739 users online (104 members and 635 guests)  

Websleuths News

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha

MA - James Donald Lusher, 16, Westfield, 6 Nov 1992

Starting a thread for James Donald Lusher 16.

Missing since 1992

Here is his profile:

James Donald Lusher Missing

Authorities are going to announce new developments in the case

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/15...est=latestnews

Thank you PMLsMom for the heads up.

Tricia
    Last edited by KateB; 04-05-2015 at 10:09 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    Help our Administrator Bessie
    Check out Websleuths Facebook page
    Follow Websleuths on Twitter
    Read Websleuths on
    Wikipedia

Tricia Griffith
    triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

Serial killer Lewis Lent is responsible for Lusher's disappearance and authorities will be searching a pond in Becket, MA.

http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/news/crime/m...murder-da-says

This was long suspected in Western MA but it's a good to have a definitive answer in Jamie's case.

Hopefully this works...only 27 miles between Westfield, Blandford and Greenwater Pond in Becket, MA:

ETA - Map didn't come over, gotta learn how to do that...Trying again...and it worked

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=w...=h&mra=ls&z=11

And I just read the profile Trisha posted above, and cannot BELIEVE a father would say something like this about his son:

"Lusher's father does not believe Lent was necessarily involved; he says Lusher was disliked by many people in Westfield and may have been taken by one of them."

If I would have read this before the announcement today, HINKY meter would be off the scale...JMO
    Proud WS N-LIB

The search of the pond begins today and will continue for 3 days and, if needed, on the divers' free days after.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.s..._river_default

Police begin searching W.Mass. pond for body of Westfield teen missing since 1992

http://www.therepublic.com/view/stor...Case-Westfield
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

Jamie is mentioned in this article.
    Cold Case Expert Offers Thoughts on Unsolved Local Murders
    By Joe Durwin
    Pittsfield Correspondent
    03:26AM / Monday, July 21, 2014
    The cold case expert also offered some perspective on a new confession by Berkshire County child-killer Lewis Lent, who last year claimed to Hampden County authorities he was responsible for the 1992 Westfield disappearance of James "Jamie" Lusher. Lent, a former North Adams resident, was arrested in 1994 and convicted with the 1990 murder of James Bernardo in Pittsfield and the 1993 murder of Sara Anne Wood of Herkimer, N.Y.
    According to Lent's confession, the body of Lusher was deposited in Becket's Greenwater Pond, although a three-day search by 18 divers was unable to uncover any remains.
    Jamie has been missing for 22 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by PMLsmom View Post
    Hopefully this works...only 27 miles between Westfield, Blandford and Greenwater Pond in Becket, MA:

ETA - Map didn't come over, gotta learn how to do that...Trying again...and it worked

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=w...=h&mra=ls&z=11

And I just read the profile Trisha posted above, and cannot BELIEVE a father would say something like this about his son:

"Lusher's father does not believe Lent was necessarily involved; he says Lusher was disliked by many people in Westfield and may have been taken by one of them."

If I would have read this before the announcement today, HINKY meter would be off the scale...JMO
    This and the father's not-so-nice description of his child as being a "moody, immature teenager" is not behavior consistent to that of a grieving parent. I don't think he had anything to do with his son's disappearance, though.

If thats how his dad spoke of him, I would not be surprised if he ran away. I dont believe he ran away, but I could see how he may have wanted to. I truly hope he is off living his life and just wants nothing to do with his past however unlikely that may be. Jamie, if you have already passed away, I hope you hear my prayer for you tonight.
    In case the rambling text doesnt give it away... all posts are my opinion only and only for use on WebSleuths!

Jillian shared this today in Sara Wood's thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...993&p=11763890

Update: Lewis Lent case revived with search of Grelock Glen
    05/11/2015
    http://www.berkshireeagle.com/local/...len-area-mount
    ADAMS >> Police investigators are combing a section of Mount Greylock for leads related to the case of convicted child killer Lewis Lent Jr., officials said on Monday.

Officers will concentrate their efforts on areas not searched previously in the Glen area of Mount Greylock in Adams, according to a release from the office Berkshire District Attorney David F. Capeless.

Massachusetts State Police spokesman David Procopio said law enforcement from both Massachusetts and New York are searching an area at he base of the mountain,

"Lent is suspected of homicides in both states for which victim remains have never been found, and recently developed information suggested that area be searched," Procopio wrote in an email. He declined to elaborate.
    Investigators are asking anyone who may have witnessed past suspicious activity or who may have information pertaining to the Lent investigation to contact Massachusetts State Police Detectives at (413) 499-1112.

Those involved in the search include Massachusetts State Police Detectives assigned to the District Attorney's Office, Massachusetts State Police Tactical Operations, the Berkshire County Sheriff's Office, the Berkshire County Law Enforcement Task Force, including the Adams, Pittsfield, Great Barrington, Williamstown and Dalton Police Departments, the Massachusetts Environmental Police and members of the New York State Police.
    much more at link.

Dive teams search for missing teen

http://www.westernmassnews.com/story...r-missing-teen

State police dive teams were back searching a small pond in the Berkshires for the remains of a Westfield teen who disappeared nearly 25 years ago.

The case involves convicted serial killer Lewis Lent who admitted to killing 16-year old Jamie Lusher of Westfield.

Lent told investigators he left the boy's body in the pond.

The search Wednesday was actually a training exercise between Massachusetts State Police and New York State Police dive teams.

It was a training session with a dual purpose of also looking for the remains of the missing teen.
    Dive teams spent three days in July of 2013 searching the pond but did not find any trace of Jamie Lusher.

Authorities emphasize today's search was not the result of any new evidence in the case, but instead a scheduled training exercise that included the Jamie Lusher case.