1104 users online (229 members and 875 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mandiedq View Post
    And I just submitted it as a possible match.
    Who did you submit to? In addition to the SSA Investigator and Seattle Times reporter, it also needs to be submitted to the reporting agencies mentioned in these links, including NamUs.
    Kim Mallon 1960 California https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/4628 http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mallon_kim.html
    Last edited by ClaireNC; 07-10-2013 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Submitted to NamUs
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Here is the side by side:

And I just submitted it as a possible match.
    I don’t think these two look anything alike.
    1) KM has a very wide forehead, JD doesn’t.
    2) KM’s eyebrows don’t have the peak that JD’s do.
    3) KM has a point to her chin, which JD doesn’t have.
    4) KM’s top lip turns up at the corner when she smiles, JD’s is straight in all her pix.
    5) KM’s eyes have a downward slant, JD’s don’t.
    6) KM has a shorter face from ear to chin than JD does.

Maybe others are seeing things I don't. But someone on ST comments posted a pic of a girl who looks to have lots of freckles and thinks she looks like JD. I just don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by MollyB View Post
    I don’t think these two look anything alike.
    1) KM has a very wide forehead, JD doesn’t.
    2) KM’s eyebrows don’t have the peak that JD’s do.
    3) KM has a point to her chin, which JD doesn’t have.
    4) KM’s top lip turns up at the corner when she smiles, JD’s is straight in all her pix.
    5) KM’s eyes have a downward slant, JD’s don’t.

Maybe others are seeing things I don't. But someone on ST comments posted a pic of a girl who looks to have lots of freckles and thinks she looks like JD. I just don't see it.
    I agree. The eyebrows don't match and the facial shape is different, but the pic of Kim isn't that great either.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by CherBearSTL View Post
    I agree. The eyebrows don't match and the facial shape is different, but the pic of Kim isn't that great either.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
    Keep in mind that one girl is 13 and the other is much older.
    Eternally optimistic!

Hoping to find:
    John Spira (Avatar picture of John)
    Bendetta "Beth" Bentley
    Tionda and Diamond Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by ClaireNC View Post
    Who did you submit to? In addition to the SSA Investigator and Seattle Times reporter, it also needs to be submitted to the reporting agencies mentioned in these links, including NamUs.
    Kim Mallon 1960 California https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/4628 http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mallon_kim.html
    I sent to the NamUs folk. I'll send to the others as well.
    Eternally optimistic!

Hoping to find:
    Bendetta "Beth" Bentley

Questions I have about Kim Mallon:
    1) Is there any connection between Kim Mallon and Mallon Oil?
    2) How does she compare to FLEK in things like, oh, height and eye color?
    3) Was the number written down by FLEK a CNA later issued by coincidence to a company called by coincidence Mallon Oil?
    4) Was Kim Mallon previously discussed on this forum?
    Last edited by Magnum P.E.; 07-10-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Alternative Theories

I just thought of something, perhaps those in the know could weigh in. Since noses and ears grow throughout lifetime, is it the natural progression of her nose over time instead of nose job?

Quote Originally Posted by branwynbreeze View Post
    I just thought of something, perhaps those in the know could weigh in. Since noses and ears grow throughout lifetime, is it the natural progression of her nose over time instead of nose job?
    Our noses are cartilage largely so they continue to get a bit larger with age. It has been speculated that she has had a nose job.

I've personally seen nose jobs that do not heal properly or have been injured during the healing process and become somewhat crooked.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum P.E. View Post
    3) Was the number written down by FLEK a CNA later issued by coincidence to a company called by coincidence Mallon Oil?
    Kim was discussed in the FLEK forum before and she also has her own thread here on WS. CA CA - Kim Mallon, 13, Los Angeles, 30 Sept 1973 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

The picture of Kim is not great quality and she was only 13 when she disappeared. So we are comparing a child's picture (Kim) to adult pictures of FLEK when she was somewhere between 25 to 40+ years old.

I don't remember any direct connection made between Kim and the Mallon Oil/Resources company that had the telephone number written on FLEK's note page, but there are other strange coincidences.

Notice the places and names mentioned in this one post from the Kim Mallon thread: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Kim Mallon, 13, Los Angeles, 30 Sept 1973
    Last edited by KateB; 04-03-2015 at 12:28 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum P.E. View Post
    I tend to think that Mallon Resources and Kim Mallon are just a coincidence, albeit a strange one. OTOH I'm of the belief that no stone should be left unturned.
    Just to give a quick timeline to the number: it is listed as being a CNA number in a publication quoted by Bookman, published in 1984. According to the state of Colorado Mallon Resources was incorporated in July of 1988.

Quote Originally Posted by MollyB View Post
    I donít think these two look anything alike.
    1) KM has a very wide forehead, JD doesnít.
    2) KMís eyebrows donít have the peak that JDís do.
    3) KM has a point to her chin, which JD doesnít have.
    4) KMís top lip turns up at the corner when she smiles, JDís is straight in all her pix.
    5) KMís eyes have a downward slant, JDís donít.

I agree, primarily, the first thing that stands out to me, is that the eyes are completely different, imo.

When browsing through the original Kim Mallon thread here, kpdx wrote in 2012:

Her sister, Lori, was looking for her in 2004. Kim was adopted by her father and stepmother, William and Rosemary Mallon, who married in 1963. William was from Culver City. Although Lori seemed to think they might have moved up to Oregon, I found a divorce record for William and Rosemary from 1976.

Kim's mother's name was Georgia Lytton and she was married to William in Nevada in 1960, roughly the year Kim was born, a marriage which was annulled. Georgia later remarried Ralph Lytton. Lytton was Kim's birth surname.

re: UCLA connection, "Kim was reported missing from UCLA psy. ward after William Mallon dropped her back off. " Based on noted scars on her wrist, I would surmise she was committed after a suicide attempt.

I emailed Lori to encourage her to register her DNA, and also let her know about WS.

I would love to help Kim's sister, who is desperate to find more information, and hope she reaches out here to join our community of excellent sleuthers.

So, I just think the Lori connection is interesting but I will not try to connect with her on FB. I think maybe the Mods are better for that, no?
    Last edited by ATasteOfHoney; 07-11-2013 at 12:04 AM.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

Quote Originally Posted by mrskeev View Post
    I tend to think that Mallon Resources and Kim Mallon are just a coincidence, albeit a strange one. OTOH I'm of the belief that no stone should be left unturned.
    Just to give a quick timeline to the number: it is listed as being a CNA number in a publication quoted by Bookman, published in 1984. According to the state of Colorado Mallon Resources was incorporated in July of 1988.

Found some conflicting information, mrskeev.
    Here is some info on Mallon oil from this site: http://www.twst.com/interview/3124

GEORGE O. MALLON, JR., Chief Executive Officer of Mallon Resources Corporation, began the original basis for the company in 1975-1977, by building an oil and gas exploration business, Mallon Oil Company, of which he was Founder, Chairman and CEO until 1989, when it was combined into Mallon Resources. His career began at IBM in 1966, when it was enjoined by an hiatus of combat duty in Vietnam, where he was a Captain in the United States Marine Corps (1966-1970) and subsequently received the Bronze Star, Purple Heart, Presidential Unit Citation and Vietnamese Campaign Citation. Afterwards he worked in finance, accounting and sales at Monsners, Inc. (1970-1972); in international trade at the International Merchants National Bank (1972); in management and planning as Vice President of New Development at Bel Air Corp. (1972-1975). While attending graduate school from 1975 to 1977, he began creating Mallon Oil Company. Mr. Mallon holds an MBA degree from the University of Colorado, 1977. He is married and has three children. - See more at: http://www.twst.com/interview/3124#sthash.bPHgQaR5.dpuf
    The question is: what if any connection is there between George O. and Kim Mallon?
    Eternally optimistic!

Hoping to find:
    Bendetta "Beth" Bentley

Found some conflicting information, mrskeev.
    Here is some info on Mallon oil from this site: http://www.twst.com/interview/3124

The question is: what if any connection is there between George O. and Kim Mallon?
    Hi mandiedq. I knew about Mallon Oil. Actually in the other thread that was the original name I mentioned when I found a connection between Mallon Oil/Resources and 303-293-2333.
    The following links are from the Colorado Secretary of State website:

The Mallon Oil corporation was formed in 1978

http://www.sos.state.co.us/biz/Busin...73&nameTyp=ENT

Mallon Resources was formed on July 18, 1988

http://www.sos.state.co.us/biz/Busin...22&nameTyp=ENT

The two corporations were then merged in 1989.
    I haven't found anything yet connecting the phone number to the original Mallon Oil corporation however it is listed on many SEC forms under the name Mallon Resources.
    In bringing up the dates of the Articles of Incorporation I was just trying to get a reasonable timeline for the use of that number as a CNA number being listed in the book Bookman quoted.

The former CNA number belonging to a Mallon corporation is interesting, not sure of it's true value.

But, as I noted in the long thread, if you go to that library in PA potentially singled out by the partial phone number, and search for Mallon from the library's address, you find some interesting hits.

Not saying it is or would be a match, but hitting Mallon in CO and Mallon in eastern PA are an interesting coincidence that probably deserves some more investigation.
    Last edited by ChilliPepper; 07-11-2013 at 12:32 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast