698 users online (83 members and 615 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

LA - Ahlittia North, 6, abducted & murdered, Harvey, 13 July 2013

Authorities say the mother told police that she and her daughter went to sleep Friday night and when the mother woke up Saturday morning, the child was gone.

Authorities say the front door of the apartment was open and there were no signs of forced entry.

Detectives also determined that several personal items belonging to the child were also missing.
    http://www.katc.com/news/authorities...d-in-harvey/#_

Last edited by Salem; 07-17-2013 at 11:51 AM. Reason: added pic
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

According to the Sheriff's Office, Ahitta Hill was reported missing at about 9:11 a.m. Saturday in the 2900 block of Destrehan Avenue in Harvey.

The Sheriff's Office says her mother fell asleep with her six-year-old daughter in her company at about 11 p.m. Friday, and when the mother woke up at about 9 a.m. Saturday, the girl was gone.

Read more: http://www.wdsu.com/jefferson-parish...#ixzz2YwyXQvxL
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

What a beautiful child. This is frightening. I hope it was a custody dispute.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Detectives said one of her blankets, a toothbrush, and toothpaste are also missing.

~~

Authorities spoke to the mother and her neighbors for additional information and are using dogs to help in the search. Deputies were seen kicking in doors at abandoned apartments nearby the apartment where Ahitta went missing.
    http://www.wwltv.com/news/JPSO-Six-y...215376901.html

Did she run away with someone? A kidnapper wouldn't stop to take her toothbrush, imo.

What was the situation with her father? I wonder if he wanted more time with her.

Or maybe someone thought Mom was not doing a good enough job?

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Did she run away with someone? A kidnapper wouldn't stop to take her toothbrush, imo.

What was the situation with her father? I wonder if he wanted more time with her.

Or maybe someone thought Mom was not doing a good enough job?
    I had those very same thoughts. It sounds to me like she chose to take those items with her (out of habit when staying with a friend or family member). It does sound to me like she knew the person who took her. The only thing that is concerning to me is that the officers were kicking down doors of empty/abandoned apartments.

I wonder how long the mother has had that apartment and who else had access to the keys.

With toothbrush and blanket gone, I thought DNA sources, but adding the toothpaste makes me think of a custody situation.

Hope she is found soon.

This is strange. If it was a custody dispute then I highly doubt the father would be collecting toothbrushes etc - he would be getting her out of there ASAP but sounds like she left voluntarily with someone she knew - maybe she was TOLD she was going for a sleep over and took those items with her as she normally would and was kidnapped once she left the premises. Hinky meter rising - the mom heard absolutely nothing? How did they know Mom was completely asleep? JMO.

I would just like to say that I live very close to this area and it is not a good area at all ..in the last week there has been several killings right where she lives. the parish as of right now has a 62% murder rate with 40% of it being from the area this child disappeared from

http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news/...z/-/index.html

According to the Sheriff's Office, Ahlitta North was reported missing at about 9:11 a.m. Saturday in the 2900 block of Destrehan Avenue in Harvey.

JPSO initially said her name was Ahitta Hill but corrected itself later Saturday.

She was last seen wearing a gray tank top with pink pajama pants and black shoulder-length braided hair,

Hopefully she just went to a friend or relatives house for a sleepover or to play. Praying for her quick return.

If someone let her grab her toothbrush and paste and blanket then it sounds like that person felt relatively comfortable being in that apt for a bit longer. I wonder if there is a babysitter that was fired or an ex bf that came back around that night.

How can they get both the first and the last name wrong in a missing child report? No doublechecking whatsoever?

"The Sheriff's Office says her mother fell asleep with her six-year-old daughter in her company at about 11 p.m. Friday, and when the mother woke up at about 9 a.m. Saturday, the girl was gone."

Now... the mother "fell asleep with the child in her company." That doesn't say that both of them went to sleep. Did mama fall asleep and the girl leave on her own? I wonder if there is any history of substance abuse that would make "mother fell asleep" = "mother passed out" and the girl thought she could walk to a friend or family's house for the night? Not blaming the mom or accusing her of anything, just thinking out loud. I think the girl left on her own. Anyone taking a child for whatever reason isn't going to spend time letting the kid grab things like that, IMO, because if it was that easy to take the child, the girl was comfortable with them and probably would have been excited to see them, etc. and the kidnapper wouldn't want to risk the mom waking up.

Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast