Robert Mayer

White Male
6' to 6'1"
200 lbs.
Hair - Brown
Eyes - Green
Currently unshaven

Nickname - Rob

Left hand, middle finger was slightly chopped off tip – has nail, but middle finger is shorter -
Clothing - Probably wearing blue or gray collared polo with J.C.Electrical logo,
jeans, Black work boots, possible baseball cap, ray ban sunglasses

No ID, no Wallet

Robert Mayer went to work June 14, 2013. He was seen at work with his car. He was last seen at a scrap metal yard around 2:15. His car – a 2004 red Pontiac GTO- was located the next day, Saturday, June 15 at 8:30 p.m. at the Deer Park Train Station, a few miles from the house. Roberts family states that he never takes the train as he drives to and from work. His car was found abandoned at Deer Park train station His family says that Robert has never stayed away from home.Robert does not have identification on him, as his wallet was found at home. He has not been seen or heard from. His case remains unsolved.

If any information Please contact

Suffolk County Police Department
631-697-6186

Thread #1

Please continue here and remember the rules. You can find them right here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community AND don't overlook these!!!!

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

MINORS: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed.

Thanks,

Cat

Bringing this over:

My theory is RM met with foul play, I have my suspects based on what little info we have.

Most is rumor and hearsay.
There is too much conflicting info with little to back it up.
Are we to go with MSM or rumors.

It's been reported by MSM that police found the car, do I go with that?
I firmly believe the bike would not fit in his car, so without more confirmation about his biking habits, it's a non issue for me.

I still don't know when and where his wallet was found and if anything was removed, nothing has been confirmed IMO.

The neighbor's video needs more confirmation, otherwise hearsay to me.

:moo:

O/T: I just noticed on FB that someone stated, as fact, that Arrow Scrap "owns" Arrow Electronics. It would be very hard for me to believe that the owners of a mom and pop company like a scrap metal yard would ever be able to own a corporation the size of Arrow Electronics.

It's also not possible. Arrow Electronics is a publicly traded company. Perhaps the owner of Arrow Scrap owns a few shares?

The things people post without verifying!

Monday, July 15, 2013, and approximately a FULL month since RM has vanished without a trace!

I joined this forum because this particular case was right in my back yard, and I really enjoyed reading the posts here. It's a great group of people with some really in depth knowledge. A tremendous job by all!

I am not leaving the forum, I will continue reading it quite often. However, unless further information is released, at this point there sadly really isn't much left to post. Everyone on here has come up with just about every theory imaginable based on the "facts" we are given.

While I get the fact that solving any crime can be frustrating, unless some more solid details are given out, I feel like it's becoming fruitless to proceed.

Most of the "facts" we do have are very conflicting. I am a sucker for details, and believe the answers are always in the details, but we don't get solid details, we get generalized information.

I understand the family owes us nothing, but even the few things they have released are either evasive, or too general and not concrete enough. IM or The family can come public with a lot more details which would GREATLY assist in helping find her husband while still protecting her family.

There is an answer to every problem, mystery,etc..... but you need some FACTS, or CLARIFICATION of the few facts we do have, to get to it.

Here's another far fetched scenario:

Perhaps RM's drug of choice is MJ. This would be far more likely than any other illegal drug, IMO, given my, ahem, intimate knowledge of his demographic. Perhaps his car stood out a little too well at his pickup location so thought he would ride his bike. .

Many think the bike wouldn't fit in the back of the car but I beg to differ, again, given my intimate knowledge of shoving a bike in the back of a smaller car (take the front wheel off, shorter bike). Mountain bike wheels usually can be removed easily with a lever so tools are not required.

So maybe he got his fun money at the scrap yard, went home to pick up his bike, parked his car in a location that he was very familiar with and then rode his bike to pick up a package.

And then the bad guys got him.

Easy come easy go. Just debunked my own theory. There would have to have been communication between dealer and buyer and we apparently don't have that on his phone.

Oh well. I tried.

Easy come easy go. Just debunked my own theory. There would have to have been communication between dealer and buyer and we apparently don't have that on his phone.

Oh well. I tried.

Don't be so quick to debunk yourself! ;)

Wasn't there texting going on that NCNY couldn't elaborate on?

Oh well. I tried.

Unless he had another cell phone. ��

As far as I'm concerned, the only facts I have are:
RM went missing 6/14
last seen at work around 12:30
phone was pinged @1:45
phone went to voicemail @2:30/3:00
Media: car was found by police the next evening at station.

eta: Media states this ia not a criminal case.

To me, all else is hearsay and rumor. :twocents:

My opinion only.

Thank you Blondie! :)

As far as I'm concerned what NCNY has shared with us is not rumour.

:seeya: Hi Jerry
Just wanted to say so many cases here on WS have not been solved. Then something breaks on the case and us posters come back. Then nothing again. Its a vicious cycle.

Justy on Thread one -Post 21 -RM friend posted a map of his route home. Why did friend end with a Bayshore address?

Does anyone know??

Justy on Thread one -Post 21 -RM friend posted a map of his route home. Why did friend end with a Bayshore address?

Does anyone know??

Pine Aire Dr is the exit on the Sagtikos pkwy for the train station.

Snipped:

Monday, July 15, 2013, and approximately a FULL month since RM has vanished without a trace!

I joined this forum because this particular case was right in my back yard, and I really enjoyed reading the posts here. It's a great group of people with some really in depth knowledge. A tremendous job by all!

I am not leaving the forum, I will continue reading it quite often. However, unless further information is released, at this point there sadly really isn't much left to post. Everyone on here has come up with just about every theory imaginable based on the "facts" we are given.

Nice post! Agree! We just don't have privy to all that LE has access to in a case like this - computer, cell phone records, social media, interviews with people, forensics, and surveillance cams... (what did I miss?)

Pine Aire Dr is the exit on the Sagtikos pkwy for the train station.

That's another thing that always bothered me. Why is this stated as his most likely route?

That would be his most likely route if he went to the train station directly from the scrap yard, or wherever he was coming from.

If he was going directly home, he would go past that to LIE west, stay on the service road and get right off, and make a left onto Commack Rd.

All of these cases seem to hit a wall after the initial weeks. After that, we either continue to post and analyze what we know, or sit back and wait. There really isn't any other option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member