GUILTY AZ - Lola Stout, 73, found dead in van full of abused animals, Phoenix, 14 July 2013

How horrible! To leave your wife and mother like that and not get her medical care. Article says most of the animals will have to be euthanized. No excuse...the 'men' all look they came out of a cave....maddening!

Police said additional charges in the woman's death are possible.

Horrific. This link has photos of the poor animals which includes a pigeon. Warning.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Quartz...-animal-elder-abuse-in-Phoenix-215621131.html

Bless this poor woman. The family is homeless and was staying in the van in Quartzsite, Arizona. The brothers and dad gave different stories just to when the poor lady passed.

What a world. What a country. Two old folks homeless on the road. BTW, I looked them up and none of these folks ever lived in Arizona. They lived in California.

If you are homeless, why would you have so many animals?
A sick mother and a long trip?
Why not just park the van and live in it?
Where did they have money for gas?
Who could live with the smell?
Well now they get A/C, 3 meals a day and hopefully deloused!

If you are homeless, why would you have so many animals?
A sick mother and a long trip?
Why not just park the van and live in it?
Where did they have money for gas?
Who could live with the smell?
Well now they get A/C, 3 meals a day and hopefully deloused!

passionflower, who knows? They said they were trying to relocate to Phoenix I think?

That Quartzsite has a huge flea market. No pun intended. Maybe they sold the animals there?

The only thing I could find was someone with the name of the one brother filed for bankrupcy at some point. Even if that was him? It's a miracle the Pop made it.

There for the grace of God go I, but I pray I wouldn't drag my mom around in a van with animals, feces, food, and spiders weather she was dead or alive.

I really do not understand animal hoarders. I've read the literature, ofc. But no matter what explanations there are for it - I will never truly comprehend what makes people collect other living beings only to watch them suffer, starve and die...

Animal abuse/hoarding - even a conspicuously large number of animals relative to the available income/living space - NEEDS to be some kind of official red flag that elders or children in the care of those people need urgent assessment for abuse.

The hell is wrong with people... is my summed-up response.

According to Google Quartzsite to Phoenix is 129 miles. 1 hour and 51 minutes.

(I'm not from the area and had to look it up.)

How horrible and disturbing! I'm heavily into animal rescue and I've seen a lot of bad things but this has to be about the worst. These people have to be mentally ill or emotionally disturbed. I feel worse for the animals than for the people because the animals had no choice. And the mother/wife had schizohrenia according to the article, so she may have been psychotic and not known what she was doing or what they were doing.

They look like they all may be more than a little "off"

Ewe! Yuck how gross!!

I agree Linda7NJ, they all do look "off" and pretty dirty too! Yuck!

Ewe! Yuck how gross!!

I agree Linda7NJ, they all do look "off" and pretty dirty too! Yuck!

I really do think that needs to be taken in account. It's not like they were staying at the Hilton while mommy was locked in the van. IMO they were all suffering.

Reactions: nao
From November 2013:

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...-man-to-be-sentenced-for-abuse-in-wifes-death

A man who admitted to abuse in his wife's death in the back of a filthy van carrying 35 emaciated animals has been sentenced to two years of probation.

From December 2013:

http://www.azfamily.com/story/28374980/men-get-probation-for-abuse-in-mothers-death

Two men who admitted to abuse in their mother's death in a filthy van carrying 35 emaciated animals were each sentenced to two years of probation.

Alan C. Stout and Gregory Randy Stout received the sentence Monday after their earlier guilty pleas to vulnerable adult abuse and animal cruelty...

She was my aunt. She was very mentally ill. She kept away from the family and I only seen her once or twice when I was younger. From what I know she was in and out of mental hospitals all her life.

She was my aunt. She was very mentally ill. She kept away from the family and I only seen her once or twice when I was younger. From what I know she was in and out of mental hospitals all her life.
A very sad case no matter how you look at it. I have no doubt she loved those animals and they were her family, in her mind.

Oh my gosh I am so sorry. Family ties, and what we know and don't about our past generations.

There's no coincidences in this life. My mom is 83. Sharp as a tack other than that I'm it as I'm her eyes, shop, cook, clean, Doctors the whole jam. Something big just came up I have no clue about. Nada. My two siblings and DD and nephews all too busy to care. The nephew who does and would die for my mom is States away. This world can be ugly.

Also sorry I ranted to you. This is about your aunt. It kills me that the elderly get blown off.
Very selfish of me to vent, but Bless her she is in a better place now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BossJoss
Back