1012 users online (204 members and 808 guests)  

Websleuths News

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha

Tonight 9 PM Eastern Florida Lawyer Richard Hornsby on Tricia's True Crime Radio

Tonight on Tricia's True Crime Radio we welcome our good friend Sheryl McCollum from the Cold Case Investigative Research Institute
    and Florida attorney Richard Hornsby. Check out his website at www.richardhornsby.com

9 PM Eastern tonight listen live by clicking RIGHT HERE

This thread is for questions for Richard Hornsby and Sheryl McCollum only.

Thank you,
    Tricia

He's a great guest. Hornsby through his blog, twitter and wesh.com appearances has been an excellent source of info on Florida law. Also having had cases before JDN, he has a lot to say.

I love Esquire Richard Hornsby, haven't heard him in awhile glad he's alright. Looking forward to hearing the show.
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Go80y20fA
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOGOBT77Xs

Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...eCountry=en_US

RH has been tweeting throughout the trial - I value his insights (ever since the Caylee trial) - he has posted a good deal of information. As a reminder, you don't need to be on Twitter to read his tweets - use your google - "Richard Hornsby twitter" and you can read it - a few other familiar names (Diana Tennis, etc) - worth a look

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    Mark Twain

Question:

Why is the media so "overly distraught" with the verdict? Specifically, the "talking head" legal eagles all seem to be surprised by this verdict, but doesn't this verdict comport exactly with the existing law, the jury instructions and the self-defense claim?

Thanks...

Best-
    Herding Cats
    When you find yourself in the position to help somebody, do not feel burdened. Rather, feel happy and blessed because God is answering that person's prayer through you. In that moment, you are God's Angel - His door to reach through and bring light to someone who is struggling in the darkness.

Be God's Light. Be God's love. Be an answered prayer. Be God's Door.

Quote Originally Posted by Herding Cats View Post
    Question:

Why is the media so "overly distraught" with the verdict? Specifically, the "talking head" legal eagles all seem to be surprised by this verdict, but doesn't this verdict comport exactly with the existing law, the jury instructions and the self-defense claim?

Thanks...

Best-
    Herding Cats
    On CNN the only lawyer who seemed surprised was that "Sunny" woman. Pretty much most of the rest appeared to expect the verdict that was reached.

Zoe Bogart is offline Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars

Smile Richard Hornsby and Michael in Michigan

I just want to say that during the C Anthony trial, he and I went round and round on the boards. After the verdict, I apologized to him. He was right! After the Zimmerman jurors asked their manslaughter question, Richard said it was probably because maybe one or two were on the fence or just wanted more clarification and the others were saying "not guilty" and he then predicted a "not guilty" verdict (on WESH). After he said that, I knew Zimmerman would be found not guilty.

Our Richard really knows his stuff.

By the way, I thought he looked really good.

Also want to say I just love, love, love Michael in Michigan (I think that's where he lives), or is it Minnesota?

He's a wonderful addition to the show. He's sensitive and adds lots of insight. Plus, I love his accent.
    My brain is copyright-protected.
    Please pardon any typos. I'm a lousy typist and an even worse proofreader.

Big Brother and the Thought Police have arrived
    1984 by George Orwell (1949)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Why would Angela Corey circumvent normal procedure and bypass a grand jury in GZ's case? Imo, this should be a red flag for most fair and reasonable thinking people..