1031 users online (233 members and 798 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Please Vote: What will the Verdict be in the George Zimmerman Case

Voters
203. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty of Murder in the 2nd Degree

21 10.34%
  • Guilty of Manslaughter

72 35.47%
  • Not Guilty

83 40.89%
  • Hung Jury

30 14.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I go back and forth between guilty of murder 2 and guilty of manslaughter. I think the jury will go with manslaughter. I do not think it should be legal to kill a man, or a boy, because he punched you in the nose. This is my opinion.

Went with NG because I have faith the jury will remove emotion and look at the facts and evidence. I would not be surprised by a hung jury or manslaughter though. A 2nd degree murder conviction is akin to the NG verdict in the CA trial IMO.

I voted not guilty. The state did not meet their burden. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if manslaughter is returned out of emotion. It's close to 50/50 in my mind what the jury will do.

Edited to add my prediction of verdict time. Saturday 3:17 pm.
    Last edited by Smelly Squirrel; 07-12-2013 at 04:41 PM.

Manslaughter was my vote as I think it was proven. NG is what I am afraid will happen

what is interesting is how evenly divided the votes are for manslaughter and ng.

I personally believe he is guilty. I voted HUNG JURY because I have always believed a conviction was impossible in this case due to the political and social overtones.
    DISCLAIMER: The above is my OPINION only. Unless stated otherwise, I neither claim nor imply any inside knowledge or expert opinion about any subject I happen to be discussing. The reader assumes full responsibility for any conclusions my writing might cause them to reach. Warning: may cause drowsiness, do not operate heavy machinery while reading

Wondering if the jurors well be as passionate as the comment have been on the trial thread? Although I voted not guilty, I am beginning to rethink my vote to a hung jury..
    Imo, it was no coincidence that the timing of verdict watch came on a Friday afternoon.

I actually believe he is guilty of 1st degree murder, but that isn't an option that he faces, so I voted guilty of manslaughter because I feel that is the verdict the jury will reach.

I believe he will be found NG, but I think he should be found guilty of at least manslaughter, and I feel he deserves to be convicted of second degree murder.

I personally believe that GZ is GUILTY of 2nd degree Murder, that he snapped that rainy night and flew into a violent rage as he did before on other occasions, but voted Hung Jury because the case is no longer straightforward and the current political, racial and emotional overtones would make a just verdict impossible.

I think they will vote manslaughter, with the addition of an automatic appeal filed by defense due to the last minute addition. After that I think it will get overturned on appeal. After that I have no clue. I would have to wait until we get further into it to form an opinion.

I believe GZ knowingly put himself and others at risk that night. I believe he always knew what he would say if he ended up taking someone else's life. He has shown no remorse. He had many options that night. I do not believe he acted responsibly in regards to his community. If it wasn't Trayvon Benjamin Martin, it could have been any neighborhood teen.

If he is found NG or there is a hung jury....
    People should worry about this reckless man walking their sidewalks and driving their streets. Of course this is my logical/reasoned opinion. GZ is guilty but I believe because of at least juror B-29...it will be a hung jury. If they can come to any agreement, then I believe they will go for Manslaughter.
    Last edited by Just K; 07-12-2013 at 04:03 PM.
    The facts are now buried amongst theory, opinion and rumor.

I voted not guilty because that's what I think this jury will do. If *I* was on the jury, I would go with manslaughter. I feel GZ went out looking for a fight and got what he wanted. I feel no pity for him whatsoever. But that's just my opinion.

I think MANSLAUGHTER but should be Murder because in my head and heart that is what I truly believe it is.
    In the event that I have not linked to a legitimate source, my comments are my opinion only

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty2013 View Post
    I personally believe that GZ is GUILTY of 2nd degree Murder, that he snapped that rainy night and flew into a violent rage as he did before on other occasions, but voted Hung Jury because the case is no longer straightforward and the current political, racial and emotional overtones would make a just verdict impossible.
    ITA!!!! Excellent summation.
    The facts are now buried amongst theory, opinion and rumor.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast