752 users online (110 members and 642 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light

WI - Darius Simmons, 13, shot to death, Milwaukee, 31 May 2012

Jurors were selected Monday in the case of a 76-year-old white man charged with gunning down a 13-year-old black boy last year on a Milwaukee sidewalk over a theft allegation.

Spooner suspected Simmons of breaking into his Milwaukee home and stealing guns, prosecutors said. Spooner confronted the teen on the sidewalk two days after the weapons came up missing and demanded that he return them. When Simmons denied stealing anything, Spooner shot him in the chest from five feet away as the teen's mother watched, according to the criminal complaint.

Spooner then fired a second shot as Simmons tried to run away, the complaint said. Police recovered a weapon and two spent bullet casings.

An autopsy found that Simmons, who was unarmed, suffered a gunshot wound to his torso. The bullet exited his back.

http://host.madison.com/news/state-a...83da3f03b.html
    Last edited by Salem; 07-16-2013 at 10:26 AM.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

He's going to plead innocent on the grounds of mental impairment. This is a fairly prominent case in Milwaukee, partly because of LE's actions after the shooting.

Police had forced the teen's grieving mother, Patricia Larry, to sit in a squad car for more than an hour rather than let her hold her dying son or join him at the hospital. Officers also searched the mother's home for the allegedly stolen firearms, which were not found, and they arrested another one of her sons on a year-old truancy violation. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3600984.html

Details and lots of pics:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-Simmons.html

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    I feel so bad for the mom. Not only did she lose her son but she SAW him killed. Just horrifying.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

He needs to spend the rest of his natural life in Prison! And, the mother needs to SUE!! Sue him and the Police Dept.

IMO

im convinced nothing will be done and the guy will be acquitted.
    Rest in Peace John 08/09/86-04/24/2014.

Husband, father and son. I miss you and so does your son.

Let's stay on topic here, guys. I've removed several posts comparing this to the Martin case. The facts are completely different. So let's not cross over, okay?

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by EGirl View Post
    He needs to spend the rest of his natural life in Prison! And, the mother needs to SUE!! Sue him and the Police Dept.

IMO
    Suing everyone isn't going to bring her son back.

Bad things happen in life. It's horrible that anyone has to go through that, but, unfortunately, bad things happen.

We have become such a sue-happy society.

Quote Originally Posted by oh_gal View Post

Bad things happen in life. It's horrible that anyone has to go through that, but, unfortunately, bad things happen.

While I agree with you, whoever thought it was a good idea to hold the mother for questioning for close to two hours while her son was dying right in front of her needs to see some sort of repercussion, whether it be he loses his or her job, or is sent to some SERIOUS sensitivity training, something needs to go down to make sure that never happens again.

What happened to that woman is on par with some emotional torture practices and I'd be amazed if she doesn't get lasting psychological damage from that, if you look through some other threads you'll see that people can get PTSD from a lot less.

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    This is horrible.
    Video at link. But it's very disturbing.
    Poor kid didn't have a chance.

http://m.jsonline.com/more/news/crim...215749441.html

Video submitted at trial shows John Spooner shooting Darius Simmons
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post
    This is horrible.
    Video at link. But it's very disturbing.
    Poor kid didn't have a chance.

http://m.jsonline.com/more/news/crim...215749441.html

Video submitted at trial shows John Spooner shooting Darius Simmons
    Oh. My. Gosh. That is so disturbing.

That poor kid! He must have been terrified!!

Justice for Travis

I don't even understand why there is a trial. His defense is he didn't intend to kill him? What???

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    I don't even understand why there is a trial. His defense is he didn't intend to kill him? What???
    He's claiming mental illness.

Justice for Travis

A Milwaukee mother couldn't contain her tears yesterday as she described the horrifying moment her white neighbor allegedly shot dead her son, a black 13-year-old, in front of her eyes after he accused the boy of stealing guns from his house.

According to her testimony, Larry ran after her son and found him on the ground with only a light pulse in his neck.

'Then I pulled his shirt up and I (saw) he had a bullet hole in his chest,' she testified tearfully. 'He took one more breath and that's it.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...black-son.html

Justice for Travis

Quote Originally Posted by oh_gal View Post

I am anti sue in 99% of situations. This was cold blooded murder and the police dept treated her and her dead son like the criminals here.

This is EXACTLY the case that screams for civil and criminal action.

JMO

Quote Originally Posted by EGirl View Post
    I am anti sue in 99% of situations. This was cold blooded murder and the police dept treated her and her dead son like the criminals here.

This is EXACTLY the case that screams for civil and criminal action.

JMO
    Completely and totally agree

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast