Bull/Cow runaways?

We occasionally have cows ( or horses) on the loose which results in a call to 911. Sometimes it causes an accident and we have a car vs cow incident to deal with.

Hubby and I are first responders and a few years back there was a cow vs car accident, a minor one but somebody needed to round up the few cows that were loose and roaming. Mr Swamp is a skilled cow-rounder-upper, so he went. Well, I didnt feel like going cuz it was the middle of the night and it wasn't a bad accident.

So he hops in the rescue unit/ambulance and is driving it there to get to the scene and dang if he doesn't hit a cow too! :floorlaugh: How in the heck do you respond to a cow call and then hit a cow? Shouldn't you be expecting to see them? Oh we still laugh about that!!

PS. no cows were seriously harmed in either accident. They just walked off where they probably had a great laugh about stupid humans.

DGS and I were talking about cows being loose today (we passed an area were I had seen 3 cows loose). I was telling him how much dangerous it was to hit cows than deer (size). He said that he would rather hit a cow - "then you have dinner!"

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back