581 users online (81 members and 500 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Perhaps FLEK was the victim of the rape. Or perhaps she had been raped by this perp too? Maybe she was a witness at the trial?

She might have been threatened and was scared that the perp or his associates might come after her.

More on 402 as a possible red herring

With two potential crimes associated with 402 months, both of which apparently tie to phone numbers on the note sheet, I'm simply wondering these might be two possible cover stories for her ID switch, should she need one. She could allude to being part of trial in California, or the victim of a Pennsylvania rapist. Neither one might be true. If that's the case, the note sheet could be just about useless, except to demonstrate how she put together a cover story.

FLEK strikes me as a very thorough individual. Yet, upon her suicide she did not destroy the contents of her lock box. Why? Perhaps she felt there was nothing of value in there which would speak about her former life. Perhaps she was right.

Perhaps the box contains documentation of her ID change, including the crafting of her cover stories, but nothing at all to tie her to her past. If that's true, the investigators only real hopes of identifying her would be if someone recognizes her picture.

Again, all speculation on my part. I am not a professional at this. But is it possible 402 is just another fiction to cover her true past or motives?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex01 View Post
    FLEK strikes me as a very thorough individual. Yet, upon her suicide she did not destroy the contents of her lock box. Why? Perhaps she felt there was nothing of value in there which would speak about her former life. Perhaps she was right.

Perhaps the box contains documentation of her ID change, including the crafting of her cover stories, but nothing at all to tie her to her past.
    rsbm - yes! i couldn't agree more. i think there's a really good chance we are holding way more importance to those documents than she ever did. she left an eleven page suicide note and didn't mention her past identity in it anywhere. she didn't leave this box out in the open hoping someone would find it. it was tucked away and likely forgotten. it obviously wasn't some kind of shrine to her hidden past or she would have gotten rid of it. hell, for all we know maybe she did get rid of other documents that were important to her.

Nobody says "402" months.

Notes Page

Quote Originally Posted by chris24 View Post
    Nobody says "402" months.
    I agree with this line of thought that the notes page could merely be a distraction, and/or LEK considered it meaningless, and/or she hoped the notes page author would ultimately recognize it/her.

For example, another 402 candidate (U.S.C. 402):

"Authority"

"The National Security Council was established by the National Security Act of 1947 (PL 235 – 61 Stat. 496; U.S.C. 402), amended by the National Security Act Amendments of 1949 (63 Stat. 579; 50 U.S.C. 401 et seq.). Later in 1949, as part of the Reorganization Plan, the Council was placed in the Executive Office of the President."

Source: Wikipedia, United States National Security Council
    Source: Google web phrase search, 402 nsc nsa

Although this coincidence could be troubling or interesting depending on your perspective, it hardly makes LEK a government code breaker.

On the other hand, as LEK spent a great deal of effort concealing her true/past identities--as many have noted--perhaps she was a secret agent.
    Last edited by LivelyFan; 07-31-2013 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Add one additional possibility

Just throwing this out there-

"Area code 402 is the telephone numbering plan code for eastern Nebraska in the North American Numbering Plan. It was one of the original area codes created in 1947, and served the entire state. In 1954, this area code was split: eastern Nebraska retained 402, and western Nebraska was placed in area code 308....The state's two largest cities, Omaha and Lincoln, are both in eastern Nebraska."

Area codes 402 and 531 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by KateB; 04-03-2015 at 12:25 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    "All your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream—a dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person.” - True Detective

Help Save the Next Girl. http://helpsavethenextgirl.com

Help Find Shane Fell. Http://helpfindshanefell.com

Googled 40-2 and it brought up several hits for Psalm 40:2 & Isaiah 40:2 in the top hits.

"He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand." - Psalm 40:2

"Speak tenderly to Jerusalem, and proclaim to her that her hard service has been completed, that her sin has been paid for, that she has received from the Lord’s hand double for all her sins." - Isaiah 40:2
    "All your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream—a dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person.” - True Detective

Help Save the Next Girl. http://helpsavethenextgirl.com

Help Find Shane Fell. Http://helpfindshanefell.com

Just my opinion, but I am thinking she didn't destroy the items in the lockbox before she committed suicide because the coverup/false identity no longer mattered to her if she wasn't alive. Maybe concealing her true identity was only important to her as long as she was in danger from whatever/whoever she was hiding from. She may not have cared if her husband and his family discovered her true identity following her death. If she was in hiding from someone or from some type of consequences from a former crime, then she couldn't be prosecuted or harmed by anyone after death.

Quote Originally Posted by ktgirl View Post
    Googled 40-2 and it brought up several hits for Psalm 40:2 & Isaiah 40:2 in the top hits.

"He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand." - Psalm 40:2

"Speak tenderly to Jerusalem, and proclaim to her that her hard service has been completed, that her sin has been paid for, that she has received from the Lord’s hand double for all her sins." - Isaiah 40:2
    ktgirl,

Thank you for this post. I find it keenly ironic. FLEK was apparently, at least toward the end of her life, a very religious person. While these passages may have absolutely nothing to do with why 402 (40 2, whatever) was written on the note page, you can see how they just might reflect her relationship with God. I hope this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by ktgirl View Post
    "Area code 402 is the telephone numbering plan code for eastern Nebraska in the North American Numbering Plan.
    That was my first thought as well: a Nebraska connection.

I attended a small Nebraska college in the late 80's. I knew many young women like this. Much of what has been written about her (no discernible accent, dressing matronly yet possibly working as a stripper, very religious, 402, etc.) seems familiar to me. (I wonder how she liked her tea!) At the time, various how to disappear books were circulating on campus.

Someone over at the ST website mentioned Christi Jo Nichols, who disappeared from Nebraska about six months before FLEK shows up in Idaho as BST. Seemed like a good match to me. They don't look exactly alike, but six months, a little makeup, perhaps some minor cosmetic surgery, and the help of people in the know would make it seem likely.

Unfortunately, Christi Jo's DNA is on file with at least one of the major databases. Since FLEK's DNA has been uploaded as well, I'm assuming there's no match and we can rule out, not only Christi Jo, but all other missing persons whose DNA is online as well.

I still wouldn't rule out Nebraska, though I'm sure the investigator has his reasons for doing so.

Re: 402

Now as we know, the fed supposedly found no matches between LEK's DNA and known foreign and American criminals/agents. This is reassuring, given that the NSA, CIA, FBI, etc. have NEVER deliberately lied to and/or deceived us. ;-) har, har, har

Quote Originally Posted by LivelyFan View Post
    I agree with this line of thought that the notes page could merely be a distraction, and/or LEK considered it meaningless, and/or she hoped the notes page author would ultimately recognize it/her.

For example, another 402 candidate (U.S.C. 402):

"Authority"

"The National Security Council was established by the National Security Act of 1947 (PL 235 – 61 Stat. 496; U.S.C. 402), amended by the National Security Act Amendments of 1949 (63 Stat. 579; 50 U.S.C. 401 et seq.). Later in 1949, as part of the Reorganization Plan, the Council was placed in the Executive Office of the President."

Source: Wikipedia, United States National Security Council
    Source: Google web phrase search, 402 nsc nsa

Although this coincidence could be troubling or interesting depending on your perspective, it hardly makes LEK a government code breaker.

On the other hand, as LEK spent a great deal of effort concealing her true/past identities--as many have noted--perhaps she was a secret agent.

I just realized something. Doesn't 402 months equate to a life sentence in some states for some crimes?

Quote Originally Posted by HerStory View Post
    Interesting find...
    I read somewhere that 402 has something to do with federal sentencing but have not looked into it yet...
    Interesting!
    Anna Christian Waters Web Page
    www.searchingforanna.com

Anna Christian Water's WS Forum
    www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Search FB: Anna Christian Waters
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/annachristianwaters/

The following links are from a Spokane Washington case that occurred in 1978 when the perpetrator was about 22 years old. He ultimately faces serving 33 years or 402 months with good behavior credits that were earned. He was originally sentenced to death and there were several appeals that got him down to the 402 months. I also posted a link to his picture and a picture of the kit sap county deputy he killed. I have tried to find relatives as he indicted to the parole board that he still had family in the area that he could live with. I came up with nothing in the area under his last name. He also indicated that he could work because he had inherited a business from his father. It is indicated in appeals papers that he is a JR. Only older person I could find by that name was a man in TEXAS by that name. I am interested in finding out if he had a sister who may have gone to Texas with her father. The age range for her would be close depending on the age difference with the perp and depending on if FLEK was really older than she claimed on the false IDs. I've not been able to dig into Washington State records to determine if there are any relatives out there. Like I said, the people search of that name came up with the older man as the most interesting possible link. But there were a few others by that name, maybe California if I recall correctly.

http://www.theolympian.com/2011/03/1...ap-county.html

http://www.kitsapsun.com/photos/2011...#axzz2cESvmdOI

http://pugetsoundblogs.com/kitsap-cr...#axzz2cETGZPmx

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast