15 July: St. Swithin's Day

Nice cover of the Billy Bragg song:
[video=youtube;o-XA7p8NiAQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-XA7p8NiAQ[/video]

According to the St. Swithin's lore, my little area will be experiencing for the next 40 days temperatures in the lower- to mid-90s, along with periodic systems of storm cells navigating northeastern Oklahoma skies and the occasional cloudburst now and again.

According to the St. Swithin's lore, my little area will be experiencing for the next 40 days temperatures in the lower- to mid-90s, along with periodic systems of storm cells navigating northeastern Oklahoma skies and the occasional cloudburst now and again.

Are you sure it's not pronounced St. Swfgodotin's day?

Georgia reached 90 degrees for the first time this summer. It has been 40 yrs. since Georgia has not reached temperatures above 90 degrees for the summer months. In the meantime the western parts of the states have reached temperatures well into the 90's which has started fires in some areas causing homes to parish. A cold front is working it's way down from Canada which should cool things off in the top eastern states. In the mean time I hope the states which are suffering sweltering heat get some relief soon. There is only about 8 more weeks left of summer and we should all start feeling the cooler weather.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back