Glee actor Cory Monteith found dead in Vancouver

Hollywood Star Found Dead in Vancouver

Shortly after noon today, the Vancouver Police received a call from the BC Ambulance Service regarding a sudden death in a room on the 21st floor of the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel at 1038 Canada Place in downtown Vancouver.

Police attended within minutes of the call and paramedics advised the man in the room was clearly deceased. Coroner’s staff did attend the scene.

The deceased has been identified as 31-year-old actor Cory Monteith, who achieved great fame on the popular TV series Glee.

Before I give further information, on behalf of the Vancouver Police, I want to pass on our condolences to the family, friends, castmates and millions of fans of Mr. Monteith. As was the case in countless homes, I watched Glee regularly with my daughters, and I know there will be shock and sadness in many households with the news of his tragic death.

Mr. Monteith checked into the hotel in July 6th and was due to check out of the room today. There were others with Mr. Monteith in his room earlier last night, but video and fob key entries show him returning to his room by himself in the early morning hours and we believe he was alone when he died.

When he missed his check-out time, staff went to the room at noon and found his body.

We know there will be considerable interest in this case, and we have detectives assigned to the case who attended with our Forensic Identification Unit to examine the scene, to ensure to the extent possible that there are no unanswered questions.

Hotel video has been secured as well as room access records. Our investigators have spoken with hotel staff, who are providing the utmost in cooperation.

An autopsy is schduled for Monday. The Coroner will be determining the next steps with respect to establishing cause of death, but all indications are that there was no foul play.

http://mediareleases.vpd.ca/2013/07/13/hollywood-star-found-dead-in-vancouver/

I just saw this on my FB feed... my husband and I are shocked and heartbroken :(

So young and talented.

Stronger than ever! Beaming Lea Michele holds on tight to boyfriend Cory Monteith as they continue to move forward after his spell in rehab

By Jennifer Pearson

PUBLISHED: 16:37 GMT, 21 June 2013 | UPDATED: 16:37 GMT, 21 June 2013

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ntinue-forward-spell-rehab.html#ixzz2YzrTn0Jy
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I can't imagine what the young one's who watch Glee will think about this. Some have their own struggles and to think someone so famous is gone. In Australia if there is a sad story, the newspapers print the telephone numbers of all crisis support lines. Usually at least 3 crisis lines.

I just heard this news from a friend (who was friends with him). I am so upset.

what a weirdly personal 4th paragraph in that press release ...

This is so personally shocking because I spent the afternoon helping my daughter prepare for her huge audition for GLEE on Monday. She was very excited about this opportunity. I called her tonight and said ' don't be surprised if the casting agent cancels' the audition. It is going to be tragic and chaotic at that office on Monday. And very sad and depressing. WHAT A SHOCK.

Oh I'm fine, I didn't know him. I'm really upset for my friend though, she's not doing so well. Thanks for asking though. It's always upsetting to hear news like this, know what I mean?

Oh Cory :( I've just woken up to this, which gave me a weird flashback to waking up to the news about River Phoenix.

RIP

This is seriously the worst day ever. This, and Kyle Massey has cancer, and Casey Anthony is probably pregnant. Ugh!!

RIP Cory. So very sad. Such a young, talented man.

This is seriously the worst day ever. This, and Kyle Massey has cancer, and Casey Anthony is probably pregnant. Ugh!!

Kyle has cancer???? Awwww no, he is one of the sweetest kids in the business. That is awful.

An hour after Monteith’s death was announced, a statement was released by the “Glee” executive producers and 20th Century Fox TV, stating: “We are deeply saddened by this tragic news. Cory was an exceptional talent and an even more exceptional person. He was a true joy to work with and we will all miss him tremendously. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and loved ones.”

http://globalnews.ca/news/716041/breaking-hollywood-actor-found-dead-in-vancouver/

Kyle has cancer???? Awwww no, he is one of the sweetest kids in the business. That is awful.

I know, so sad. He's trending on Twitter right now & I was wondering why. That's how I found out.

What?! I'm beyond shocked......
This is just so sad, not what I expected to see when I logged in :(

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

It's heartbreaking. Such a talented and wonderful actor gone so young. I feel a bit silly because I'm gutted. :( my thoughts are with all who knew, loved and watched Cory.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back