850 users online (158 members and 692 guests)  

Websleuths News

Woman dies during English Channel charity swim

Susan Taylor, 34, collapsed near the end of a 21-mile crossing from England to France about 5:30 p.m. Sunday, according to a report from The Independent.

"Whilst attempting to swim the English Channel yesterday my sister, Susan collapsed suddenly in the water. She was immediately recovered from the water and treated on the support boat. She was then air lifted by helicopter to a hospital in Boulonge. Susan tragically passed away," the posting on the Create a Ripple Channel Swim Facebook page said........

Geoff Ellis, chief executive of Rainbows Hospice, praised Taylor's fundraising efforts in an interview with the BBC.

"Susan was a wonderful woman who would do anything for anybody. She has been a much-loved ambassador at Rainbows for over two years, helping out at events and tirelessly fundraising for us," Ellis was quoted as saying.

More at link....

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

So tragic!

I think it was her brother or brother in law, who tried to revive her.
    My opinion and nothing but my opinion.

Tor:Con Index link below. Will show you the probability of a tornado happening in your area.

FEMA's link for Emergency Supplies list below or what you need to survive for three days in case help is not immediately available to you.

You can also purchase a weather radio which will inform you of severe weather even if your electricity goes out. Runs on batteries of course.

Chicago burbs
    Very, very sad. A tragic loss. Praying for Susan's family and friends.

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.