799 users online (84 members and 715 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 136 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I have NO idea, but I don't think it was good.
    I got that it was something about their PP or the comp showing on the screen.
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

All my posts are my opinion only.

Quote Originally Posted by cityslick View Post
    I'd expect MOM to seperate the emotion from the facts and evidence. This case should be decided based on the facts and the evidence, not emotion. Not simply because a 17 year old was unarmed and not simply because a 28 year old was armed. Look the the circumstances, look at the facts and evidence.
    That is all good, fine and right but humans are not robots. Just sayin' MOO

IMO, he's boring everybody to death. I've only listened to a few minutes. West would be doing a better job.

He NEEDS to get to the point, to make a memorable statement. What I'm hearing is a lot of nothing. GET ON WITH IT, to the point, these people aren't stupid.
    I think he is doing a good thing.. Explaining what Reasonable doubt is and showing that it is the evidence not the filling in of the gaps that makes the case..
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty2013 View Post
    My belated thanks to MaHouston for posting GZ pictures at the police station, where he looked uninjured, and with a faint rectangle mark on his nose. The mention of recoil is also interesting. in the light of the faint mark

An INNOCENT teenager on his way home has been killed with nothing but a fruit drink and skittles on him. The grown man who shot him dead walked away free until the case caught national attention. The evidence showed no sign of GZ's DNA on TM, no eye witnesses, there were no medical documentation, yet we're asked to believe that TM had repeatedly punched GZ's face and smashed his head against concrete. The dead victim somehow became the villain....IMO
    BBM

This has been the narrative from the state (and those who side with the state) from day one. That is simply the emotion talking. Constantly banging on the fact that TM was innocent, that he was carrying skittles (associated as being something a child would buy, etc). The reality is nobody knows how 'innocent' TM was that night. Being unarmed doesn't make one innocent alone. It doesn't speak to TM's state of mind that night.

This case was brought forth because of emotion, not facts. It shouldn't be decided as such.

I think that his manner is easy to watch and that he is going to lead them softly..

Quote Originally Posted by ?noanswer View Post
    Thank goodness, pundits won't be deciding this case. Most of them are "entertainment" and their views are slanted to keep viewers interested and the ratings for their show high.

The only thing that really matters is what the jury decides.

JMO
    That's why we call them "talking heads". I have NO idea who these people are, just heard the names, and they mean NOTHING to me - just disembodies heads going blah, blah, ad nauseum.

He NEEDS to get to the point, to make a memorable statement. What I'm hearing is a lot of nothing. GET ON WITH IT, to the point, these people aren't stupid.
    he's going over all the legal stuff first so that he can frame his really big argument around what he already told them about the law, IMO.
    "The difference between a stumbling block and a stepping stone is the character of the individual walking the path"~Travis Alexander

This is not exciting talk but I think it's necessary before looking at the evidence or lack thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettScarpetta View Post
    I think he is doing a good thing.. Explaining what Reasonable doubt is and showing that it is the evidence not the filling in of the gaps that makes the case..
    BBM

I would think that being able to understand "reasonable doubt" in legal terms is one of the hardest thing for jurors.

JMO

Quote Originally Posted by katiewonders View Post
    If the evidence for the State's case is not there, you have to be fair. (I just made that up.) MOO
    lol, good morning Mrs. Cochran
    Visit my blog at: www.juror13lw.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mollyandme View Post
    i agree that he's starting off pretty slow. i have a feeling he will build up steam towards the end and have his strongest points towards the end. it kinda seems like he might be going over the law portion first. imo
    It's slow, but I think it's setting up the narrative that this needs to be decided based on evidence, not emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettScarpetta View Post
    I am not worried about the reaction of the people but the influence thinking about it may have on the jury.

I am only concerned about the jury feeling free to make the right decision, not the popular one.

I can not imagine what it feels like to be the last one talking for your client. The one whose words may help save him from prison for a long time or not...
    BBM This is why I ask you not to worry because you, and we, have no part of making this decision for the jury. The jury's got this - whether we like the verdict or not. Don't worry about something over which you have no control, it will help you in life, IMO.

Zoe Bogart is offline Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars
    I'm sure we'll be seeing some action soon. He did bring in a block of cement.
    © My brain is copyright-protected.
    Please pardon any typos. I'm a lousy typist and an even worse proofreader.

Big Brother and the Thought Police have arrived
    1984 by George Orwell (1949)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

He's getting started now. How many 'could of been's have you heard from the state in this case'.

Page 3 of 136 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast