1394 users online (269 members and 1125 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Lori's Occupations

She was religious but she was an exotic dancer at one point??

I am glad to see the news finally picking this story up. And the fact that they believe she is older than she claimed to be is interesting because I have always thought so. According to the birthdate she was using, she and I would be the same age, but she looks quite a bit older. Then again, lifestyle factors and sun exposure could make her look older than she really is.

I wish they would profile her story on one of the really popular TV shows, such as Nancy Grace, because lots of people watch those shows and somebody might come forward who remembers her from way back. The botched nose job could be throwing people off, but I think the younger photo of her would be far more recognizable as her nose doesn't look quite so unnatural in that photo. I'm thinking she probably had a low budget for plastic surgery when she got the nose job and went to somebody who was not a good plastic surgeon. I don't remember if the article said when they thought she had the breast implants done but she may have been able by that time to afford a better surgeon. I'm surprised she didn't have someone redo the nose job but she may have consulted a surgeon about it and there may have been too much tissue removal from the previous surgery for a good revision of it. I wonder if the breast implants were used to further hide her identity or just for appearance. One person who claimed to have known her in the 90s says she was a dancer, so she may have obtained the implants for that purpose.

I sure wish they hadn't cremated her. We might have been able to find out more otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by astridxx View Post
    Here is the comment:

Okay, last shot in the dark (no pun intended)...

My sources say that there was an exotic dancer at the old Night Moves (became Rick's) on Lake City Way N, Seattle stage name Lacey 1985-1987 that fits this woman's M.O. Supposedly she was planning on doing what this Jane Doe eventually did and vanished from the nightclub scene early 1988.

http://www.policeone.com/federal-law...nt/articles/17

Phew...
    from a user named: you are kidding me

$5 says she was the stripper that disappeared.
    They updated the comment to say it was deja vu club, that she was 5'10, dark hair, hazel /brown eyes. That HAS to be a little too convenient, right???? If true, this is a great lead!
    Last edited by MrsTigglesworth; 06-25-2013 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Clarification

Just a comment.

I've found our (WS sleuthing) info to be interesting, and even more interesting are some of the comments to the Seattle Times article. But, I wonder if Mr. Velling now has "substantial" leads that he didn't have before June 23rd?

If Lori was the exotic dancer who wanted to change her identity... maybe someone did actually recognize her?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTigglesworth View Post
    They updated the comment to say it was deja vu club, that she was 5'10, dark hair, hazel /brown eyes. That HAS to be a little too convenient, right???? If true, this is a great lead!

Updated:

Correction: Exotic dancer "Lacey", dark hair, hazel/brown eyes, ~ 5'10 (6'+ in heels), slender, worked at the Deja Vu exotic dancer club between 145th St N and Lake City Way, Seattle WA (not Rick's) from ~ 1985-1987 then "vanished" ~ New Years Day 1988.

same user: you have to be kidding

here is the article referenced: http://www.policeone.com/federal-law...e-strip-clubs/

Quote Originally Posted by kdsmith21 View Post
    I can't pull up the article...?
    Here is the article, and the comments about the dancer are in the comments section for it.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...anedoexml.html

ETA: I see Astrid understood you correctly and posted the other article link

Quote Originally Posted by dogperson View Post
    I am glad to see the news finally picking this story up. And the fact that they believe she is older than she claimed to be is interesting because I have always thought so. According to the birthdate she was using, she and I would be the same age, but she looks quite a bit older. Then again, lifestyle factors and sun exposure could make her look older than she really is.

I wish they would profile her story on one of the really popular TV shows, such as Nancy Grace, because lots of people watch those shows and somebody might come forward who remembers her from way back. The botched nose job could be throwing people off, but I think the younger photo of her would be far more recognizable as her nose doesn't look quite so unnatural in that photo. I'm thinking she probably had a low budget for plastic surgery when she got the nose job and went to somebody who was not a good plastic surgeon. I don't remember if the article said when they thought she had the breast implants done but she may have been able by that time to afford a better surgeon. I'm surprised she didn't have someone redo the nose job but she may have consulted a surgeon about it and there may have been too much tissue removal from the previous surgery for a good revision of it. I wonder if the breast implants were used to further hide her identity or just for appearance. One person who claimed to have known her in the 90s says she was a dancer, so she may have obtained the implants for that purpose.

I sure wish they hadn't cremated her. We might have been able to find out more otherwise.
    This most definitely has the makings of a great Dateline or 20/20 story!

Does anyone have a link to the Exotic Dancer Lacey that was mentioned? The linke provided doesn't come up?

Quote Originally Posted by jodeen86 View Post
    Does anyone have a link to the Exotic Dancer Lacey that was mentioned? The linke provided doesn't come up?
    There was never a link to any news story about a missing stripper named Lacey -- only comments from a user that posted in the comment section of the original article. The article posted is one from 2008 about how SPD shut down 4-5 strip clubs in Seattle for prostitution.

New things learned in the Fox article:
    * Claimed bulimia in 1990
    * Breast implants in 1991
    * Had gene associated with coronary artery disease ( I wonder if they could tell if she had on of the syndromes like Marfans from that?)
    * Claimed she was the only child of a failed stockbroker and his wife, who both died
    * Former BF said she had tons of problems ( I wonder what they were)
    * Was a dancer while in school (that kind of crosses out changing her name to get away from the lifestyle, eh?)

Are there more papers with articles? This one had some differing info from the ST.

Quote Originally Posted by reasonablequess
    Bulimia would explain her messed up teeth and possible veneers (unproven at this point, but suspected based on photos), as well as significant weight changes.
    People with bulimia tend to maintain their weight. Anorexics are the ones who look like skeletons.

More info: Henry Lee Harbison was acquainted with Franklin Delano Floyd who is a known criminal and who kidnapped, molested, and lived with Sharon Marshall. He passed Sharon off as his daughter and then later married her under different alias in New Orleans. Story/timeline here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...07&postcount=4

I think at one time they tested DNA to see if Sheri Lynn was Sharon Marshall. It was not her...and they don't know where Sharon Marshall came from. Sharon Marshall and Sheri Lynn may have had similar childhoods with abuse and molestation.

The family of Freda Denman says that Henry Harbison and his Church of the New Songs gang were experts at FORGERY!

I am thinking the little girl known as Sheri Lynn Johnson had a bad life with the criminals and finally escaped maybe after her dad died and started a new identity. She may have learned how to create ID's and forge documents during her ordeal.

Lori Kennedy was a stripper/dancer...so was Sharon Marshall who had to live with Franklin Floyd before she was killed.

Is Lori Kennedy Ruff = Sheri Lynn Johnson??
    Last edited by KateB; 04-03-2015 at 12:23 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroKitty View Post
    Thank you for that.

i will add that I just stumbled upon this case today due to a link on FB. I read about her possibly having been a dancer, anyone know where that came from?

Also they remarked about her hands. i'm wondering if she has a missing persons out there and it speaks about her hands? identifying marks possibly? Or was she simply worried about her finger prints?

Sounds like a psychotic break but it mentions she might have been medicated for ADD. She was acting like she was on speed as well.
    she said she had been a hand model at one point (can we believe it?) they are definitely very long and noticeable ...

There are actually two parts to the dancer info. One is a stripper named Lacey that was mentioned in the comments of the ST article, that we are not really supposed to delve into on here, but she was apparently missing after 1988 and said she was going to start a new life.

The MSM stripper info is that one of the references on her student loan application was a male who went to school with her and briefly dated her in TX. He said she was a dancer and had more problems than he could handle. He would have only known her as Lori.

Thanks for joining in, astrokitty!

Quote Originally Posted by AstroKitty View Post
    Here's a question:
    What dental work did she have?
    Extensive?
    Minimal?
    Did she have a small pox vaccination scar?
    when were her implants put in?
    Was her surgery done in the states?

How sure are we that she danced in dallas?
    I'll answer a few and then have one for you AK!
    Dental records are not known ( maybe Mr V has not gotten them from family yet). Dentals were not done at death. (DNA came from morgue samples)
    Implants were done in 1991 - no serials as she was cremated. He did not say where they were done
    Dancer info came from her ex/reference (vague)

Question:
    Do you have any idea what clubs would have been in operation in the early to mid nineties in Dallas? I have no idea how to follow that lead, but it is worth a shot..

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTigglesworth View Post
    I'll answer a few and then have one for you AK!
    Dental records are not known ( maybe Mr V has not gotten them from family yet). Dentals were not done at death. (DNA came from morgue samples)
    Implants were done in 1991 - no serials as she was cremated. He did not say where they were done
    Dancer info came from her ex/reference (vague)

Question:
    Do you have any idea what clubs would have been in operation in the early to mid nineties in Dallas? I have no idea how to follow that lead, but it is worth a shot..
    Thank you! The autopsy should have recorded the serial #'s. I'm guessing these were silicone. She had them for a long time then, which is shocking because the reason everyone had to get saline is due to the many cancer patients that had silicone. Silicone just became FDA approved a few years ago.

If she got them in the 90's then I'm assuming she danced in the 90's. I danced in the 90's in Dallas, Vegas, San Fran and Austin (as far as out west is concerned. i lived in NYC). The heavy money was at the Lodge. Anyone who made the list had to meet weight requirements and they definitely sided with the taller, lankier girls. I think BabyDolls was there then and definitely the mens club. I want to say Ricks Cabaret used to be there but I could be wrong. I know I'm right about the Lodge, Baby Dolls and Mens club - I worked at all 3 but Lodge was where the money and great clients were. Your avg night in 1996 take home (after house fees) ranged from 800 -2 grand. easy easy money. It rivaled Vegas at that time (you also have to have a license there) and NYC.

She also could have had an illegal abortion(s) during her dancer/stripper life thus leading to future fertility issues.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast