930 users online (160 members and 770 guests)  

Websleuths News

Dead woman's home filled with snakes, other tough critters

Tarantulas and scorpions and poisonous snakes, oh my.

Animal Control officers found 66 of these and other creatures, including a millipede and an ill-tempered gecko, in the home of a 48-year-old Albuquerque woman who died Thursday, officials said.

"Animal Services arrived and found several extremely dangerous snakes that could immediately kill a person," said Denise Wilcox, associate director of the East Side Animal Care Center, noting in particular a few cobras in the collection.

Police were called to the woman's home in Southeast Albuquerque Thursday for a natural death, so they can't give the woman's name or address, said Officer Trish Ahrensfield, an Albuquerque Police Department spokeswoman.

"They're doing an autopsy, but we don't know anything else," Ahrensfield said. "There were no signs of trauma, although the primary officers don't look for things like snake bites."

The animals included a monocled cobra and a shield-nose cobra, a bird-eating tarantula, a Southeast Asian Tokay gecko, three African frogs and a few poisonous scorpions.

"The monocled cobra - that's a scary animal right there," said Ray Darnell, director of the Albuquerque Biological Park, keeping himself a safe distance from the glass tank holding it.

These are not animals you'd want around the house," Darnell said. "All these tarantulas are interesting, we only have four in the biopark. We might be interested in the gecko, too. The cobras, though, those are nasty. We got rid of those at the zoo, because they're too dangerous

http://www.abqtrib.com/albq/nw_local...670543,00.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    Tarantulas and scorpions and poisonous snakes, oh my.

Animal Control officers found 66 of these and other creatures, including a millipede and an ill-tempered gecko, in the home of a 48-year-old Albuquerque woman who died Thursday, officials said.

"Animal Services arrived and found several extremely dangerous snakes that could immediately kill a person," said Denise Wilcox, associate director of the East Side Animal Care Center, noting in particular a few cobras in the collection.

Police were called to the woman's home in Southeast Albuquerque Thursday for a natural death, so they can't give the woman's name or address, said Officer Trish Ahrensfield, an Albuquerque Police Department spokeswoman.

"They're doing an autopsy, but we don't know anything else," Ahrensfield said. "There were no signs of trauma, although the primary officers don't look for things like snake bites."

The animals included a monocled cobra and a shield-nose cobra, a bird-eating tarantula, a Southeast Asian Tokay gecko, three African frogs and a few poisonous scorpions.

"The monocled cobra - that's a scary animal right there," said Ray Darnell, director of the Albuquerque Biological Park, keeping himself a safe distance from the glass tank holding it.

These are not animals you'd want around the house," Darnell said. "All these tarantulas are interesting, we only have four in the biopark. We might be interested in the gecko, too. The cobras, though, those are nasty. We got rid of those at the zoo, because they're too dangerous

http://www.abqtrib.com/albq/nw_local...670543,00.html
    Oh my gosh! A bird eating tarantuala is HUGE! The largest spider, by far, of any of them! As big as your dinner plate, about 14". What the heck was she feeding it?

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

prolly birds.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for pretending to be someone I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdieBoo
    prolly birds.
    What, she tossed it chickens? lol!

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight
    What, she tossed it chickens? lol!
    chicken wings....
    I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for pretending to be someone I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdieBoo
    chicken wings....
    lol

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

I have a hunch this woman didn't get a lot of unwanted visitors! I didn't catch it, but were these animals loose?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight
    Oh my gosh! A bird eating tarantuala is HUGE! The largest spider, by far, of any of them! As big as your dinner plate, about 14". What the heck was she feeding it?
    14 inches! you men and your exaggerations

Diner plate is 10 - 11 inches on average.. still a freaking big spider.