MA MA - James 'Jamie' Lusher, 16, Westfield, 6 Nov 1992

Hopefully this works...only 27 miles between Westfield, Blandford and Greenwater Pond in Becket, MA:

ETA - Map didn't come over, gotta learn how to do that...Trying again...and it worked :)

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...UOg4RXyA&oq=greenwater+pond,+&t=h&mra=ls&z=11

And I just read the profile Trisha posted above, and cannot BELIEVE a father would say something like this about his son:

"Lusher's father does not believe Lent was necessarily involved; he says Lusher was disliked by many people in Westfield and may have been taken by one of them."

If I would have read this before the announcement today, HINKY meter would be off the scale...JMO

Jamie is mentioned in this article.
Cold Case Expert Offers Thoughts on Unsolved Local Murders
By Joe Durwin
Pittsfield Correspondent
03:26AM / Monday, July 21, 2014
The cold case expert also offered some perspective on a new confession by Berkshire County child-killer Lewis Lent, who last year claimed to Hampden County authorities he was responsible for the 1992 Westfield disappearance of James "Jamie" Lusher. Lent, a former North Adams resident, was arrested in 1994 and convicted with the 1990 murder of James Bernardo in Pittsfield and the 1993 murder of Sara Anne Wood of Herkimer, N.Y.
According to Lent's confession, the body of Lusher was deposited in Becket's Greenwater Pond, although a three-day search by 18 divers was unable to uncover any remains.

Jamie has been missing for 22 years now.

Hopefully this works...only 27 miles between Westfield, Blandford and Greenwater Pond in Becket, MA:

ETA - Map didn't come over, gotta learn how to do that...Trying again...and it worked :)

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...UOg4RXyA&oq=greenwater+pond,+&t=h&mra=ls&z=11

And I just read the profile Trisha posted above, and cannot BELIEVE a father would say something like this about his son:

"Lusher's father does not believe Lent was necessarily involved; he says Lusher was disliked by many people in Westfield and may have been taken by one of them."

If I would have read this before the announcement today, HINKY meter would be off the scale...JMO

This and the father's not-so-nice description of his child as being a "moody, immature teenager" is not behavior consistent to that of a grieving parent. I don't think he had anything to do with his son's disappearance, though.

If thats how his dad spoke of him, I would not be surprised if he ran away. I dont believe he ran away, but I could see how he may have wanted to. I truly hope he is off living his life and just wants nothing to do with his past however unlikely that may be. Jamie, if you have already passed away, I hope you hear my prayer for you tonight.

Jillian shared this today in Sara Wood's thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Anne-Wood-12-Frankfort-18-Aug-1993&p=11763890

Update: Lewis Lent case revived with search of Grelock Glen
05/11/2015
http://www.berkshireeagle.com/local/ci_28092617/lewis-lent-case-revived-search-glen-area-mount
ADAMS >> Police investigators are combing a section of Mount Greylock for leads related to the case of convicted child killer Lewis Lent Jr., officials said on Monday.

Officers will concentrate their efforts on areas not searched previously in the Glen area of Mount Greylock in Adams, according to a release from the office Berkshire District Attorney David F. Capeless.

Massachusetts State Police spokesman David Procopio said law enforcement from both Massachusetts and New York are searching an area at he base of the mountain,

"Lent is suspected of homicides in both states for which victim remains have never been found, and recently developed information suggested that area be searched," Procopio wrote in an email. He declined to elaborate.
Investigators are asking anyone who may have witnessed past suspicious activity or who may have information pertaining to the Lent investigation to contact Massachusetts State Police Detectives at (413) 499-1112.

Those involved in the search include Massachusetts State Police Detectives assigned to the District Attorney's Office, Massachusetts State Police Tactical Operations, the Berkshire County Sheriff's Office, the Berkshire County Law Enforcement Task Force, including the Adams, Pittsfield, Great Barrington, Williamstown and Dalton Police Departments, the Massachusetts Environmental Police and members of the New York State Police.

much more at link.

Dive teams search for missing teen

http://www.westernmassnews.com/story/33728367/dive-teams-search-for-missing-teen

State police dive teams were back searching a small pond in the Berkshires for the remains of a Westfield teen who disappeared nearly 25 years ago.

The case involves convicted serial killer Lewis Lent who admitted to killing 16-year old Jamie Lusher of Westfield.

Lent told investigators he left the boy's body in the pond.

The search Wednesday was actually a training exercise between Massachusetts State Police and New York State Police dive teams.

It was a training session with a dual purpose of also looking for the remains of the missing teen.

Dive teams spent three days in July of 2013 searching the pond but did not find any trace of Jamie Lusher.

Authorities emphasize today's search was not the result of any new evidence in the case, but instead a scheduled training exercise that included the Jamie Lusher case.

still missing:

lusher-jamiepng-0b7c0e8412b378f8.png

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/06/110_missing_children_from_mass.html

Bumping up case.
Summary below from the Charley Project website:

Details of Disappearance:
Jamie was a special needs student enrolled at Westfield Alternative School in Westfield, Massachusetts in 1992. He planned to ride his gray-green Huffy mountain bicycle from his father's residence in Westfield to his grandmother's house in Blandford, Massachusetts on November 6, 1992. He planned to view a bicycle race in Blandford.
The trip was approximately 12 miles. Jamie never arrived as was expected.

A server employed at Friendly's Restaurant in Westfield told authorities that Jamie visited the establishment on November 8, two days after he initially disappeared. A hunter discovered his bicycle abandoned near a pond in a wooded area of the city on November 11. The bike was brand new; Jamie had gotten it for his birthday three weeks before his disappearance.

Authorities drained the pond and conducted an extensive air and ground search, but no evidence related to Jamie's whereabouts was located. He has never been heard from again. Authorities and his family initially believed he was a runaway, but they no
longer believe he left of his own accord.

Convicted murderer Lewis S. Lent Jr. was placed near Westfield at the time of Jamie's disappearance. A photo of Lent is posted below this case summary. Lent was charged with the murder of another Massachusetts child, as well as the 1993 New York disappearance of Sara Wood. Lent confessed to abducting and killing Sara, but recanted his statements afterwards. He was convicted of her
presumed homicide at a later date.

In July 2013, authorities announced Lent had confessed to Jamie's murder in detail. Authorities stated they didn't plan to prosecute Lent, as he is already in prison for life. They initiated a search for Jamie's body in Greenwater Pond, which is 88 acres in size and up to 58 feet deep in places.
After three days they couldn't find any human remains or any of Jamie's clothing or belongings, but they haven't given up hope of locating his body.

Jamie's parents were divorced in 1992 and he lived with his father; they had a troubled relationship. His father described his son as a moody, immature teenager who disliked school and had few friends. Foul play is suspected due to the
circumstances involved in Jamie's disappearance.

Investigating Agency
Westfield Police Department: 413-562-5411

His NamUs profile:

Jamie was a vulnerable kid who deserves a proper burial and, if harmed, justice. I hope he was not a victim of a predator. I wonder about the possibility he was lost in the area where his bike was found and passed away from misadventure? Was the wooded area large enough for that possibility? That would be so tragic but better than him being a victim of foul play. Just my opinion/thoughts.

Nov 7, 2013

Identifiers​

Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Is everyone for sure for sure it was this random SK who may be confessing to get attention or privileges?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back