flare.com/celebrity/enter...the-big-teese/

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    562
    Quote Originally Posted by ryager11 View Post


    VISAGES REPS, INC. 7750 Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90046 (213)sub04.html

    Relationship between Catherine D'Lish and Kathy Jeung: http://www.flare.com/celebrity/enter...the-big-teese/
    Excellent work, and your first post! There is a good possibility that they knew LEK. I wonder if they have been contacted by LE? Who would call her "Lish"? Sounds like a nickname used by people who know her.
    Any statement from Kathy Jeung yet? I think this one is close to breaking, but maybe they will never tell us....
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 07-04-2013 at 12:05 AM. Reason: fixed formatting codes

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In the woods
    Posts
    5,307
    Quote Originally Posted by ryager11 View Post
    Hi all,

    I am new to this site, so please excuse me if someone has brought this up before, but I started searching for "Lish" in Hollywood and there is a well known burlesque dancer who started out in 1991 or earlier named Catherine D'Lish. There was a huge resurgence of the art of burlesque in Hollywood in the early 90s. I see a lot of posts talking about LEK being a dancer in the past and I am thinking this could make a lot of sense. Here is an article from 1994 about how popular burlesque was in Hollywood in the early 90s.

    I then tried to see if there was a connection between Katherine (Kathy) Jeung and Catherine D'Lish since these names are together in the same area of the paper. To my surprise, there is a connection. They work together as part of a famous burlesque dancer, Dita von Teese's glam team. Kathy Jeung is her make-up artist and Catherine D'Lish is her costume designer.

    I also searched for the phone number under, "These Eyes" and it is now called: VISAGES REPS, INC. 7750 Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90046 (213) 650-8880 Artist\'s Reps / Photography.
    On Catherine D'Lish's site she is asked if she has advice for women who want to get into burlesque and one of the first points she makes is to get good pictures taken.

    Lish Hollywood = Catherine D'Lish http://www.cdlish.com/sub04.html

    Relationship between Catherine D'Lish and Kathy Jeung: http://www.flare.com/celebrity/enter...the-big-teese/
    Wow! Great to have fresh eyes looking at this. Welcome to the forum! I think this connection is worth sending an email to the investigator. His email address is on the ssa flyer which is the last piece of evidence shown in the Seattle Times article. http://seattletimes.com/html/localpa...eevidence.html

    Disclaimer: Keep in mind that when submitting any information you are doing it as an individual who is interested in the case. Do not mention Websleuths, you are not representing the opinion of the owners of this site.
    Last edited by ClaireNC; 07-04-2013 at 12:27 AM.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast