944 users online (191 members and 753 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

402 months, 40+, 40.2

There was a page of undated notes found in the lock box in Lori Erica Ruff's closet after her death. http://seattletimes.com/html/localpa...eevidence.html

Here is a link to an image of that page:
    http://seattletimes.com/ABPub/2013/06/20/2021230731.jpg

Here is a thread for discussion of the numbers and words 402 months, 40+, 40.2 on the notes page.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Just sticking this here, it's from a post of mine that's now in the "Becky Sue and related" thread.

The North Hollywood Police, 402 months thing might be not for her, but someone else. Maybe her father went to prison for 402 months, or a boyfriend, or something. Maybe she committed a crime with an accomplice, who was caught and she wasn't. The accomplice went away for 402 months, and Jane Doe is scared she'll get ratted out, so she flees and creates a new identity? Just brain storming.

Then again, the 402 months doesn't seem necessarily related to the North Hollywood police thing. Maybe it's been 402 months since something important happened? 402 months is a bit over 33 years, so it's not how long she's had the false identity. If this note was written in 2010, 402 months ago was sometime in 1977. Maybe that was when she first left "home" and the people she knew before? Or maybe before she was Lori and Becky Sue, she had another identity, that she took up in 1977. Maybe not one with documents and all, but something other than her real self that she was going as.
    But now after looking at it further, I think it really does look more like 40+, or 40&, or even 40 and a scribble...

It looks like 402 to me.

Quote Originally Posted by killarney rose View Post
    It looks like 402 to me.
    Me too. If you look at the other 2's she's written on that note, they look the same as the 2 in 402.

The 40 is much larger than the 2 months. Could someone or something be turning 40 in 2 months?

40 is written over 3 times (look at the "4") with 3 hash marks underneath. 2 months is written over twice. "40" also appears to be slightly larger than 2 months.

Problem is that neither answer makes much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by TechWriter797 View Post
    The 40 is much larger than the 2 months. Could someone or something be turning 40 in 2 months?
    Good one! Is she noting her real age or FLEK's age, which would be 2010?

There was a robbery/rape in Bethlehem, PA in 1983. The perpetrator was a 20 year old Cuban man who was sentenced to a max of 402 months. The newspaper article says he raped a 19 year old woman, but I cannot find her identity anywhere. Here is a like to the article: http://articles.mcall.com/1984-12-05...endant-robbery

Quote Originally Posted by ryager11 View Post
    There was a robbery/rape in Bethlehem, PA in 1983. The perpetrator was a 20 year old Cuban man who was sentenced to a max of 402 months. The newspaper article says he raped a 19 year old woman, but I cannot find her identity anywhere. Here is a like to the article: http://articles.mcall.com/1984-12-05...endant-robbery
    This incident took place very near the Pa. library that answers to the number in the upper rt. corner of the "notes" page. That's a pretty big coincidence, although coincidences do happen.

This appears to be the only one of two "402 months" criminal sentence that any webslueths have been able to find (sorry, I can't post the links). It is a very odd "sentence" (331/2 years), it doesn't fit any Penal Code guidelines in any state as far as I have been able to determine, and I think it therefore isn't a criminal sentence, no matter how tempting that interpretation might be. And it it very tempting, because what else could "402 months" mean? A mortgage? Maybe...maybe not.

Time Zones

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Razor View Post
    This incident took place very near the Pa. library that answers to the number in the upper rt. corner of the "notes" page. That's a pretty big coincidence, although coincidences do happen.

This appears to be the only one of two "402 months" criminal sentence that any webslueths have been able to find (sorry, I can't post the links). It is a very odd "sentence" (331/2 years), it doesn't fit any Penal Code guidelines in any state as far as I have been able to determine, and I think it therefore isn't a criminal sentence, no matter how tempting that interpretation might be. And it it very tempting, because what else could "402 months" mean? A mortgage? Maybe...maybe not.
    This also makes sense in her time zone calculations from the East Coast to the West Coast where she wrote "3 hours less". Maybe she is from PA?

Quote Originally Posted by ryager11 View Post
    Yeah, that is the article that I found. It stays in the forefront of my thoughts too.

My first thought when I saw how it was situated on the paper near the phone company names was 40.00 for 2 months. A cost of something. Money was probably an issue while she was planning her move to Texas.
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Bethlehem Yearbook?

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Razor View Post

I read that article (http://articles.mcall.com/1984-12-05...endant-robbery) and it does provide the names of the two men (DS and EE) who lived in the apartment with the 19 year old. From another article I found in the same publication after searching EE's name, I found that EE seems to have been 19 or 20 at the time of the rape/robbery/theft. So I thought all three of the roommates may have gone to HS together. I looked for Bethlehem highschool yearbooks (but not surrounding areas) on ancestry.com but the yearbooks for Bethlehem Catholic, East Bethlehem, and Liberty are all from 1976 or earlier. It could be a way long shot, but maybe yearbooks from the late 80s are on Classmates or somewhere else would have a photo of the victim/LEK?

402 hearing, California Civil Court?

Is 402 a red herring?

Hi All,

First time poster here. After reading over this board and several cases, I'll never view missing persons cases the same way again!

Quick thought that may have already been addressed. Is 402 a red herring?

In researching 402, someone has found links to a murder in California in 1984. North Hollywood, gang task force, etc. Good lead.

However, an apparent phone number on the sheet to a library in Pennsylvania has led someone to discover the rape of an unknown victim and the perpetrator receiving 402 months.

Was FLEK doing homework for a potential cover story should she need to explain her ID change? Is it possible she had no actual part in either of these? (In much the same way as she researched Scottsdale, AZ.)

It's sort of like the fact that someone found a Laura Kennedy in Scottsdale, who played basketball, and is not our person. It seems as if FLEK did her homework for her cover (or someone else did it for her). Does 402 belong in the same pile as the Scottsdale phone book pages?

I'm just curious to know if anyone else thought of this. Or if it even pans out as such.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast