1116 users online (160 members and 956 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IL - Gizzell Ford, 8, brutally murdered, Chicago, 12 July 2013

What a tragedy! This poor girl was handed over to this evil witch after being taken away from her mom. Her father lived in the same house, but article says he was bed-ridden.
    The injuries this child had turned my stomach

CBS) -- A Chicago grandmother has been charged with strangling her 8-year-old granddaughter to death in the family's apartment CBS Chicago reports. The body of the girl, Gizzell Kiara Ford, reportedly showed evidence of child abuse, including cuts, burns, and blunt force trauma to the head.

Helen Ford, 51, was ordered held without bond Sunday, according to the report. She is facing first-degree murder charges. The girl was found dead Friday morning.

Maggots in the lacerations on the girl's head had hatched while she was still alive and spread to the front of her scalp, authorities said.

The girl reportedly had cuts to her face, ears, and lips, bruising and puncture wounds, ligature marks on her ankles and wrists, and circular burn marks similar to cigarette burns. Authorities recovered a pole, twine and cables from the home, some of which had blood on them, prosecutors said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...-grandaughter/

And she has the nerve to cry in that mugshot?? Seriously? I wonder how many times she told poor Gizzell not to cry when she was beating her?

The excuses started as far back as Easter. Relatives said there always seemed a reason why they couldn't visit 8-year-old Gizzell Kiara Ford, who was living with her grandmother.

"Gizzell can't talk, she's in the shower or on punishment. It was an excuse every time we called," said Gizzell's uncle, Osvaldo J. Mercado.

When they examined the home for evidence, police took a pole, twine and cables, some of them smeared with blood. In the bedroom where the girl was found, investigators found blood splattered near her body, Pillsbury said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,4895614.story

This "Grandmother" needs to die. And the "bedridden' father, what's up with that? Didn't he ask/demand to see his daughter? Obviously he is also culpable!

Poor little girl. God bless her.

Words fail me. They just do. I have tears in my eyes, and a heavy heart just reading this..

Oh my god, the horror!

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

There were TWO OTHER children in this home. And --no prior-- contact with CPS. Did NOBODY AT ALL see what was going on?

Holy moly. I despair for humanity, some days.

I'm in tears for this poor girl. I can't wrap my brain around how anyone could cause pain to a child. RIP Gizzel.

May sweet Gizzell have the peace and love she's always deserved and may the monster who did this to her never have another moments happiness. I don't understand people anymore.

I am more angry right now than sad. Why or why not here... Can't concerned relatives go to the front door and barge in if they are concerned?

I feel angry that afterwards people say to reporters that they were concerned.

Any news on the bed ridden father?

OMG...this is sooo horrific and so sad.

That article just stunned me.

She was 8 and had siblings and relatives.....HOW?????
    Just my opinions (and I have been wrong before)!

pinkfly

PLEASE let this "woman" NEVER see the light of day again.

What she did was evil. Just plain. pure .evil.

Grandmother charged w/strangling 8 yr old grandaughter

Posting a news report that I haven't seen. It describes wounds to the buttocks. I think this Grandmother is covering for someone. She is not innocent at all but feels justified as she wasn't the only one hurting this precious child.

Her neck showed signs of hemorrhaging and fractures and broken cartilage, Pillsbury said. The girl also suffered deep lacerations to her buttocks and had ligature marks on her ankles and wrists, as well as circular burns on her body that may have been cigarette burns, Pillsbury said.

End quote.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-76673136/

I want to see more reports about the father that was residing at the home.

I normally work with 10-12 yr old kids but this year I had a chance to work with the 7 and 8 yr. olds. This story would've bothered me anyway but, it's even worse after spending 6 hrs. a day with roomfuls of kids this age. Even the jaded ones are more trusting and just want to be seen as good kids. Knowing this makes this case disturb me more than most.

OMG WTH This is one time I wouldn't say police brutality if she showed up bruised up from the LE station. What I wonder about is if the father is bed ridden and was abused by her also? Is that why he is bed ridden? She is a monster who deserves to suffer for what she inflicted on this angel. I am raging about this!!!

Some lawyer will come alone and defend her on "insanity" and she'll live the rest her life in a prison, while this girls young life was taken so brutal! What a horrible way to spend such a short life. The pain and misery this baby went through, even still alive she had maggots living in her open wounds. Thank God she is in a better place!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast