1432 users online (315 members and 1117 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GA - Joshua Chellew, 36, beaten by 3 teens, hit by car in Mableton

Where is the rioting and outrage for this crime? How can they say this wasn't racially motivated?? I found out about this thru social media.... You don't hear about ths crime on the news.

The brutal assault of a Mableton man has become a national story, at least on-line, with some web sites and blogs declaring Joshua Chellew was killed because he was white.
    Initially reported as a hit-and-run, police now say Chellew died June 30 after an attack by four black teenagers at a Cobb County gas station.
    According to the arrest warrant, the 36-year-old victim was repeatedly punched and kicked by the youths outside a Chevron gas station. Chellew, who was badly beaten, eventually stumbled onto Mableton Parkway, where he was run over. He died at Grady Memorial Hospital.
    Witnesses told police that the four suspects made no attempt to aid Chellew or stop the approaching vehicle that ran over him. The driver of that car was not charged, said Cobb Police Sgt. Dana Pierce.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/p...motivat/nYpGG/

More at link.....
    The above post is as always MY OPINION ONLY!

from your link georgiagirl

According to the warrant, Chellew flashed blue colors and claimed allegiance to the “Crips” street gang. Three of the suspects were dressed in red, the colors affiliated with the “Crips” longtime rival, the “Bloods.” The exchange was captured on the station’s surveillance cameras.

i jmo accept it as gang related not racial moo

Quote Originally Posted by nao View Post
    from your link georgiagirl

According to the warrant, Chellew flashed blue colors and claimed allegiance to the “Crips” street gang. Three of the suspects were dressed in red, the colors affiliated with the “Crips” longtime rival, the “Bloods.” The exchange was captured on the station’s surveillance cameras.

i jmo accept it as gang related not racial moo
    I was being sarcastic about the racial thing. Hate crimes don't apply to white males regardless of the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by georgiagirl View Post
    I was being sarcastic about the racial thing. Hate crimes don't apply to white males regardless of the circumstances.

Wow. A quick google search will give you a list of white men and their loved ones who would beg to differ.

Prosecutors have their job cut out for them though, because an unfortunate event like this will send race-baiting behavior off the scale.

RIP Joshua

I wonder if the man really was a crip or just flashing colors for some reason. Of course, it has to be the politicians making a big deal for their cause. At least the teens were caught and will pay for causing the man to be run over.

This worries me. Why is there no media coverage? Is the gang info real or just a defense stradegy, or a way to say it was not race related if it was? I was trying to find more about gangs, etc since I know nothing. Are ther really 35 yr old men in gangs? Throwing signs or colors? And why would he do that four on one?
    I did find an article where his aunt speaks about him. Her description makes him sound like a regular joe, nice guy. What is the real story?
    http://www.11alive.com/news/article/...ath-in-traffic
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

give a listen to San Diego scanner or many places, people do go around flashing colors looking for trouble. theres also wanna be gang bangers, and sometimes you just wear the wrong color shirt, in the wrong place, and you are not even in a gang., it can turn out badly.
    http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/6740

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    This worries me. Why is there no media coverage? Is the gang info real or just a defense stradegy, or a way to say it was not race related if it was? I was trying to find more about gangs, etc since I know nothing. Are ther really 35 yr old men in gangs? Throwing signs or colors? And why would he do that four on one?
    I did find an article where his aunt speaks about him. Her description makes him sound like a regular joe, nice guy. What is the real story?
    Yoda, I was wondering the same thing about the age of the victim. I always thought of gang members as being under the age of 25.... There is something very strange about this case. IMO

It seems like the only things that come up on search about this case are from white supremacists sites.....??

I did find this news story....

http://youtu.be/5pjdXTKbMyI

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I don't buy the light flashing story either. Why would he would go flash colors considering he was alone and outnumbered? And what do they even mean by "flashing colors?" Was he wearing a blue shirt or something?
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    I don't buy the light flashing story either. Why would he would go flash colors considering he was alone and outnumbered? And what do they even mean by "flashing colors?" Was he wearing a blue shirt or something?
    Maybe he wasn't very smart? Maybe he wasn't in a gang at all--maybe he was just pretending to himself-a fantasy. Perhaps he thought it would be cool and funny, or maybe he wanted acceptance.

Georgiagirl you are right- the race-baiters and white supremacists come out of the woodwork on a case like this, crying about no justice for the White Man. There are plenty of cases, however, where a hate crime has been charged regarding a white victim.

I can't believe I share the same planet as these animals. Horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousGrace View Post
    I can't believe I share the same planet as these animals. Horrific.
    Oh, I can believe it, but I wish we didn't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    Having worked with a gang suppression unit, I can tell you that "flashing colors" can mean anything from draping a bandana of the gangs' colors from your back pocket to wearing clothes associated with a sports' team the gang associates with. This poor guy may have just been wearing a hat or jersey of a team the gang associates with. You don't have to actually "do" anything to flash colors...just wear them.
    "Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest..." Lloyd Biggle, Jr.

Let's bring Michelle Parker home: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ichelle+parker

All statements made by me are based on my opinion.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/lo...rial/14371033/

Testimony began Wednesday in the trial of four suspected gang members accused of murder.

Officials say the defendants severely beat 36-year-old Joshua Chellew outside a convenience store on Mableton Parkway in Cobb County in June of last year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast