1165 users online (221 members and 944 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ryager11 View Post
    Hi all,

I am new to this site, so please excuse me if someone has brought this up before, but I started searching for "Lish" in Hollywood and there is a well known burlesque dancer who started out in 1991 or earlier named Catherine D'Lish. There was a huge resurgence of the art of burlesque in Hollywood in the early 90s. I see a lot of posts talking about LEK being a dancer in the past and I am thinking this could make a lot of sense. Here is an article from 1994 about how popular burlesque was in Hollywood in the early 90s.

I then tried to see if there was a connection between Katherine (Kathy) Jeung and Catherine D'Lish since these names are together in the same area of the paper. To my surprise, there is a connection. They work together as part of a famous burlesque dancer, Dita von Teese's glam team. Kathy Jeung is her make-up artist and Catherine D'Lish is her costume designer.

I also searched for the phone number under, "These Eyes" and it is now called: VISAGES REPS, INC. 7750 Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90046 (213) 650-8880 Artist\'s Reps / Photography.
    On Catherine D'Lish's site she is asked if she has advice for women who want to get into burlesque and one of the first points she makes is to get good pictures taken.

Lish Hollywood = Catherine D'Lish http://www.cdlish.com/sub04.html

Relationship between Catherine D'Lish and Kathy Jeung: http://www.flare.com/celebrity/enter...the-big-teese/

EXCELLENT INFO!! Good job! Catherine D'Lish has a FB page...why doesn't someone message her and ask her if she knows her>

I am intrigued that she said her mother's education was "Unknown" on her financial aid application. I am thinking there may be some truth to this.

My gut feeling is that she was raised without a mother.

Facts:

- She had some link to Laciner (K. Laciner?) - she lived in the same apartment complex in Dallas.
    - LEK was a dancer/stripper and had written down Kathleen Jeung and "Lish" Hollywood on her scratch paper.- which probably referred to Catherine D'Lish who was in Hollywood as a Burlesque Dancer. D'Lish still performs today. On her facebook page...it says she is from Seattle, Washington...coincidentally the same city that the SSN investigator theorizes that Lori Kennedy is from.
    http://www.catherinedlish.com/

Does anyone else think it is strange that the detective has not contacted the jeung girl yet or the photo studio?!? It's been almost three years since he got the info!!!!! Geez. I would think you would at least delegate that to an agent under you. It makes me wonder if he contacted ANYONE FROMthat notes sheet. Someone please make a summary sheet of our discovered stuff from that and email him. His email is on the web when you google his office. He is the special agent in charge of the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda9681 View Post
    Does anyone else think it is strange that the detective has not contacted the jeung girl yet or the photo studio?!? It's been almost three years since he got the info!!!!! Geez. I would think you would at least delegate that to an agent under you. It makes me wonder if he contacted ANYONE FROMthat notes sheet. Someone please make a summary sheet of our discovered stuff from that and email him. His email is on the web when you google his office. He is the special agent in charge of the office.
    I like the idea of trying to capture all the great theories and facts that have been discovered in one place and submitting it to the SSA. However, keep in mind that when submitting information to law enforcement, you are doing it as an individual, not as a representative of Websleuths. You can use the wording something like a "group of volunteers that does online research" on missing person cases.

With that said, has anybody already typed out the various words and phrases that are on FLEK's notes page? If so, please post them it so we have a place to start.

FWIW, the SSA opened the investigation in September 2011, which is when they produced the identity-theft suspect flyer. So while she committed suicide almost three years ago, the SSA has been investigating it for less than two years. Also note that the Seattle Times reporters worked on the story for about a year before they published the story. (per the NPR interview).

Here are some comments made during the Live Chat at Seattle Times regarding some of the items on the notes page:
    Regarding the photo studio, we haven't contacted them but we will.
    by Maureen O'Hagan 5:52 PM

These Eyes could have indicated a Photographer since "shoot" was below it. And since Kathleen Jeung was a makeup artist it would make sense her name would be on this list of the Jane Doe. These Eyes is listed as a photography studio: PH Polk was official photographer at Tuskegee University in Alabama for nearly 50 years and served as head of the school's photography department. Anyone check on this?
    by xxxxxxxxxxx 5:52 PM

According to her resume she did photography. One of the telephone numbers led me to a "Visages Photography" in the Hollywood area. Phone 213-650-8880 - has this been checked out?
    by xxxxxxxxxxxx 5:52 PM

Lots of people asking about Kathleen Jeung...We haven't spoken with her, but we'll try to reach her.
    by Maureen O'Hagan 5:43 PM

Has the name Kathleen Jueng been identified or connected to a real person?
    by xxxxxx 5:43 PM

Was any followup done with Kathleen Jeung? She was a makeup artist in Hollywood. Jane Doe seemed to have connections to the LA area.
    by xxxxx 5:43 PM

Did anyone manage to find / contact a Kathleen Jeung, who may be makeup artist (mentioned the scribbled notes page). Also, several of those notes tie her to Hollywood / LA, did any other leads point towards this?
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mandiedq View Post
    The problem with all the theories being shot off in this thread is because it is the only thread for a very complex case. I, too, hope a mod will consider making this a sub forum so several threads can be going on with theories versus facts so we can keep it all straight!

How do we go about asking a mod for this? (Newbie here!)
    Great post, mandiedg! Welcome! I sent a note to some of the mods. The mod team here is terrific! However, IMO it takes a considerable effort from the mod team perspective to get a sub forum situation set up and maintained. Unfortunately, right now, we really only have a handful of people actively participating here. If this story was getting broader media coverage, it would draw in more people.

edited to add:
    @Sidekick, I love it when GMTA! Maybe if we build on your list it will help give the mods a place to start, if they decide to separate this out into a sub forum:

Starting with your suggestions:
    Relations to LeBarons/Chenoweths
    Places Lived
    Possible Careers
    Schooling

I also envision topics such as this:
    Timeline
    Media links and Documents
    Addresses and locations
    Telephone numbers
    Possible matches from missing person databases
    BST and related
    Idaho address
    Nevada Drop Box
    Discussion on images/pictures
    Marfan's and other syndromes
    California connections
    Texas addresses
    Arizona connections
    Yearbook searches
    Letter of reference
    The "note" page (general - such as handwriting, style, organization, hidden meanings)
    With separate threads for individual things on the note page:
    -Ben Perkins, Jr.
    -Jackson/Jack Son
    -These Eyes
    -Laciner
    -Jeung/Lish
    -402 months, 40+, 40.2
    -Hollywood police
    -Library
    -Phone companies
    -The Colorado connection area code 303 phone number
    -etc.
    Resume
    Passport application
    Alternative theories
    etc.

There have been so many great theories and this list is not in anyway complete, just some ideas....
    Last edited by ClaireNC; 07-10-2013 at 05:07 PM.

Here's an attempt at the notes:

I know some of you have found out which businesses currently own some of these numbers, so if you can reply with your info I will add it in. Also feel free to give other interpretations!

Top to Bottom, Left to Right

•402 months/40&2 months (appears to be 3 consecutive, vertical lines under it. Tally marks?)

Circled together: N Holloyood Polce/Pole (North Hollywood Police?)
    818-989-8824

•688-7092 Lib ar y? (Library?)

•Pacific Bell Admin Offices
    811-9000
    $1.85
    (may not be related notes, $1.85 could be related to Laciner note below)

•Records Ben Perkins Jr. Law Office
    201 W Manchester Blvd
    778-5577

OR:

Records
    Ben Perkins Jr.
    201 W. Manchester Blvd

AND, separately:
    Law Office
    778-5577

•Laciner (letters traced over more than once so almost appears bolded)
    356-7300 (818 may be the area code, but she wrote it above the rest of the number)

•Southwester (Southwestern?) Bell Of Greater Dallas (scratched out)

•811-6795 (may go with Southwestern Bell note above OR with the series of numbers listed below, or may be unrelated to either)

•(circled set of numbers, typed as they appear on the note):
    1-800
    811-0690
    213-642-0690 (last number might also be a 2. On the note, this number is actually underlined twice)

•2F4 (? Nearly illegible, scratched out)

•CNA (letters traced over so appears bolded, could be related to other notes, unsure)

•Mountain Bell
    (3 hours less) [her parenthesis, could possibly say 13 hours less]

(The following is a circled set of notes):
    602 Tucson
    Made up 887-2926
    6 PM
    to re (6 pm “to” something? Or 6pm tore/tour?--appears above and to the right)
    Arizona

•ours 303-293-2333 (this is scratched out)

Jennifer Perkins 214 Dallas (all words are scratched out)

•Jack.son (Jack Son? Or Jackson)
    H (H appears under it. So Jackson H.? May not be related, may not even be an H)

•9:00 (scratched out)
    Fled (scratched out. very hard to read) Today (not scratched out. traced over many times.)
    N NOV (traced over. Assume November?)

•(Bottom left of the paper and upside down. Handwriting seems different than the rest of the notes):
    These
    Eyes
    650-8880
    Shoot

•3:00 (related to these eyes note above?)

•(Bottom right of the paper, these notes are grouped together in a box):
    Call 08 (? Hard to read and is scratched out)
    213 (area code?)
    760-6190 OR 460-6190 (number is traced over)
    Los K (appears off to the right)
    Jeung
    Jeau
    Kathleen Jeung Ing Fouk (last 2 words are very hard to read, all is traced over)
    Lish Hollywo- (Hollywood?)
    Last edited by trixandhoney; 07-10-2013 at 07:28 PM. Reason: clarity

Jeung/Lish

There was a page of undated notes found in the lock box in Lori Erica Ruff's closet after her death. http://seattletimes.com/html/localpa...eevidence.html

Here is a link to an image of that page:
    http://seattletimes.com/ABPub/2013/06/20/2021230731.jpg

Here is a thread for discussion of the words or names Jeung and Lish on the Notes page.

I still maintain that the Kathy Jeung thread is something that could give us an idea of who she was. The memory for 25+ years ago will likely be cloudy but you never know what people remember. The fact that she has Kathy Jeung's name written down as a makeup artist for me establishes a presence in LA in the mid 80s (Thinking 84-86). By 1988 KJ was dating singer George Michael and likely on the road and not doing local stuff. In the other thread I posted stories to back this up.

On the other hand, I don't see how Agent Velling wouldn't have already reached out to Kathy Jeung so it could be a deadend.

Found what may be LEK's Pinterest acct. Here is a link. Notice that she has repins from a Lish G!!!!!!

http://pinterest.com/dreamescapes/

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

And she looks like she could be related. Check out the hazel eyes and her nose! Linking to another pic of her on her business FB page

Quote Originally Posted by Crackerjack View Post
    And she looks like she could be related. Check out the hazel eyes and her nose!
    ~~ And... A major crush on Rick Springfield!!
    Also.... Lish with her pin up girls/kat von D etc.

Uhmm....
    Anna Christian Waters Web Page
    www.searchingforanna.com

Anna Christian Water's WS Forum
    www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Search FB: Anna Christian Waters
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/annachristianwaters/

Another link to a photo of Lish. She in on the left. Look at her hands.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Found what may be LEK's Pinterest acct. Here is a link. Notice that she has repins from a Lish G!!!!!!

http://pinterest.com/dreamescapes/
    There is a Lori Ruff on Facebook who has a large collection of Rick Springfield photos. I would guess this is her pinterest account. In looking at the photos, not the same person. (Although she is from Washington.)
    Eternally optimistic!

Hoping to find:
    John Spira (Avatar picture of John)
    Bendetta "Beth" Bentley
    Tionda and Diamond Bradley

I don't understand your response. In looking at the photos, not the same person... In looking at the photos of the Lori on Pinterest, or the photos of Lish? I am not suggesting Lish and Lori are the same person, if that is what you mean. If you are suggesting that you can see profile info for the Lori whose acct I linked, can you tell me how to do this, because I could not figure out how.... Looked like she had to filled out a profile to me. Thanks for clarifying?

I don't understand your response. In looking at the photos, not the same person... In looking at the photos of the Lori on Pinterest, or the photos of Lish? I am not suggesting Lish and Lori are the same person, if that is what you mean. If you are suggesting that you can see profile info for the Lori whose acct I linked, can you tell me how to do this, because I could not figure out how.... Looked like she had to filled out a profile to me. Thanks for clarifying?
    I did a Facebook search for "lori ruff." There are TONS of people with that name. I found one who had a huge Rick Springfield photo collection on her FB account. The pinterest account you linked to also had a huge collection (100+ photos) of Rick Springfield. I am suggesting the FB profile and pinterst are the same owner. The photos of that Lori Ruff on FB are not our Jane Doe.

(P.S. if you quote the persons' post you are responding to, it helps know who you're talking to! I didn't realize it was me at first!)
    Eternally optimistic!

Hoping to find:
    John Spira (Avatar picture of John)
    Bendetta "Beth" Bentley
    Tionda and Diamond Bradley

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast