LA - WWII vet gets his bike stolen; story goes viral; he gets new bike on same day

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Thanks To Viewers, Veteran Has His Wheels Back. (katc.com)
93-year-old Sgt. Larry Dauterive has a new bike. The army veteran says when he woke up Friday morning, his bike was missing from his garage where it was locked up. The story went viral on our Facebook page, and that's when things got rolling.

It was all a surprise, Dauterive thought he was meeting us for an interview about his stolen bike, but little did he know what was in store.

Dauterive and KATC's Erin Steuber spoke inside his New Iberia home, as everyone outside was getting in place for the big surprise. Perfect strangers raising the money in a matter of minutes to make the moment possible.

"My lord! God a bike! My God beautiful! I don't know what to say.
---
"I called mine Cadillac Jack. It's absolutely identical to what some S.O.B. stole from me," said Dauterive.

Danielle Morgan of Thibodaux was behind it all. She saw the story on KATC's Facebook and sprang into action.
---
"He reminded me of my grandfather. My grandfather rode his bike everyday for however many years until he was 94 and he couldn't anymore. He passed away on Sunday at 99, and I couldn't think of any other way to let his memory live on than do something selfless for someone else," said Morgan.
---
more, with pictures and a video, at link above

Wfogdot posts the most interesting stories. Please, Mr. Dauterive, be careful while riding.

I am so happy for him. I've had 2 bikes stolen from me in the last few months and it really gets me angry that people think they can just take what isn't theirs. I got a new bike now but I am scared to death that this one will be taken, too. These days you have to spend more on your lock then you do your bike. I heard in my town a bike is stolen every minute.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back