948 users online (114 members and 834 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Adding to my post above, I realize I didn't post this information in this thread (it is originally in the "notes" thread):

Here is what I found in the 1987 LA phone book.

Last edited by mandiedq; 07-16-2013 at 12:53 PM.
    Eternally optimistic!

Hoping to find:
    John Spira (Avatar picture of John)
    Bendetta "Beth" Bentley
    Tionda and Diamond Bradley

Thanks for reaching out to her, Linda, and thanks to her for responding!
    If it IS both her given name and professional name on the notes page, that seems more to me like LEK was doing her own research ON a certain number or person, rather than her just jotting down the name of a contact (for example, if she was just looking for a makeup artist and someone gave her the name). Just in my opinion, this tidbit makes the notes page more important and less random. Not that I didn't think it was important to begin with.... You guys know what I mean, right?.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTigglesworth View Post
    Thanks for reaching out to her, Linda, and thanks to her for responding!
    If it IS both her given name and professional name on the notes page, that seems more to me like LEK was doing her own research ON a certain number or person, rather than her just jotting down the name of a contact (for example, if she was just looking for a makeup artist and someone gave her the name). Just in my opinion, this tidbit makes the notes page more important and less random. Not that I didn't think it was important to begin with.... You guys know what I mean, right?.
    I agree MrsTigglesworth! I wonder if the reason she was contacting phone companies was to request telephone books from various cities so she could do her research.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

contact with Jeung

OK update! my "contact" has spoken to Jeung. I am so excited I almost cant type!
    Jeung said ( direct quote)

she only met Catherine D'lish in 2005 through Dita von Teese, so she doesnt think the "lish" is her( meaning not d'lish the stripper)

She said Kathleen is her legal name and she NEVER uses it except for legal purposes, as her family doesnt even call her that.

She also had not really "looked" at the full note sheet because she was looking at it on her phone and couldnt make the writing bigger. She said the number looked familiar, and that was "creepy!" So she is going to look at her records to cross check and check with her roomate from the 80s and 90s...as he has a better memory than her!

ACK! by the way, evidently she is SUPER NICE. I wish I had an email to send her the page. I don't think she was really interested until the phone number issue...
    gonna mention the article again so maybe she will sit at a computer and look over the full size note...I don't want my "contact" to creep her out. SOOOOO
    now I am like , well who the heck is the other name at the end of hers???
    Last edited by Linda9681; 07-16-2013 at 03:26 PM.

Jeung in G Michael I Want Your Sex vid:

George Michael - I Want Your Sex (Stereo Version) - YouTube
    Last edited by KateB; 04-03-2015 at 12:35 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda9681 View Post
    yep. that is what she said. Her LEGAL name is Kathleen, not Kathy. I was assuming she meant more at first till I asked her to clarify. She seemed surprised like it was a big secret, lol But I guess it would have to be looked up in the 80s if everyone called her Kathy.. I am still in communication with her. She is pretty busy and only looks at her phone, as I guess most people do now. Heck I only really get on my computer when nobody is home or at work, I never use it when anyone is home because they disturb me too much. I can do the same stuff from my phone.
    Ask her about the Il Seung Jeong.
    Eternally optimistic!

Hoping to find:
    Bendetta "Beth" Bentley

Quote Originally Posted by mandiedq View Post
    Ask her about the Il Seung Jeong.
    lol isnt he the dictator?

Are we looking for Jeung or Jeong??

The names Laciner and Jeung both have foreign roots. Could she, before becoming BST, have helped someone enter the US through marriage? I'm not sure that's a reason for name-changing tho.

I'm about to decide it's better if I don't post and just THINK

If some of the numbers were pager/cells, we won't find them listed.

sorry. I was being silly. the korean names make me giggle a bit. should we ask her about the los K jeau or the ing fouk or...not sure. I wonder if FLEK wrote the K because she asked is it spelled with a C or a K when writing Kathy's name...just a guess.

sorry. I was being silly. the korean names make me giggle a bit. should we ask her about the los K jeau or the ing fouk or...not sure. I wonder if FLEK wrote the K because she asked is it spelled with a C or a K when writing Kathy's name...just a guess.
    I got your humor and I grinned I linked to a page (with different spelling of the name) on another thread and I think I caused Mandiedq to do the same as he used "Jeong" in his question. (sorry Mandiedq!) Or maybe he found something connected to the Jeong name?? I dunno.

yep. that is what she said. Her LEGAL name is Kathleen, not Kathy. I was assuming she meant more at first till I asked her to clarify. She seemed surprised like it was a big secret, lol But I guess it would have to be looked up in the 80s if everyone called her Kathy.. I am still in communication with her. She is pretty busy and only looks at her phone, as I guess most people do now. Heck I only really get on my computer when nobody is home or at work, I never use it when anyone is home because they disturb me too much. I can do the same stuff from my phone.
    ~ Kathy has no doubt met a gazillion people during her career as Makeup Artist/actress. I wonder if you could send her the link from the Seattle Times with all the evidence so she understands where you/(we) are coming from?
    She just may recognize LEK's face/large hands/etc. A name alone may not be enough to jog her memory. The fact that LEK did indeed have her 'given' name and the These Eyes Photo Shoot written down questions the relationship for sure. LEK may have been booked for a shoot with Kathy as the artist working the shoot.... and again, K has met heaps upon heaps of models in her career but this is such a great opportunity to chat with her.
    I hope she doesn't mind too much!
    Anna Christian Waters Web Page
    www.searchingforanna.com

Anna Christian Water's WS Forum
    www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Search FB: Anna Christian Waters
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/annachristianwaters/

I know you don't want to keep bugging her. Since she doesn't have time to look at the note page on a computer, maybe send her the list of things that are written near her name.

Explain that these notes are grouped together in a box:
    Call 08 (? Hard to read and is scratched out)
    213 (area code?)
    760-6190 OR 460-6190 (number is traced over)
    Los K (appears off to the right)
    Jeung
    Jeau
    Kathleen Jeung Ing Fouk (last 2 words are very hard to read, all is traced over, might also be In Seuk)
    Lish Hollywo-
    162.00 (or it might be 167.00 the number is hard to read).

Also might want to ask her about:
    These Eyes
    650-8880
    shoot
    This number (using the 323 area code) traces to the photo agency Visages Rps Inc. (Prior to 1998 it would have been in the 213 area code.)
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaireNC View Post
    I know you don't want to keep bugging her. Since she doesn't have time to look at the note page on a computer, maybe send her the list of things that are written near her name.

Explain that these notes are grouped together in a box:
    Call 08 (? Hard to read and is scratched out)
    213 (area code?)
    760-6190 OR 460-6190 (number is traced over)
    Los K (appears off to the right)
    Jeung
    Jeau
    Kathleen Jeung Ing Fouk (last 2 words are very hard to read, all is traced over, might also be In Seuk)
    Lish Hollywo-
    162.00 (or it might be 167.00 the number is hard to read).

Also might want to ask her about:
    These Eyes
    650-8880
    shoot
    This number (using the 323 area code) traces to the photo agency Visages Rps Inc. (Prior to 1998 it would have been in the 213 area code.)
    Maybe include a couple of the pictures of the younger FLEK/LEK? Maybe her picture will jog her memory, but if she only met her once 25 years ago... she may not remember her, you are right she has met heaps of people and especially that long ago

Quote Originally Posted by fred&edna View Post
    I got your humor and I grinned I linked to a page (with different spelling of the name) on another thread and I think I caused Mandiedq to do the same as he used "Jeong" in his question. (sorry Mandiedq!) Or maybe he found something connected to the Jeong name?? I dunno.
    I am clearly losing my mind.
    Eternally optimistic!

Hoping to find:
    Bendetta "Beth" Bentley

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast