LA - Ahlittia North, 6, abducted & murdered, Harvey, 13 July 2013

SurfieTX

Reaction score
Authorities say the mother told police that she and her daughter went to sleep Friday night and when the mother woke up Saturday morning, the child was gone.

Authorities say the front door of the apartment was open and there were no signs of forced entry.

Detectives also determined that several personal items belonging to the child were also missing.
http://www.katc.com/news/authorities-search-for-missing-child-in-harvey/#_

CA73671BE0EBDA5859D053267F0DD0BE_292_292.jpg

What a beautiful child. This is frightening. I hope it was a custody dispute. :praying:

Did she run away with someone? A kidnapper wouldn't stop to take her toothbrush, imo.

What was the situation with her father? I wonder if he wanted more time with her.

Or maybe someone thought Mom was not doing a good enough job?

Did she run away with someone? A kidnapper wouldn't stop to take her toothbrush, imo.

What was the situation with her father? I wonder if he wanted more time with her.

Or maybe someone thought Mom was not doing a good enough job?

I had those very same thoughts. It sounds to me like she chose to take those items with her (out of habit when staying with a friend or family member). It does sound to me like she knew the person who took her. The only thing that is concerning to me is that the officers were kicking down doors of empty/abandoned apartments.

I wonder how long the mother has had that apartment and who else had access to the keys.

With toothbrush and blanket gone, I thought DNA sources, but adding the toothpaste makes me think of a custody situation.

Hope she is found soon.

This is strange. If it was a custody dispute then I highly doubt the father would be collecting toothbrushes etc - he would be getting her out of there ASAP but sounds like she left voluntarily with someone she knew - maybe she was TOLD she was going for a sleep over and took those items with her as she normally would and was kidnapped once she left the premises. Hinky meter rising - the mom heard absolutely nothing? How did they know Mom was completely asleep? JMO.

I would just like to say that I live very close to this area and it is not a good area at all ..in the last week there has been several killings right where she lives. the parish as of right now has a 62% murder rate with 40% of it being from the area this child disappeared from

http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news...ro/-/9853400/20964700/-/15ahdniz/-/index.html

According to the Sheriff's Office, Ahlitta North was reported missing at about 9:11 a.m. Saturday in the 2900 block of Destrehan Avenue in Harvey.

JPSO initially said her name was Ahitta Hill but corrected itself later Saturday.

She was last seen wearing a gray tank top with pink pajama pants and black shoulder-length braided hair,

Hopefully she just went to a friend or relatives house for a sleepover or to play. Praying for her quick return.

If someone let her grab her toothbrush and paste and blanket then it sounds like that person felt relatively comfortable being in that apt for a bit longer. I wonder if there is a babysitter that was fired or an ex bf that came back around that night.

How can they get both the first and the last name wrong in a missing child report? No doublechecking whatsoever?

"The Sheriff's Office says her mother fell asleep with her six-year-old daughter in her company at about 11 p.m. Friday, and when the mother woke up at about 9 a.m. Saturday, the girl was gone."

Now... the mother "fell asleep with the child in her company." That doesn't say that both of them went to sleep. Did mama fall asleep and the girl leave on her own? I wonder if there is any history of substance abuse that would make "mother fell asleep" = "mother passed out" and the girl thought she could walk to a friend or family's house for the night? Not blaming the mom or accusing her of anything, just thinking out loud. I think the girl left on her own. Anyone taking a child for whatever reason isn't going to spend time letting the kid grab things like that, IMO, because if it was that easy to take the child, the girl was comfortable with them and probably would have been excited to see them, etc. and the kidnapper wouldn't want to risk the mom waking up.

:banghead:
"The Sheriff's Office says her mother fell asleep with her six-year-old daughter in her company at about 11 p.m. Friday, and when the mother woke up at about 9 a.m. Saturday, the girl was gone."

Now... the mother "fell asleep with the child in her company." That doesn't say that both of them went to sleep. Did mama fall asleep and the girl leave on her own? I wonder if there is any history of substance abuse that would make "mother fell asleep" = "mother passed out" and the girl thought she could walk to a friend or family's house for the night? Not blaming the mom or accusing her of anything, just thinking out loud. I think the girl left on her own. Anyone taking a child for whatever reason isn't going to spend time letting the kid grab things like that, IMO, because if it was that easy to take the child, the girl was comfortable with them and probably would have been excited to see them, etc. and the kidnapper wouldn't want to risk the mom waking up.

This was my first thought. That maybe mom passed out and the girl called someone to say she was scared, ask them to come and get her. But I'd think if that were the case someone would've called mom by now.

I hope you're safe, honey.

Maybe the child ran off on her own for some reason. Just for example, hypothetically, if she and mom argued about something, and mom fell asleep, and the child grabs her blankie and her toothbrush and leaves the home, leaving the door open. I think a kidnapper would have closed the door.

I always get concerned when I read that a child's step-parent- in this case, step-father- was the first to notice the child is missing. While it's really early yet, this sort of brings to mind the Trenton Duckett case. Some of his belongings were missing too.

I find it difficult to imagine a little 6 y/o would be able to unlock the door, the burglary bars, etc (as step-dad referenced in one of the linked articles) and walk out into the night without either adult hearing anything or noticing. Is it possible some of the items, such as toothbrush, aren't really "missing", but were removed to make it look like something altogether different?

I'm trying to remember another child this young that disappeared with her toothbrush and toothpaste.
Anyone know of one???

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sneetchysneetches