1295 users online (225 members and 1070 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70
Results 1,036 to 1,046 of 1046
    Quote Originally Posted by thenotebook View Post
    One thing that bothers me is that the St Cloud Times website used to have a whole section online dedicated to Jacob's case. I've seen dozens of links to it. However - all the content is gone. The links lead to no where and I can't find the section on their site. Why would they take it down?!? Do they not care anymore or think it's news-worthy??
    On the Times website, if you go to this link, http://www.sctimes.com/section/wetterling

...way at the bottom there is a video showing Aaron Larson. If you click play on that, Sheriff Sanner talks about the case, and also Aaron, part of the 911 call, Jerry, Patty, and video of Jacob.

There is a second video which shows Red Grammer who wrote a song for Jacob. (The 2 videos play in a continuous loop.) This page used to contain a lot more info, pics, and maps, but I think it changed when the Gannet corporation (who owns the Times) added the digital option to our paper this year. A lot of older links were broken and not fixed by them yet. I'm sure once the anniversary of the abduction comes up in a few weeks, there will be articles about Jacob again in the Times and then they will probably add in those older links. A lot of the pictures on the various online blogs about Jacob were originally taken from the Times website, so they are still out there.

Quote Originally Posted by shergal View Post
    (BBM)

Sheriff Sanner, Pam Jensen and Agent McDonald are still active on the case.

"The investigation now lies in the hands of Stearns County Capt. Pam Jensen and Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension Special Agent Ken McDonald.

Both were small-town police officers when Jacob Wetterling disappeared. When they were assigned to the case years later, in the late 1990s, they spent time reading reports and talking to former investigators to get valuable background information.

Information flows freely between Jensen and McDonald. That prevents them from chasing the same lead and allows them to collaborate. They regularly follow leads and talk to those involved."

http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll...=2009110180047

However, LE is under no obligation to give "us" any information to go on.
    I'm well aware that LE is under no obligation to give us information. I'm just frustrated that it's been 24 years and this case still hasn't been solved. I think if they would release even a small breadcrumb of new info, it might generate some new leads. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the last bit of information that was released was back in 2004 when Kevin came forward. Almost 10 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by shergal View Post
    On the Times website, if you go to this link, http://www.sctimes.com/section/wetterling

...way at the bottom there is a video showing Aaron Larson. If you click play on that, Sheriff Sanner talks about the case, and also Aaron, part of the 911 call, Jerry, Patty, and video of Jacob.
    This is weird. When I go to that link I get this error message. I tried using both IE and Firefox.

Error:

I don't know if any of you followed the Alanna Gallagher situation on here. I don't like the term "case" as it sounds so cold.

Anyway, it is amazing how quiet the media and people who knew things were.

Info has come out that is unbelievable. The things that LE knew were quite astounding.

LE has named DR as a person of interest. The public knows this. So, anyone who has info has the opportunity to give it.

After seeing info that LE has had in other situations, I am confident they know plenty. They just don't have enough to convict.

Think of Casey Anthony, That was a no brainer. A two year old missing for 30 days and not reported by the mother. Well, I guess no problem to not mention your toddler is nowhere to be seen.h

Quote Originally Posted by thenotebook View Post
    This is weird. When I go to that link I get this error message. I tried using both IE and Firefox.

Error:

Yes, you get that error message. But scroll to the bottom of the page, and the videos are still there.

We could try to really lay out all of DR's statements regarding that night. I like what was said (was it cGorg?) about the importance of DR's statements on the cars that night. Does DR even have a clear, consistent story on what he did that night? If we could pin down some clear, obvious contradictions and inconsistencies, it would be a pretty good piece of "evidence."

Another thing I've been thinking about. I know there are tons of similarities between Jacob's kidnapper and the guy who took Jared. But another big difference, other than the mask, is that Jacob was with a group of others. Maybe this means nothing. If it was a crime of opportunity, the same guy might have viewed leaving two "witnesses" behind as a risk he was willing to take. Especially because they were kids, and if he was dressed entirely in black with a black nylon mask, he would have been pretty hard to ID in the night.

I don't think it's too big of a stretch to make a big deal of the nylon shergal saw on TV at DR's place. We know the kidnapper is a man. Of course, a perp could get a black nylon sock anywhere. Yet, it's not an item a man usually owns. DR lives with a woman, his mother. He has an opportunity to grab the stocking quickly without even thinking twice about it. Later, he lies about it and says his mother doesn't own stockings. There are some little things there that point to DR.

Do the tires Tracker describes fit any of the Bahner vehicles? I know those cars were discussed somewhere in the thread, but I haven't gone back to re-read.

Do we know if the DR family had any farm vehicles--old trucks, etc., like others have mentioned? And if Jacob was in there, there should have been some evidence. Where did that vehicle end up? Just trying to think through possibilities.

Human,

I'm confused. Are you suggesting DR had something to do with the Alanna Gallagher killing. Didn't that happen in Texas and wasn't someone else arrested?.

Quote Originally Posted by kemo View Post
    Human,

I'm confused. Are you suggesting DR had something to do with the Alanna Gallagher killing. Didn't that happen in Texas and wasn't someone else arrested?.
    Ah, no. The killer is 17 years old. A little difficult for him to pull off the crimes in St. Joseph.

What I was saying is now that the perp has been arrested, we, the public , have learned some things LE knew.

On WS, we were asking why LE appeared to be doing NOTHING!!!! They said ti was an isolated incident. Since no one was named POI, we were thinking how irresponsible it was of LE to say that.

Now that the perp has been arrested, we found out, for example, that LE zeroed in on him right away.

We learned that neighbors and friends gave info to LE. We did not know that until the perp,was arrested.

We found out about horrible things on his cell phone just the other day.

So, I think LE knows plenty. We just don't know

Quote Originally Posted by kemo View Post
    Human,

I think Human was just making comparisons between the two cases???

A note of frustration: has anyone else felt they've reached a wall or a threshold? I seem to have run out of ideas. Where to turn with so many possibilites? I know the truth lies beyond this threshold but do not know how to get there. If DR is the perp, then what is required beyond what is known to prove this? And if DR is not the perp, then how to sift through the myriad maze of possible perps? I wish I had something of substance to contribute but at this point given all that I have read + researched I have nothing more...and more is required to solve this mystery. I am not giving up...just thinking that deeper digging may be required. Hopefully other Websleuthers will uncover some unturned stones which will lead the way. Meanwhile, I will still be thinking as October 22 approaches.

Hopefully a new thread and fresh look will spark something.

Here's thread 6 - MN MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #6 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by bessie; 11-16-2014 at 10:59 PM. Reason: repaired link

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70