1001 users online (145 members and 856 guests)  

Websleuths News

Woman is informed by federal agency that she's alive

The IRS wouldn't allow her to file a 2004 income tax return because she was dead. So while money had been withheld from her paychecks, she couldn't file to get a refund.

Turns out that because of a typographical error her social security number had been switched with that of a dead person. Lausch says she has received a letter from the Social Security Administration, informing her of her revived status.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/biz...Psn_alive.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

My parents once received a refund check from the government for 1 cent (00 dollars and 1 cent). They framed it and put it in their living room.
    This is my opinion, and change is good.

LOL my father was once told my sister didn't exist (she was by then 16) when he attempted to claim her on his taxes.

They had to go to court to prove that she did and does.