Page 1 of 32 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: MI - Brenna Kathleen Machus, 20, Romulus, 16-July-2013 *ARREST*

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

MI - Brenna Kathleen Machus, 20, Romulus, 16-July-2013 *ARREST*

July 16, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Man found dead in Dearborn store, woman missing

Serena Maria Daniels /The Detroit News

Dearborn ó Police are investigating the shooting death of a man found Tuesday morning inside a Family Dollar store and the disappearance of a Romulus woman, who is believed to be in danger in connection with the manís homicide...

Missing is Brenna Kathleen Machus, 20. Police believe she is in danger. They would not say whether Machus knew the victim and it also was not clear if he worked at the store...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz2ZEQJ6dDo

Dearborn police investigating robbery-homicide at Family Dollar store

Scene is on Michigan Avenue near Outer Drive

Author: Halston Herrera, Senior News Editor for ClickOnDetroit.com, hherrera@wdiv.com

Published On: Jul 16 2013 10:49:35 AM EDT Updated On: Jul 16 2013 01:32:03 PM EDT

DEARBORN, Mich. -
    A 20-year-old man has been killed during a robbery at a Dearborn Family Dollar store and his co-worker is missing...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/d...q/-/index.html

Joe Friday is offline "Son, no matter how you slice that, that's dangerous."
    Story must be updated.

Now saying both the homicide victim and Machus who is missing both worked at the store.

Body was found when employees came in to open. Store was in disarray.

According to the article, she'd just started working there a week ago.

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to amandab For This Useful Post:

Not much luck finding a fb page for her. But I'm not that good at finding anything on that site.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Joe Friday For This Useful Post:

I wonder if LE tried calling her cell phone. If they could get a ping off that it might lead them right to her.

JMO

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Joe Friday For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Friday View Post
    Not much luck finding a fb page for her. But I'm not that good at finding anything on that site.
    I've looked, too, and info about Jimmy Hoffa shows up because he went missing from the Machus Restaurant.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Police search for woman missing in wake of murder at Dearborn dollar store

Posted: 12:35 PM
    Last Updated: 1 hour and 9 minutes ago

DEARBORN, Mich. (WXYZ) - Dearborn Police are searching for a missing 20-year-old woman who is believed to be in danger.

Brenna Kathleen Machus is from Romulus. she is missing in the wake of a murder at the Family Dollar Store on Michigan Avenue.

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...#ixzz2ZEYxUMZ0

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Here's her Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/brenna.machus

She's wearing the same sweater in the article here (http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/d...q/-/index.html) as a photo on her page.
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

14. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Dearborn Police Alert

Tuesday July 16th, 2013 :: 12:30 p.m. EDT

Alert
    Dearborn Police are asking for assistance regarding Homicide Investigation at Family Dollar Store.

July 16, 1013
    Homicide Investigation/Family Dollar Store

13-37811
    Dearborn, Mi-- Dearborn Police are investigating a homicide which occurred at the Family Dollar Store located at 22631 Michigan Avenue during the evening of Monday, July 15th...

Police are currently seeking Brenna Kathleen Machus, a 20 year-old white female of Romulus, MI. It is believed that she may currently be in danger and anyone who knows of her whereabouts or who saw or communicated with her since Monday, July 15th, should contact Dearborn Police immediately at (313)943-2241...

http://local.nixle.com/alert/5033748/

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

How Sad! I hope they find her safe and she is not another victim...

Thanks for the updates and links..

~
    Unwritten--I'm undefined... I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned..."

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Guinevere For This Useful Post:

I wish that there were more details available about Brenna's disappearance. How long has she been missing? Was she working last evening when the store was robbed and her co-worker murdered? If so, did she try to escape but was pursued by the perp/s?

Local news on WDIV (Channel 4) at 4:00. I'll definitely be tuned in for an update.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about surveillance/security camera footage by now......

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to amandab For This Useful Post:

Lots of businesses in that area. I wouldn't think it would be too hard to come up with some surveillance video.

Google Map https://www.google.com/maps?q=&layer...ed=0CCsQxB0wAA

The Family Dollar store I would imagine has video recording equipment too.

JMO

24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Joe Friday For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by amandab View Post
    I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about surveillance/security camera footage by now......
    That would be great! Unfortunately usually we hear the story "they were broken" or "not working" at the time. Gosh I hope thats not the case here

~
    Unwritten--I'm undefined... I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned..."

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Guinevere For This Useful Post:

Was she taken to eliminate an eye witness or is she maybe involved in this in some way?

Seems strange that if the perp(s) are willing to kill one, why didn't they kill her also.

JMO

28. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Joe Friday For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Friday View Post
    Was she taken to eliminate an eye witness or is she maybe involved in this in some way?

Seems strange that if the perp(s) are willing to kill one, why didn't they kill her also.

JMO
    Perhaps they thought they might need a hostage in their "get away"???

~

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Guinevere For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Guinevere View Post
    Perhaps they thought they might need a hostage in their "get away"???

~
    Taking hostages during a robbery is not very common. Hostages can cause more problems by drawing attention to the situation.

JMO

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Joe Friday For This Useful Post:

My PC is running really slow so I'm having trouble loading up some of the news sites.. do any of them mention the person Brenna might be with? I put her name into public search on Facebook and search engines and her uncle is on a forum making an appeal. He says she may be in a Chevy Yukon.

(not sure if I can link the forum but it's http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-Find-My-Niece)
    Justice for Jennifer

can you hear it coming, Remy?

Rest in peace Danielle and Tammy

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wolf Dreamer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Dreamer View Post
    My PC is running really slow so I'm having trouble loading up some of the news sites.. do any of them mention the person Brenna might be with? I put her name into public search on Facebook and search engines and her uncle is on a forum making an appeal. He says she may be in a Chevy Yukon.

(not sure if I can link the forum but it's http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-Find-My-Niece)
    No mention yet of who Brenna might be with - only that she is likely in danger. Hopefully, there will be more information on Channel 4 news at 4:00.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

I think she was an eyewitness and they took her so she couldn't speak. Hope I'm wrong!
    Whilst being on Websleuths makes me more aware of what evil there is in the world, it also reminds me that the best people are among us as well.

Love you all!

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rachaellouise For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rachaellouise View Post
    I think she was an eyewitness and they took her so she couldn't speak. Hope I'm wrong!
    Why not just killer then. They already killed the other employee.

Hopefully this robbery is not related. Seems four males broke into a house, beat and sexually assaulted the victim.

Perhaps if these are the same perps, taking Brenna was sexually motivated.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/video?cl...autoStart=true

40. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Joe Friday For This Useful Post:

For those who are not local, here's the live stream link for Channel 4 news at 4:00:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/-/1719...f/-/index.html

42. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Oh God, please protect Brenna. I am so tired of things like this happening.

44. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to 5CentsWorth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Dreamer View Post

To go one step further it says "the male companion" is Arabic and this companion killed one of her co-workers. Strange wording for a robbery suspect if Brenna didn't know the perp.

Has anyone else looked at Brenna's pictures on her fb page? Not sure if the male she is kissing is Arabic or not.

Link to fb page: https://www.facebook.com/brenna.machus

JMO

If you see her possibly with an Arabic male in a Chevy Yukon, please call the police immediately.
    The male companion killed one of her co-workers and should be considered armed and dangerous.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-Find-My-Niece

46. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Joe Friday For This Useful Post:

Lead story on Channel 4 news: Brenna was an assistant manager at the store. Police believe that she was abducted from the store last night when her co-worker was murdered. Massive search underway by Dearborn Police.

That's it for now.

48. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 32 1234567891011 ... LastLast